Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 330
Posted: 11/21/2010 12:25:36 PM EDT
Ok, so this is a list of movies that are available for instant streaming from Netflix that all arfcom should have seen.  I'll start it off and everyone keep adding:

1.  HEAT
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:07:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Excellent synopsis.  I'm hoping for a 2nd season - either without the faggy brother or him at least grown up to the real world.
View Quote

I was hoping that the whole improv thing they brought in very early on with the Bruce character would have actually developed into something that he could have used as the series progressed. Was expecting it because why else bother spending so much screen time of the character mentioning it and having the few improv group scenes. The writers didn't fold it into the Bruce character development as the season progressed which just crippled the Bruce character and dragged the entire show down with a stupid and annoying character sub plot arc that added absolutely nothing but furthering how wimpy and clueless Bruce was.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]
new page bump
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GLOCKshooter:
Beautiful Dogs is funny as hell.  
https://a-us.storyblok.com/f/1002656/1000x1401/87ac392dd1/shanegillisbeautifuldogs.jpg/m/2600x0
View Quote

Put it on my calendar for tonight.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 7:38:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#4]
Anyone watch "The Tourist"?  Ausi film about a guy who is being chased by a truck, gets into a wreck, wakes up in hospital with no memory.  Yea, I know:  Neva Been Dun Before!  

Jamie Dornan is the main character (with the amnesia), the rest of the cast are Ausi-Unknowns - not surprising since it's filmed in Ausi.

I liked it.  Except for:

Click To View Spoiler
S2 is supposed to be set in Ireland since the main character lives in Ireland and didn't want to be away from home and family for 6 months while filming in Ausi.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Put it on my calendar for tonight.

View Quote

His special Live in Austin is free on YouTube
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll watch that. His Netflix special (and I mean that in multiple ways) was funny enough to cause cancer on the left.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#7]
https://a-us.storyblok.com/f/1002656/1000x1401/87ac392dd1/shanegillisbeautifuldogs.jpg/m/2600x0
View Quote

Funniest stand-up I've seen in years.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sleevefullofaces:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sleevefullofaces:

Before the woke and cancel shit, comedians used to cross the line all the time.

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
This popped up yesterday and had me rolling:

https://www.facebook.com/RalphieMay/videos/1104555930731930
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By M15A2:

His special Live in Austin is free on YouTube
View Quote

That one is better than the NF one.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Indeed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:

That one is better than the NF one.
View Quote

Much better
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone here that watched Sweet Home S1 (Korean zombie show) seen S2 and can offer their opinion on it?

I enjoyed S1, but the reviews for S2 are concerning.  Normally I would just watch S2 and see, but because I barely remember what happened in S1, I would have to rewatch it first.  I don’t want to waste my time doing that if S2 isn’t even watchable.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:27:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#14]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Has anyone here that watched Sweet Home S1 (Korean zombie show) seen S2 and can offer their opinion on it?

I enjoyed S1, but the reviews for S2 are concerning.  Normally I would just watch S2 and see, but because I barely remember what happened in S1, I would have to rewatch it first.  I don’t want to waste my time doing that if S2 isn’t even watchable.
View Quote

Watched the first episode of season two. There is a recap at the beginning of episode that goes over some of of the first season. The first episode of season 2 had a different feel than the first season. Like they're taking the storyline in a different direction. They threw some money at special effects, sets and such. Lots of action, explosions and gun play in the first episode. Not sure what to make of it after one episode. May not be for everyone. Will probably give the second episode a try to see if it goes anywhere.

On a different note. Working through Griselda. Half way through and not quite sure why but if feels like they left a lot on the cutting room floor and it leaves the story flow at bit off and disjointed. Feels rushed. As someone else already commented on the characters constant smoking may be a turnoff for some. Seems like every single scene someone is smoking. Normally wouldn't care, but for some reason in this show it just stands out as excessive for some reason. Show isn't bad but isn't as good as it could be. (Post edited)
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Dusty Slay - Working Man is funny as hell!
I laughed my ass off.

View Quote
Can confirm.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone watch "The Tourist"?  Ausi film about a guy who is being chased by a truck, gets into a wreck, wakes up in hospital with no memory.  Yea, I know:  Neva Been Dun Before!  
View Quote

I should not have read your spoiler.
Oh well. The fat chick Ausie Police Officer, gives the show a kind of Fargo like feel to it.

