Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for more videos of UA armor mixing with, and shooting up, RU towed artillery.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/BoyandDog_jpg-2931357.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

All I can report this morning is that the ruZZIans claim (meaning no AFU sources have confirmed) that the entire AFU 47th Air Assault Brigade was recommitted to the line of contact between Robotyne and Novoprokopivka and there is extremely heavy fighting going on.

On a positive note,
@Majakovsk73
was able to document AFU advances towards Novoprokopivka and Verbove over the last 24-hours.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4X8E_3XkAA0cC9?format=jpg&name=large

Video:

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for more videos of UA armor mixing with, and shooting up, RU towed artillery.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/BoyandDog_jpg-2931357.JPG

Yes, I was just thinking to myself that when we once again see UKR auto-cannon fire tearing up RU towed arty we'll know a real break through is happening.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4XbAG2WwAASi05?format=png&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4XkgnmXMAEoOw2?format=png&name=900x900

View Quote
Would not be the first time chocolate has been dropped to troops.  https://americangimuseum.org/tootsie-rolls-saved-troops-at-the-battle-of-the-chosin-reservoir/
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Would not be the first time chocolate has been dropped to troops.  https://americangimuseum.org/tootsie-rolls-saved-troops-at-the-battle-of-the-chosin-reservoir/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4XbAG2WwAASi05?format=png&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4XkgnmXMAEoOw2?format=png&name=900x900

There's no Hershey's to save these guys though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Video:

View All Quotes

All I can report this morning is that the ruZZIans claim (meaning no AFU sources have confirmed) that the entire AFU 47th Air Assault Brigade was recommitted to the line of contact between Robotyne and Novoprokopivka and there is extremely heavy fighting going on.

On a positive note,
@Majakovsk73
was able to document AFU advances towards Novoprokopivka and Verbove over the last 24-hours.

Video:

This is either indicates that the Russians have decided to commit to a more mobile, maneuver defense, or that the Ukrainians attrition based strategy is starting to pay off. It could be a mixture of the two, I suppose.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Prigozhin dead?  Check.
Utkin dead?  Check.
Good, report to the Tsar. Investigation complete. Now, clean up this mess.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:23:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#8]
From a few days ago, different angles on the failed Russian assault.

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

@Mach, @AeroE, could you please come in here and cure us of our (including my own) ignorance please? Subject was GLSDB, debate was, which launch/flight profile yields most range.

I am no engineer, but I grok  that the rocket part and the wing part do different things. Shoot rocket straight up, glide vehicle has highest altitude, but not necessarily most range.

Angle the rocket part at 45*, and you get more lateral range, but maybe the flying bits can't go as far due to intervening terrain.

And so on...

So guys, assuming a flat surface (haha) what do those trade-offs actually look like?

This post brought to you by the US public education system and the decline of knowledge in basic physical principles (including my own).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Could you elaborate? Effective for what?

Advertised range of GLSDB is 150km.   To hit the kerch bridge with them, they'd have to be fired from practically the shoreline of the sea of azov.

To hit supply depots, command centers, transportation infrastructure etc in the land bridge, they're already in range of GLSDB.  

Mariupol is only 76km from Vuhledar.
Berdyansk is 105km from Huliapole.
The last road to the south of Melitopol before you reach the coast is 85km from Piatykhatky or Robotyne.

Likewise, all the bridges on the north side of crimea are already within that 150km range.

Is that 150km assumption wrong?  Seems like the only place where an additional 10 miles would make a difference to GLSDB is the Kherson area.  Where a bit closer gives them more options on where to fire from in order to hit bridges on the north side of crimea.   But then again, that doesn't seem likely because wouldn't it require moving HIMARs across the river with no quick way to get them back if needed?  That seems like an incredibly risky move to me.

I get that you don't want to drive HIMARs right up to the line of contact to use them.  But still... seems like they're already well away from the front to be able to still hit anywhere they need to in the land bridge.

@Mach, @AeroE, could you please come in here and cure us of our (including my own) ignorance please? Subject was GLSDB, debate was, which launch/flight profile yields most range.

I am no engineer, but I grok  that the rocket part and the wing part do different things. Shoot rocket straight up, glide vehicle has highest altitude, but not necessarily most range.

