Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/9/2023 10:41:59 PM EDT
If you didn't initiate relations with your woman, how long do you think it would it take for her to initiate?  I'm talking fuzzy, fully effect, rhythmic relations.

I'd guess never for my current gf.

Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
A Week max,

Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
From roughly March until June, I didn’t initiate. I didn’t mention sex, I didn’t say anything.

In June I told her that going 3 months without was unacceptable, I don’t believe she loves me and nothing she says can change that, and she either needs to fix herself or move out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
2-3 weeks maybe, on average.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Never, but she doesn't tell me no when I start things either. When she is mad, it's a bit scary sometimes, but totally worth it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife mentions it being a while since we did anything but never initiates.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From roughly March until June, I didn’t initiate. I didn’t mention sex, I didn’t say anything.

In June I told her that going 3 months without was unacceptable, I don’t believe she loves me and nothing she says can change that, and she either needs to fix herself or move out.
View Quote

How’d that work out for you?
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Since menopause, it has to be me starting it or it won't happen.

Link Posted: 8/9/2023 11:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
They go and cheat on you with someone who will.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Piped
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My wife mentions it being a while since we did anything but never initiates.
View Quote

The same here.
Monday evening I tried to 'initiate' relations with her, but she was too busy playing games on her tablet.
That sure isn't the girl I married 32 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#11]
1 day
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#12]
More than a week, less than a month.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#13]
A couple days.  We've been together for 8 years, married for 6, and still have sex a few times a week.

ETA:  I'm not saying that to brag because I know some guys go at it everyday still.   If that routine is broken, she'll be on me to make sure we get back on schedule.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#14]
A few years ago I would have said a few days or a week at most before she was jumping me. Since she is in Mena pause it can go two weeks sometimes and most often I initiate.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#15]
The wife is always the one to initiate at least 4 times a week, sometimes more. She doesn't even like going to bed alone and will bribe me with back or leg scratches to go to bed when she does.
I guess she likes me or something because it's been like that since day one 25 years.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
More than a week, less than a month.
View Quote

This.

And of course it's been an issue - so she "tries" to be more involved these days
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#17]
A week, max.

She needs it more often, but work stress and fatigue often prevents her from initiating. It sucks for me, but I completely understand since her job is to keep idiots from blowing up a chemical plant. I can read her well enough to know when to initiate and when not to under those circumstances. Away from work, on vacation when she is relaxed, definitely more frequent than weekly.

My ex? Probably never. She treated sex like it was a reward that had to be earned. One of the top reasons why I ejected her ass.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#18]
The hot flashes of menopause have taken a toll on frequency.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell it on arfcom but don't "intitiate" a conversation with her....LOL

intimacy 101 brother

use your noodle before you get the use the other noodle...

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Shit, I took a picture of my dick and taped it to the side of the milk jug, with the caption "Have you seen me lately?".
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Shit, I took a picture of my dick and taped it to the side of the milk jug, with the caption "Have you seen me lately?".
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#22]
You struck gold.   Does she have a sister?

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:
The wife is always the one to initiate at least 4 times a week, sometimes more. She doesn't even like going to bed alone and will bribe me with back or leg scratches to go to bed when she does.
I guess she likes me or something because it's been like that since day one 25 years.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I am with a 29 year old

I get attacked when I get home sometimes
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#24]
A week is her limit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:16:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The same here.
Monday evening I tried to 'initiate' relations with her, but she was too busy playing games on her tablet.
View Quote

That was the downfall of my marriage....that damn tablet and candy crush.  I don't understand how women can be so absorbed in that particular game.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

intimacy 101 brother

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

intimacy 101 brother

The fact that she completely failed the test escapes you doesn't it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd say less than 24 hours, but of course I'd have to consider our work schedules.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#28]
My wife wants it more than me. Wants it twice in the same day like I am still 20 often. Been together 20 years you think she would be sick of me by now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The fact that she completely failed the test escapes you doesn't it.
View Quote

I'm mixed on this. Clearly she failed the test, which is concerning. But playing games and beating around the bush instead of confronting issues and being honest is something women do.

I'm going with both parties fail.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't know and don't want to find out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Since menopause, it has to be me starting it or it won't happen.

View Quote

Hormone replacement is the answer, unless YOU are a smelly mayotanker.
We're in mid 50's fucking more than we ever have.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Sex camel is the term I use.

If we had a few drinks, and broke into the conversation of “I you could, with zero repercussion or expectations, shag someone (non-celebrity) right now, who would it be?”  I’m pretty certain the honest, alcohol enabled answer would be a blank stare.

