Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/4/2023 12:54:14 PM EDT
Black Lives Matter joined calls for the former Marine who put a schizophrenic homeless man in a chokehold on the subway to be held 'accountable' today as Democrats demanded he be charged with murder.

Jordan Neely, 30, used to be known as a fun-loving Michael Jackson impersonator who performed on New York City trains to commuters. In recent years, his family say he had suffered severe mental health problems and had 'lost it' after the 2007 murder of his mother.

On Monday, Neely - who has 40 prior arrests from 2013 and 2021 including an assault on a 67-year-old woman - was traveling on the F train at around 2.27pm when he began yelling and throwing garbage, according to other passengers.

On Monday night, Jordan Neely (center) was placed in a chokehold on the subway by an unnamed former Marine (right). He was also restrained by other passengers. Neely later died, and his death has been ruled a homicide

Summer is coming !
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Not saying it was or wasn't properly applied, but.....

That choke doesn't kill you, especially if, once your opponent goes unresponsive, you release.

I've seen the black closing in, but always had the luxury to tap.

Some attention may be needed after blackout.

If it were deadly MMA would have a severely dwindling fighting force.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Crazy people seem fragile?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Any mention of the people he's tried to push into trains?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#4]
But of course.

St. George Floyd showed the way. It will be repeated whenever possible.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, we’ve had members here argue that a rear naked choke was deadly force and they’d shoot if they got in a fight and someone tried to put them in one.

Maybe AOC is a member here.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Would be a shame to see cities burn
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
So the guy was 30. His mother was murdered in 2007. That's 16 years ago. So he was 14. How did he "lose it in recent years" due to his mother's murder? At what point was he a fun-loving Michael Jackson impersonator, if he "lost it" in 2007?

It's all a lie, a big lie.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Why in the fuck get involved at all? Just exit the situation..that's a bad pic..and it will in 24 hr rotation on CNN/MSNBC
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Well that's no surprise.

What is surprising is that in this political climate, in enemy territory, post Floyd, rhe marine thought it was a good idea to use a choke-hold on a black man.  Like, just because you can, and because it might even be considered sane and reasonable among rational people, doesn't mean you should do it in enemy crime-loving New York.  

Cudos for his courage, seriously, it's great he intervened, but damn, he probably should have just punched the dude, or physically restrained him with the help of other passsengers.  Idk, I'm just a couch quarterback.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why in the fuck get involved at all? Just exit the situation..that's a bad pic..and it will in 24 hr rotation on CNN/MSNBC
View Quote

Some people are hard wired to not just sit back and watch.

Some find working at the department of motor vehicles acceptable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, we’ve had members here argue that a rear naked choke was deadly force and they’d shoot if they got in a fight and someone tried to put them in one.

View Quote

You wouldn't shoot someone trying to choke you out?

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is a rear naked choke deadly force?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I also demand that they hold him accountable.

Medal of Freedom, Mayor's Commendation, etc.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The standard for use of force is a reasonable belief of death or great bodily harm.
Any reasonable person would believe that the choke falls within that standard.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not saying it was or wasn't properly applied, but.....

That choke doesn't kill you, especially if, once your opponent goes unresponsive, you release.

I've seen the black closing in, but always had the luxury to tap.

Some attention may be needed after blackout.

If it were deadly MMA would have a severely dwindling fighting force.

View Quote

Pretty sure I saw he was in the hold for 15 minutes.  And that he wasn't doing anything besides yelling and making a scene.  

Not sure if he was awake the entire time, but if he was being held after he blacked out, I can see where there might be a problem.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#16]
The guy was a public menace for at least the past 10 years but now it's an issue that he was dealt with.  The left really does like to idolize the worst in society.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Deaded dude is half my age and has been arrested some 40 times.... and I have never seen the back of a police car. AFAIC... fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The standard for use of force is a reasonable belief of death or great bodily harm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you’re in agreement with “reasonable people” like BLM and AOC that this Marine is a murderer?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well that's no surprise.

What is surprising is that in this political climate, in enemy territory, post Floyd, rhe marine thought it was a good idea to use a choke-hold on a black man.  Like, just because you can, and because it might even be considered sane and reasonable among rational people, doesn't mean you should do it in enemy crime-loving New York.  