Angle the rocket part at 45*, and you get more lateral range, but maybe the flying bits can't go as far due to intervening terrain.

And so on...

So guys, assuming a flat surface (haha) what do those trade-offs actually look like?

This post brought to you by the US public education system and the decline of knowledge in basic physical principles (including my own).

well thanks for the mention,  but I was an air to air guy and know nothing of ground launched munitions.

but any flying munition has several range limiting factors. Effective range can be limited by launch altitude and angle, rocket fuel depletion, battery life time of flight, minimum terminal guidance airspeed, angle of terminal  guidance, previous power on time degradation, and for air to air munitions aspect angle at detonation for fused detonations if used a fixed detonation profile. ( there might be something similar for strike munitions, I dont know)

for example, you might be able to get a certain extended range geometry but the battery life is depleted during terminal guidance and while it will impact something, it isnt going to guide to the intended target because the battery voltage is to low to power the electronics for guidance and maybe fusing if non-impact fusing is desired.

there may be other limfact considerations, been out a long long time

TLDR: its complicated
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

This is either indicates that the Russians have decided to commit to a more mobile, maneuver defense, or that the Ukrainians attrition based strategy is starting to pay off. It could be a mixture of the two, I suppose.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

On a positive note,
@Majakovsk73

Video:

I'm no expert, but my understanding is that the former would require a complete doctrinal shift by the Russian forces. I mentioned the blurb from a few weeks ago about the reported shortage of troops for their defense lines and it looking like they're trying a retrograde defense to my former-armor-officer buddy and he just laughed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Will we find mass graves in those Belarussian camps? "Welcome to Camp "Mach Frie" Wagner veterans. The showers are this way..."...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Prime:
The death of the leadership of PMC "Wagner": what will happen next with the mercenaries in Belarus?

On the evening of August 23, as a result of a plane crash, the owner of the Wagner PMC, Yevgeny Prigozhin, as well as a number of key PMC figures, died. In this regard, the question arises about the future fate of the Wagner mercenaries, who until recently were going to firmly and permanently settle in Belarus.

Immediately after the information about the death of Prigozhin, a version began to spread that the death of the leadership of the Wagner PMC could lead to the liquidation of the PMC structure as such and, accordingly, the withdrawal of mercenaries from Belarus. Without denying the possibility of such a scenario, I would like to warn against unnecessarily premature conclusions. Considering that the news of Prigozhin's death was unexpected (albeit expected), it will take some time to start the internal processes of PMC reorganization and decision-making.

At present, the monitoring group "Belarusian Gayun" does not record the withdrawal of mercenary forces from their main base in Belarus - the camp in the village of Celel, Osipovichi district. At the same time, internet outages were recorded in the vicinity of the camp last night.

It should be noted that according to satellite imagery data from August 15, a slight increase in equipment was observed in the field camp in the village of Tselva. Also, from July 28 to August 15, about 35 tents out of almost 300 were dismantled in the camp.

In general, it can be stated that the situation in the camp is not static and is constantly changing.

If you notice any unusual activity (for example, columns with Wagner PMC mercenaries), please write to us in the @HajunBYbot bot (by yourself or through your friends abroad), or use the feedback form on the site.

https://t.me/Hajun_BY/7275

Will we find mass graves in those Belarussian camps? "Welcome to Camp "Mach Frie" Wagner veterans. The showers are this way..."...

Well, they ARE taking down tents 20 or so at a time!
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

The sad thing is that the quote is something someone on the Internet randomly made up sometime in the last couple of decades and doesn't have any real connection to our Founding Fathers or any philosophers who gave this country inspiration for the cause of liberty.
View Quote

It came out of the Patriot Movement of the early 90's.

It wasn't presented as a historical quote at that time.

Possibly Louis Beam.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Has the west been criticized yet for using a very expensive Moon to intercept a little ole lunar module?