There’s simply no innate drive; solo, pair, team, group, whatever.

Meanwhile, I’d need to open excel and start a spreadsheet by zip code, or proximity to home, day of the week, or something to keep it organized.  

Do I want to have relations with the lady at the Chinese takeout? Not really; but if she locked the front door and made herself available, it would take about 45 seconds for me to warp her wok.

Sure, the call of “do your part” will likely come chiming in, but I’ll put it this way….if there’s a car that I have to air up the tires, jump the battery, and top off fluids, and put gas in it before every use, I’m probably going to make a lot more effort to consolidate trips, or just take one of the other 3 that are ready to go.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I left a sexless marriage (maybe once a year).  I will never go back to that scenario again.

Started dating a 45 year old (my age) a couple years back.  We had sex constantly.  Now its slowed.

After being rejected by my wife for a dozen years, I've still got some hang ups with initiating.  

Its been a month since the GF have had sex.  She is aware of my past predicament.  I've brought this up before and I'm going to do it again this weekend.  Whatever is going on, needs to be fixed.  She's prime for menopause at 46.  She can start getting shots, pills, whatever...but I'm not going to be in a sexless relationship again.

Good luck OP.  Its not an easy conversation to have.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

intimacy 101 brother

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

intimacy 101 brother

I rather spitefully wanted to experiment with how long she would neglect me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#35]
I left a bitchy judgmental woman that wouldn't initiate and try to make me feel bad afterwards.  31 years of that shit was too much (among other issues), and I ejected.

Not in a relationship now because 31 years has left a fucking mark which will never buff out.  

If I decide to date again, if, and she can't initiate at least once a month (my expectations are low) I am gone.  Not worth the squeeze anymore.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#36]
2 weeks....we talk
2 months ...to the doctor
4 months or more...lawyer.

Exactly how our talk went. When the topic came up ( friend was in a 6 month dry spell)

We are different types,we know it...
I'm the one who will say " hell I love eating pussy..."  shell blush and get all embarrassed. And we joke alot to each other.

She asked me why I married her...
Told her she sucked a good dick.

It worked when we got home lol

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

With all due respect, I can recall many of your relationship threads/posts because they are so out of the ordinary. Your honeymoon thread, her family stealing from you, the lack of intimacy threads, her not displaying any affection thread, etc. Previous threats to kick her to the curb. This is just another at the end of an already long list of complaints. Curious to see if you ever actually do anything about it. I suspect the list will just keep getting longer.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That was the downfall of my marriage....that damn tablet and candy crush.  I don't understand how women can be so absorbed in that particular game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same here.

So it’s like GD is to men?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#39]
It's kind of an expectation at our house. If I didn't initiate or want sex, she would wonder what the hell is wrong with me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:23:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

With all due respect, I can recall many of your relationship threads/posts because they are so out of the ordinary. Your honeymoon thread, her family stealing from you, the lack of intimacy threads, her not displaying any affection thread, etc. Previous threats to kick her to the curb. This is just another at the end of an already long list of complaints. Curious to see if you ever actually do anything about it. I suspect the list will just keep getting longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny enough, this has actually yielded some fruit.

I told her we need to start actually taking the time to be intimate rather than her grudgingly telling me to hop on.

I’m nearing 40, she’s a few years older than me, and from my understanding of the female anatomy actually getting ready to have sex don’t just take a while, it takes longer as you get older. No wonder she wouldn’t enjoy it and would want to avoid it if she’s not physically ready. Heck, if she just grabs me and starts hammering on it, I’m not going to enjoy it.

We found an app that basically game-ifies foreplay, and we’ve been using that to good effect for a few weeks. Even with the family stress she’s been under recently, she’s still making time for us.

Will it continue? No idea. I just hang in there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#41]
A couple of days and she’ll be chasing me down in knee socks and pigtails.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's just weird. Wouldn't she be curious why you didn't want to have sex?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#43]
My wife knows I take sex very seriously.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A couple of days and she’ll be chasing me down in knee socks and pigtails.
View Quote

lucky bastard
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#45]
I am almost positive I know some folks that hadn't made love in like 7 years.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#46]
A month, give or take. She tended to get randy right before that time of the month
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm gonna try that, no really
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A month, give or take. She tended to get randy right before that time of the month
View Quote

When your woman is frisky, that's when it's risky
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#49]
My ex used sex as a weapon. I'll never allow myself to be subjected to that again.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

LMFAO
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top