Cudos for his courage, seriously, it's great he intervened, but damn, he probably should have just punched the dude, or physically restrained him with the help of other passsengers.  Idk, I'm just a couch quarterback.
View Quote

Punch is deadly force too, maybe
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#20]
That poor guy is fucked.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Neely later died, and his death has been ruled a homicide
View Quote

Yet, there is no toxicology report released as part of the medical examiner determination.  What happens if/when they find out he had a lethal dose of fentanyl or something else in his system?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So you’re in agreement with “reasonable people” like BLM and AOC that this Marine is a murderer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re putting words into my mouth.
2 things can be true at the same time.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pretty sure I saw he was in the hold for 15 minutes.

Not sure if he was awake the entire time, but if he was being held after he blacked out, I can see where there might be a problem.
View Quote

Then, yes, sustained loss or hindrance of blood to the brain can be deadly.

It's like CCW use. When you use it, expect a legal fight.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Engage purse swinging
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Would be a shame to see cities burn
View Quote

Mo money, Mo Equity
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why don’t you explain why deadly force was justified here.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

In this case, yes.

If you are rendered unconscious, can you defend yourself from further assault that may result in your death?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anybody trying any type of choke is likely to get shot.  Pretty simple use of force decision there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In this case, yes.

If you are rendered unconscious, can you defend yourself from further assault that may result in your death?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this case, yes.

So you agree that the Marine murdered the guy.

Cool.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I wonder what they’ll burn down and destroy this time??
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just did.
You seem awfully emotional.
Perhaps you should bow out of the thread gracefully before you make a bigger fool out yourself.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some guy you've never met in your life puts you in a rear naked choke, you wouldn't use any force at your disposal to get out of it? Just accept it and say oh dang, he got me...but he will let go before I die because this isn't deadly force.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#33]
If you're gonna put your hands on someone today, make sure they're lighter skinned than you or else. MSGT milktoast here doesn't have a lot of leeway
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I just did.
Perhaps you should bow out of the thread gracefully before you make a bigger fool out yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just did.

Then maybe you can point it out for the rest of the class, champ.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Dead guy was a POS and deserved it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Some guy you've never met in your life puts you in a rear naked choke, you wouldn't use any force at your disposal to get out of it? Just accept it and say oh dang, he got me...but he will let go before I die because this isn't deadly force.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the marine killed the guy?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

A vet/bar owner who was protecting his old father in one of the 2020 protests shot and killed the guy who had him in RNC. He was legally persecuted and ended up a suicide.

RNC is fatal if the p[erson using it wants it to be. The vet/bar owner did a good shoot.

I think this Marine fucked up but don't want to see him face felony criminal charges or punitive lawsuits.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#38]
They just want to lynch a white man.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I damn sure would.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I was talking with a friend about episodes involving these street crazies. A local nut slapped a woman for no reason. The guy who hit the NYPD officer with a bottle. The guy who smeared shit in the woman's face in NYC. I commented that those people should be put to death. My friend protested that they are mentally ill and not responsible. I said "I know they're mentally ill. They should be killed as a matter of prophylaxis, not punishment."
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Anybody trying any type of choke is likely to get shot.  Pretty simple use of force decision there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayup. I'm either shooting or stabbing if I'm in a hold I can't escape, depending on what I can reach first. Don't put hands on my neck and there won't be an issue.

I also don't do any of the shit the dead guy did that makes one earn getting in that kind of position. I feel for the Marine involved here, because I think he's fucked .
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

But that's also a problem. You end up with rapes and assaults and bystanders doing nothing.

That's why I don't want to see bad things happen to the Marine, even though I think he fucked up and killed the guy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#43]
All three, BLM, NAACP, Crazy Cortez are domestic terrorists.
Fuck them and their bullshit, if they even cared a little bit they would be interested in mental health care, and arresting and jailing criminals, getting the nut cases off the streets not going after a person for defending themselves.  More and more people are taking care of what the police and DAs won't.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure they're choking me out with good intentions.

WTF?

Yes, someone coming to choke me out is abolutely an imminent threat. What a weird comment.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, since it can be used to kill.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like a black guy was an accessory. Let’s see if he faces charges too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you really that dense?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Burn the city down, IDGAF. The rest of the country will be better off for it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top