“They are going to run out of moons! NATO cannot sustain this onslaught of lunar modules! No more moons for Ukraine! Send all moons to Hawaii!”
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Interesting data from Wikipedia:

This is also noteworthy:

View All Quotes

I agree, there are a ton of variables, but it will give the Ukrainians a good deal of flexibility when it arrives in numbers.  I don't think the Russian air defenses will be able to intercept it as easily as some think.  Different flight profiles and maneuvers could fool the SAM radars at deciding what the target is.

https://www.arabnews.com/sites/default/files/userimages/20/gr_glsdb.png

The cost is undisclosed; however the SDB used in GLSDB has a cost to the U.S. military of about $40,000,[16][33] with the accompanying M26 rocket coming from obsolete inventory. The amount to be allocated to each GLSDB of the cost of the "inter-stage adapter", the cost to develop a launcher-container, and the other GLSDB development and production costs of Boeing and Saab is unknown.[34] For comparison purposes, the cost of a single M31 missile is estimated at $500,000,[17] though this may be the "export price", always higher than the amount charged to the U.S. army.[35] According to the U.S. army's budget, it will pay about $168,000 for each GMLRS in 2023.[36][37] The GLSDB is being offered to Ukraine as a long distance alternative to the 300 km (190 mi) ATACMS missiles,[38][39] which have a price per unit estimated to be well over $1M USD.[40] The other long distance alternative is the 250 km (160 mi) Storm Shadow missiles,[41] each of which is estimated to cost around  2m ($2.5m USD, FY2023).

This is also noteworthy:

Although the GLSDB can be launched from either MLRS or HIMARS, it also comes with its own launcher, which resembles a nondescript 20-foot (6.1 m) shipping container, making it easier to create decoys and more difficult for the enemy to locate and target.

I believe there is also an air launched version. Which along with the F16's on the way may give some decent options as well. I am not sure how the ground launch version differs from the air launch. I think its named gbu53b  but having a bunch of those used by lofting or fired at standoff distances would probably be super helpful.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I would guess they are very likely to achieve another 10km before October. That makes for a very cold and lonely winter if transport is cut off.
"(Then) it’s very hard to see how the Russian army can continue to fight"

"Ukrainians must advance another 10km southward to cover all the terrain between them and the Sea of Azov.

"Ukraine is now closing in on this goal at several spots along the frontline...

"Once this happens, there is (forgive the use of this old term) a domino effect"

Crimea would be supplied only by the Kerch Bridge, whose capacity "will likely not be enough to supply both the western part of the front and the civilian population"
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Ive been waiting for something like this to come out, I know the FSB raided all his offices though after the coup, wonder if Prighozin kept his "kompramat" elsewhere?  Interesting days lay ahead
View All Quotes

Ive been waiting for something like this to come out, I know the FSB raided all his offices though after the coup, wonder if Prighozin kept his "kompramat" elsewhere?  Interesting days lay ahead

There's the thing I don't understand, why were they all together in the same plane?

I guess I'm used to former F500 companies I worked for that had specific rules about what level of employees could travel together depending on classification. Several times during big conferences or company meetings we wound up on different flights as we had to divide up the group.

Just doesn't seem like a way to have any continuity. Yes I know, ruzzia, but still you would think the vodka would wear off occasionally.

Of course Prig never should have flown anything that didn't head west and was out of russian air space immediately. And traveled around in an MRAP. Or better yet, avoid travel anywhere within Russian borders. Or people with umbrellas.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
Made it to the finish line:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

I believe there is also an air launched version. Which along with the F16's on the way may give some decent options as well. I am not sure how the ground launch version differs from the air launch. I think its named gbu53b  but having a bunch of those used by lofting or fired at standoff distances would probably be super helpful.
View All Quotes

I agree, there are a ton of variables, but it will give the Ukrainians a good deal of flexibility when it arrives in numbers.  I don't think the Russian air defenses will be able to intercept it as easily as some think.  Different flight profiles and maneuvers could fool the SAM radars at deciding what the target is.

The cost is undisclosed; however the SDB used in GLSDB has a cost to the U.S. military of about $40,000,[16][33] with the accompanying M26 rocket coming from obsolete inventory. The amount to be allocated to each GLSDB of the cost of the "inter-stage adapter", the cost to develop a launcher-container, and the other GLSDB development and production costs of Boeing and Saab is unknown.[34] For comparison purposes, the cost of a single M31 missile is estimated at $500,000,[17] though this may be the "export price", always higher than the amount charged to the U.S. army.[35] According to the U.S. army's budget, it will pay about $168,000 for each GMLRS in 2023.[36][37] The GLSDB is being offered to Ukraine as a long distance alternative to the 300 km (190 mi) ATACMS missiles,[38][39] which have a price per unit estimated to be well over $1M USD.[40] The other long distance alternative is the 250 km (160 mi) Storm Shadow missiles,[41] each of which is estimated to cost around  2m ($2.5m USD, FY2023).