I'm still working on it and enjoying it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By drobs:

Oh well. The fat chick Ausie Police Officer, gives the show a kind of Fargo like feel to it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drobs:

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:09:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#18]
Griselda was meh in spite of a fairly good performance by Sofía Vergara. Felt like just a series of adapted highlights from Griselda Blanco life on rather than a story that flows from one scene to the next. Seemed disjointed at times.

Half way through Sweet Home season 2. Not sure what to make of it as the story line takes a bit different track than what I remember from season 1's story line. Keeping me mostly entertained though.

Yu Yu Hakuso after several episodes is also fairly entertaining for what it is (live action Manga).

The different styles of South Korean and Japanese shows are refreshing change over some of the content currently being put out by Hollywood these days.

(Edit to add: Now see that Sweet Home has a third season coming in summer of 2024 per Netflix.)
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 5:09:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#19]
Wil (or Will) was not bad for a WWII film. No set battle scenes or the like but a fairly decent character development story about a Antwerp rookie police officer set during WWII. Apparently won a bunch of awards at some overseas (Ensors in Ostend) film festival.

Everything Everywhere All At Once is coming Friday Feb 23rd.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sbhaven:
Wil (or Will) was not bad for a WWII film. No set battle scenes or the like but a fairly decent character development story about a Antwerp rookie police officer set during WWII. Apparently won a bunch of awards at some overseas (Ensors in Ostend) film festival.

Everything Everywhere All At Once is coming Friday Feb 23rd.
View Quote
I was very interested in "Everything everywhere..." and I really like Yeoh, but I thought it was a big let down.
A bog standard Multiverse story and an uninteresting(actually tiresome) mommy issues drama.  I do not understand the love it receives other than it's an all Asian cast, so whoopie yay.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 6:00:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#21]
Brooklyn Nine-Nine drops on Netflix Feb 26th.

Seasons 1 and 2 of Resident Alien have also been added to Netflix.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By feudist:
I was very interested in "Everything everywhere..." and I really like Yeoh, but I thought it was a big let down.
A bog standard Multiverse story and an uninteresting(actually tiresome) mommy issues drama.  I do not understand the love it receives other than it's an all Asian cast, so whoopie yay.
View Quote

I agree with your review. I watched it on Showtime (I think). It was ok but nothing fantastic.

On a unrelated note the Australian series "The Tourist" is pretty darn good. I'm 1/2 through the 6th and final episode.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Resident Alien. From the makers of family guy.

Set in a Colorado town of 1000, an alien crash lands. The alien is played by Alan Tudyk (Firefly pilot). He assumes a human form and tries to fit in. He is scouring the area to recover parts of his ship and a doomsday device.

The premise is fairly similar to The History of Future Folk.  The characters are quirky. Writing, humor and production value are solid. My wife watches it with me. Its rare to find something we both get along with. Its fairly kid friendly too. If it doesn't grab your attention in a couple episodes, its probably not for you.

Syfy's Resident Alien - Official Trailer (2021) Alan Tudyk

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

Set in a Colorado town of 1000, an alien crash lands. The alien is played by Alan Tudyk (Firefly pilot). He assumes a human form and tries to fit in. He is scouring the area to recover parts of his ship and a doomsday device.

The premise is fairly similar to The History of Future Folk.  The characters are quirky. Writing, humor and production value are solid. My wife watches it with me. Its rare to find something we both get along with. Its fairly kid friendly too. If it doesn't grab your attention in a couple episodes, its probably not for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4J7QjGNTs4

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:09:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZF-1] [#26]
House of ninjas was fun.