This is also noteworthy:

Although the GLSDB can be launched from either MLRS or HIMARS, it also comes with its own launcher, which resembles a nondescript 20-foot (6.1 m) shipping container, making it easier to create decoys and more difficult for the enemy to locate and target.

Can the glsdb hit moving targets?  I remember Boeing and some air force higher up reroute the specs of some bomb project that initially would hit moving targets and then she changed it to stationary and got prison time for it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Prigozhin dead?  Check.
Utkin dead?  Check.
View All Quotes

Prigozhin dead?  Check.
Utkin dead?  Check.
Scrappers, they're all the same.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:13:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#20]
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:

There's the thing I don't understand, why were they all together in the same plane?

I guess I'm used to former F500 companies I worked for that had specific rules about what level of employees could travel together depending on classification. Several times during big conferences or company meetings we wound up on different flights as we had to divide up the group.

Just doesn't seem like a way to have any continuity. Yes I know, ruzzia, but still you would think the vodka would wear off occasionally.

Of course Prig never should have flown anything that didn't head west and was out of russian air space immediately. And traveled around in an MRAP. Or better yet, avoid travel anywhere within Russian borders. Or people with umbrellas.
View Quote

Even my family traveled in separate planes. Dad and my sister on one plane and Me and Mom on another.
Even later in life, family members always traveled on separate planes.
Only two family members traveling, separate planes. It was just normal to me.
Come to think of it my dad did work for the Fortune #1 or #2 at the time.

To quote a famous phrase .. "Thank god they are stupid"
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#21]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4YjB2bXkAIa7p2?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

Holy crap, I sure hope all this is true. They are moving rapidly now!
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#22]

How many GLSDB's did we provide them?  and are they using them to great effect?
View All Quotes

Advertised range of GLSDB is 150km.   To hit the kerch bridge with them, they'd have to be fired from practically the shoreline of the sea of azov.

To hit supply depots, command centers, transportation infrastructure etc in the land bridge, they're already in range of GLSDB.  

The last road to the south of Melitopol before you reach the coast is 85km from Piatykhatky or Robotyne.

Likewise, all the bridges on the north side of crimea are already within that 150km range.

Is that 150km assumption wrong?  Seems like the only place where an additional 10 miles would make a difference to GLSDB is the Kherson area.  Where a bit closer gives them more options on where to fire from in order to hit bridges on the north side of crimea.   But then again, that doesn't seem likely because wouldn't it require moving HIMARs across the river with no quick way to get them back if needed?  That seems like an incredibly risky move to me.

I get that you don't want to drive HIMARs right up to the line of contact to use them.  But still... seems like they're already well away from the front to be able to still hit anywhere they need to in the land bridge.

And so on...

For one of the tests, they hit a sea target at 130km you can see the angle of the launch for that here.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1183820804037009411

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2019/10/15/saab-boeing-ground-launched-small-diameter-bomb-sea-target-test/

Looks about 45 degree angle, perhaps more depending on the camera angle.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/glsdb-norway-saab-768x432.jpg

So far there’s no confirmed instance of GLSDB in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Serious question:  What's it going to take before Putin says, "It's over.  Pull out the troops."

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CS223:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:

Prigozhin dead?  Check.
Utkin dead?  Check.

“Sure boss, we’ll investigate this pile of aluminum!”
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CMOS:
Serious question:  What's it going to take before Putin says, "It's over.  Pull out the troops."

CMOS
View Quote
The death of every single Russian other than his personal entourage.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

I think Ukraine would pass on that deal.
View Quote
Italians and Russians have a history of switching sides.  Especially after being betrayed
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:31:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GBTX01] [#28]

The birds 💙🦅💛 of the Magyar destroy the UMZ (universal mine countermeasures) of the Rashists 🧟 which is designed to slow down the advance of our counteroffensive, but it will no longer be able to interfere with the Armed Forces 💙💪💛 to liberate our holy land ❤️‍🩹
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#29]

CMOS
View Quote

Putin will never say that.  It only happens once Putin is dead.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#30]
On the lighter side, Russia being Russia in the consumer market. Plus vignettes on inflation, nepotism, and forced child labor in schools. Situation normal, all readings nominal, full speed ahead!

Of note are the increased payments for KIA/WIA of 5/3 million Rubles. Or about $50k/$30k. No wonder they report only a fraction and the majority are MIA (no payment).

Heineken left Russia hard, selling all its factories for 102 rubles. But that's not the funniest thing. Not everyone writes to whom exactly she sold them. The factories will go to Arnest Group, the manufacturer of Dichlorvos and Dividic shoe polish. Russian Heineken will be produced by the same company that makes a cockroach remedy. 😂

Producers are asking for permission to raise prices due to the growth of the dollar. As stated in a letter from Rusprodsoyuz to the Interindustry Expert Council, the cost of wheat has already increased by 16% in two months, vegetable oil - by 8%. “The growth in domestic raw materials is due to the exchange rate difference, even if there is an export duty on wheat and oil, not to mention imported ingredients,” the letter says. Therefore, enterprises suggested to retail chains to recognize that the volatility of currencies is a sufficient reason for changing prices for both importers and domestic manufacturers. Manufacturers also insist on reducing the time for reviewing price tags to every two weeks. 😂

President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev has appointed his daughter to the post of assistant. This will be the highest position in the renewed Administration of the President of Uzbekistan. Since the start of his presidency, Mirziyoyev has appointed more than 20 of his relatives to high positions in the country's government, according to local media.

Rules for payments to victims and families of those who died during the creation of fortifications in border regions approved - Cabinet of Ministers. Payments to such citizens were approved earlier by a decree of the President of the Russian Federation. The families of the victims will receive 5 million rubles each. In case of injury, the amount of payment will be 3 million rubles.

The main volume of projected spending from the National Welfare Fund was postponed to the second half of the year. The bulk of spending is transferred to the second half of the year is due to the need to shore up the Ruble and prevent inflation from accelerating.

Krasnoyarsk schoolchildren were forced to sew two tons of clothes for the military. According to the amendments to the law "On Education", from September 1, schoolchildren will be able to be forced to work for free without the consent of their parents.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:35:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Can the glsdb hit moving targets?  I remember Boeing and some air force higher up reroute the specs of some bomb project that initially would hit moving targets and then she changed it to stationary and got prison time for it.
View All Quotes

This is also noteworthy:

Ok who was that???
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#32]

From what I can tell, we are providing them, but they won't really be available in larger numbers until September/October.   You will know when they are being used, you'll see a bunch of reports of stuff blowing up 100km or more from the front line.  Especially ammo dumps and front line helicopter staging areas.

View All Quotes

And so on...

For one of the tests, they hit a sea target at 130km you can see the angle of the launch for that here.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1183820804037009411

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2019/10/15/saab-boeing-ground-launched-small-diameter-bomb-sea-target-test/

Looks about 45 degree angle, perhaps more depending on the camera angle.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/glsdb-norway-saab-768x432.jpg

From what I can tell, we are providing them, but they won't really be available in larger numbers until September/October.   You will know when they are being used, you'll see a bunch of reports of stuff blowing up 100km or more from the front line.  Especially ammo dumps and front line helicopter staging areas.

Mmmm…helicopter staging areas….
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

On the other hand, it would be a masterful psyop for the West to make Putin think he blew up a double and the real Prigo defected.
Someone needs to steal the body first though.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Yeah, I'll believe Prigozhin's still alive before I'll believe that.

Why the fuck would they even release that info?? I'm going to go with fake news...

Me too.

On the other hand, it would be a masterful psyop for the West to make Putin think he blew up a double and the real Prigo defected.
Someone needs to steal the body first though.

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

There is the luckiest MF on the whole front today.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:45:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stgdz] [#35]

Ok who was that???
View All Quotes

This is also noteworthy:

Ok who was that???