House of Ninjas | Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4J7QjGNTs4

View Quote

First season is great

Second starts out good, then gets all fat girly.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:48:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLOCKshooter] [#28]
Watched Dune last night, I was really impressed.  I'm not sure how I missed this.   My wife was asking about the actor who played Paul, and I told her about The King.   We started watching that, and now I'm going to be dragging ass at work today.  This will inevitably lead to us watching Henry V.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:01:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#29]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Watched Dune last night, I was really impressed.  I'm not sure how I missed this.   My wife was asking about the actor who played Paul, and I told her about The King.   We started watching that, and now I'm going to be dragging ass at work today.  This will inevitably lead to us watching Henry V.
View Quote

Your Dune timing is good. I believe Dune Part Two releases March 1.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:46:32 AM EDT
[#31]
The Man From Toronto staring Woody Harrelson was very funny.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:46:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MADMAXXX] [#32]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Started Loudermilk last night.  What an asshole!  But I'm still watching it.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Started Loudermilk last night.  What an asshole!  But I'm still watching it.  
View Quote

We thought it got much better towards the end of season 3.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Yup.

First season is fantastic.

Then it turns into a show about fat blue-haired girls and their various trials and tribulations.  With an alien
View Quote

Season 3 has been better so far
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Yup.

First season is fantastic.

Then it turns into a show about fat blue-haired girls and their various trials and tribulations.  With an alien

Well the mayor's wife is still around!
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:25:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#38]
Has anybody posted about the film Arkansas?

Arkansas (2020 Movie) Official Trailer – Vince Vaughn, Liam Hemsworth, Clark Duke

Quirky Neo-Noir about drug dealing with a side of Dixie Mafia.  Started to watch it awhile ago and lost interest.

I gave it another try out of desperate boredom, and it definitely has a certain je ne c'est quoi.

The characters are well rendered.  I could tell it was a book first.

Josh Brolin's daughter Eden pretty much stole the show.

2nd place goes to the pudgy dork, Clark Duke.

Fair warning--it's a slow burner.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 2:28:27 AM EDT
[#39]
I've never heard of warrior before, but clicked on it and was surprised there were three seasons and I'm almost done watching this series. This show is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 2:41:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By slomofo:
I've never heard of warrior before, but clicked on it and was surprised there were three seasons and I'm almost done watching this series. This show is pretty cool.
View Quote

I thought S1 started off very promising, but that it slowly started to go downhill around midseason.  I threw in towel not far into S2.

For a better show, IMO, by the same creators: I recommend Banshee.  Though it’s probably not on Netflix.

Antony Starr (Homelander) steals the show, but the amount of talent they had was insane.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#41]
I watched Spaceman. It felt like punishment.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:14:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mike_48] [#42]
Anybody take in "American Conspiracy:  The Octopus Murders" yet?  I watched all 4 episodes and found it pretty interesting and also a bit concerning.  It has it all, drug running by the .gov, JFK assassination, murders, gun running, international intrigue, overthrowing of governments, it's got everything.  If you like conspiracies, this one is for you.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ZF-1:
House of ninjas was fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaDl_i80PYU
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:03:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#44]
I just finished Loudermilk.  Surprisingly not all that woke considered it's set in Seattle (but filmed in Vancouver, BC).

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Finished Loudermilk "Louderman"... Thumbs up.
Really wanted to like The Tourist and episode 5 was great. In the end I walked away disappointed. Will not watch season 2.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ZF-1:
House of ninjas was fun.
View Quote

Another +1. Was pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:07:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#47]
Originally Posted By Mike_48:
Anybody take in "American Conspiracy:  The Octopus Murders" yet?  I watched all 4 episodes and found it pretty interesting and also a bit concerning.  It has it all, drug running by the .gov, JFK assassination, murders, gun running, international intrigue, overthrowing of governments, it's got everything.  If you like conspiracies, this one is for you.

View Quote

I followed the story back in the day as it evolved in real time.  It all seemed pretty creepy.

I'd like to take another look at it all with a modern-day lens.

American Conspiracy: The Octopus Murders | Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#48]
I just finished watching Night Agent.
It is a series of 10 x 55-minute episodes.
I enjoyed it.
But of course, it has its share of DEI hires like most movies today.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By outdoorgb:
Finished Loudermilk "Louderman"... Thumbs up.
Really wanted to like The Tourist and episode 5 was great. In the end I walked away disappointed. Will not watch season 2.
View Quote

Just started season 3 of Loudermilk - that show has some great writers!

I'm also slowly working on season 2 of the Tourist. It's ok - but I'm kind of loosing interest in it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Watched "Yesterday" last night. I enjoyed it. Oh, and Lily James is a cutie.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 330
Top Top