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-39_Small_Diameter_Bomb
But it appears Raytheon got involved but Boeing and saab are now making them
Tallest will be a long soon to explain how procurement.works in its convoluted military way.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darleen_Druyun. A real piece of work.

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#36]
T-10

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Fucking unbelievable.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Interesting.  Wrapping things up?
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Spotted on the road

"Stop Putin. Stop war."

Attachment Attached File

(Yes, the ol iPotato sucks. )
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

So, we are seeing the widening of Russian "Freikorps" unit formation.  Things are getting spicier all the time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
Originally Posted By PMB1086:

Some context from opensanctions.org
Yan Petrovskiy is the leader and commander of the Russian paramilitary group ‘Task Force 'Rusich’, which maintains links to Russian private military company Wagner Group, possibly operating as a sub-unit of Wagner. Task Force ’Rusich’ is participating in combat alongside Russia’s military in the war of aggression against Ukraine. ‘Rusich’ has a long history of fighting alongside Russiabacked proxies in the Donbas region of Ukraine. In 2015, ‘Rusich’ mercenaries were accused of, and filmed, committing atrocities against deceased and captured Ukrainian soldiers.

—  Swiss SECO Sanctions/Embargoes, 2023-04-20

So, we are seeing the widening of Russian "Freikorps" unit formation.  Things are getting spicier all the time.

Yep, they’re trying to get out and lay the foundation for unrest and direct action in Europe.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

Fucking unbelievable.
View Quote

The rust flying off the treads is a nice touch.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Fucking unbelievable.
View All Quotes
T-10

Fucking unbelievable.
Whats even worse is that they will now have to dig up some 122mm tank shells somewhere for those(though probably different than the 122mm used in the D30 howitzer, they may just send a crew of poor Gretchins Mobiks to fire it anyway). This will do wonders for their already struggling logistics.

They already need 100mm for the T-54/55, 115mm for the T-62, and 125mm for the T-72/T80/T90.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I was dumb enough to get out of the boat again. Rational thought is missing from many here who used to be great posters. Sigh.
My twitter account is almost useless, either everyone I have followed is ghosted, or I am. It's what I get for shitposting, I guess.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#43]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4YmykrWEAABYpu?format=png&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4YnHGpXcAAlg8Y?format=jpg&name=small

View All Quotes

Andrii Yusov, a representative of the Intelligence Directorate, says in a comment to the media.

According to him, there is currently information about the dead and wounded russians, but it needs to be clarified.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4YmykrWEAABYpu?format=png&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4YnHGpXcAAlg8Y?format=jpg&name=small

Stormshadow, drones, Neptune, or Grim-2?
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#44]

CMOS
View Quote

It would take Jeff Dunham sitting next to putin's propped up body with his hand under the back of his jacket.

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:32:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#45]

CMOS
View Quote

If history is a guide never. When Partisans surround the Kremlin with Putin inside with a gun to his own head and pulls the trigger.
Then maybe the troops get pulled.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:33:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#46]
Originally Posted By LurkerII:

Even my family traveled in separate planes. Dad and my sister on one plane and Me and Mom on another.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LurkerII:
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:

There was information earlier that they always travelled together, but often made last minute changes to their travel.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#47]

After watching again I am changing my answer to dragon.
View All Quotes

It looks like a tent, or some metal roofing...or a dragon.

After watching again I am changing my answer to dragon.
yup 100 % Dragon
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:36:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GBTX01] [#48]
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Whats even worse is that they will now have to dig up some 122mm tank shells somewhere for those(though probably different than the 122mm used in the D30 howitzer, they may just send a crew of poor Gretchins Mobiks to fire it anyway). This will do wonders for their already struggling logistics.

They already need 100mm for the T-54/55, 115mm for the T-62, and 125mm for the T-72/T80/T90.
View Quote

They can always muzzle load it like Jethro Bodine. A bunch of dirt poor Burats won't know any better.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:43:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#50]
CMOS
View Quote

A bullet through his head.
But then it will be his successor pulling out.
So for Putin never.  He can’t survive it politically.  He still (probably) believes its possible to bluff/grind his way to a win against western support and divide/break the NATO alliance, so for him continuing the war has all upside and no downside.
If you haven’t seen this, it’ll give you a good idea of why the war is directed as much or more against the west as against Ukraine.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Top Top