Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/16/2023 2:46:59 PM EDT
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-republicans-introduce-bill-codifying-right-bear-arms-home

Senate Republicans introduced legislation codifying the right of Americans to both own guns and use them for self-defense outside the home on Thursday.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., announced the legislation alongside fellow members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, saying they intended to codify the court rulings in two key gun rights cases into law. The cases, Washington, D.C. v. Heller and New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen, found, respectively, that Americans have an individual right to bear arms irrespective of participation in a militia, and that they have the right to carry firearms outside their homes.

"There's nothing in the Second Amendment about ‘You can own a gun in your home and nowhere else,’" Graham said in a press conference announcing the legislation. "[Liberals] want to change that law, and if they get control of the Supreme Court these cases will change."

"This is a concerted effort to attack the fundamentals of the Second Amendment as part of an effort to maintain control of the Senate, take back the House and win the White House," he continued. "To conservatives, this is a wake-up call. We need you. Understand what's going on here."
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
pretty sure a well regulated militia doesn't hangout inside
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Hold on....I thought all republicans were the same and part of the 'uniparty'.   Which is it?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice window dressing.  Good luck getting it past the Dem controlled Senate and then getting the Potato in the White House to sign it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hold on....I thought all republicans were the same and part of the 'uniparty'.   Which is it?
View Quote

Why wasn't this done in 2017-2019?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]
"This is a concerted effort to attack the fundamentals of the Second Amendment as part of an effort to maintain control of the Senate, take back the House and win the White House," he continued. "To conservatives, this is a wake-up call. We need you. Understand what's going on here."

At least they're honest about pandering for votes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome!

I won't have to move one of them free states y'all keep yapping about  .

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol

They only do this stuff when they aren’t in power.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

This. Its been called here numerous times. Just another example....and its that POS Graham heading it up
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

the fact that they only do shit like this when they don't hold power pretty much cements the argument that they are, in fact, one and the same.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll believe that sneaky little fuckface did something decent when it passes, gets signed into law, and all the television talking heads are wailing and gnashing their teeth over it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol

Wait until they attach some BS to it to get it to pass. Even it even does and isn't just pandering
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Look at all the bills they sat on when they had both houses and the presidency. This is just a show for stupid people.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Biden will sign it?  Meaningless.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Translation: Send us more money.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Introduced by the same ball cupper that gargles J6 insurgency Kool-aid among other fluids.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
So, you believe his bullshit. He talks with no action, always!!!

You keep believing good cop / bad cop. I dont trust these muther fuckers to do a God damn thing good for us, only for themselves.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#20]
At best redundant,  at worst lowering the bar for the left by lending credibility to their absolutely ridiculous arguments where they redefined militia, well regulated, and anything and everything else they don't like.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't produce political theater If you can accomplish your goals
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-republicans-introduce-bill-codifying-right-bear-arms-home

Senate Republicans introduced legislation codifying the right of Americans to both own guns and use them for self-defense outside the home on Thursday.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., announced the legislation alongside fellow members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, saying they intended to codify the court rulings in two key gun rights cases into law. The cases, Washington, D.C. v. Heller and New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen, found, respectively, that Americans have an individual right to bear arms irrespective of participation in a militia, and that they have the right to carry firearms outside their homes.

"There's nothing in the Second Amendment about ‘You can own a gun in your home and nowhere else,’" Graham said in a press conference announcing the legislation. "[Liberals] want to change that law, and if they get control of the Supreme Court these cases will change."

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Must be time for another NRA donation drive.

LaPuke is tired of wearing the same suit more than 3 times.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#25]
[repeals 922(o)] size 3 font randomly inserted into page 87.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

ayup....
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Amazing how republicans introduce all kinds of shit when they know they don't have the power to pass it. Remember all the great stuff we got in the first half of Trumps term when they controlled everything? In case you forgot here is a short list of things they accomplished in those two years
Nothing
Nada
Diddle Squat
Jack shit
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Stupid idea. If they make a law that says "THIS is where you can exercise your rights", then that means somebody else can also make a law that says "This is where you CAN'T".

Yes, I realize there are already plenty of the latter examples. But we don't need any more.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Is this the same group of people who just signed a bill strengthening Biden's EO on selling guns?

Now they're going to try to cover by introducing a bill that will go absolutely nowhere?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Republicans-Helped-Biden-Implement-Backdoor-Universal-Background-Checks-Gun-Advocates-Say/5-2630907/
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#31]
They should just pass a law stating that the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote

Hundred fucking percent right.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
pretty sure a well regulated militia doesn't hangout inside
View Quote
Have you ever seen a NG drill weekend?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL... they introduced it in a year it will be impossible to pass or get signed?  How do you not see that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nice window dressing.  Good luck getting it past the Dem controlled Senate and then getting the Potato in the White House to sign it.
View Quote

Quoted:

At least they're honest about pandering for votes.
View Quote

Quoted:

lol

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

LOL... they introduced it in a year it will be impossible to pass or get signed?  How do you not see that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did the exact same shit with Obamcare too.

December 2015, Full Repeal bill sent to Obama's desk which was promptly vetoed.
Yet in February 2017 with full control of CONgress RepubliCONs couldn't find the votes to copy/paste that 2015 bill and sent it to Trump's desk.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because we had a president that might be willing to sign it into law.

Now this has zero chance of being signed into law, so it's safe to pretend they are fighting for us while we ignore the gun control they needlessly passed last year.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Republicans seem to only want to push for legislation when they know it won't go through.
It's Conservative virtue signaling.
When they own the House and the Senate they never do such things.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because they don’t actually want anything to change.

They just want us to read click bait articles that make it seem like they are rolling up their and really fighting hard for us.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did any republicans pass any meaningful legislation when they had the house, senate and presidency?   Or did they wait till they knew it wouldn’t go anywhere?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is lip service to the right. Doesn’t have a hope in hell of passing. So as a gesture it’s as meaningless as Graham’s words.

ETA: and also I can’t believe there are still people out there that fall for this shit. I bet those same people also believe they were randomly selected to receive millions of dollars by an honorable barrister in Nigeria.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are... they're all scumbags...
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Biden will sign it?  Meaningless.
View Quote

They know full well that the tater isn't touching this... this is a reaction to the EOs he issued a couple days ago...
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Enough are fake such that the real ones don't matter.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they knew it would actually become law
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Sure does highlight just how far we’ve fallen.

It’s already codified you morons. What needs to be codified is that those who seek to intentionally and willingly subvert the Constitution and directives of the Supreme Court shall be considered traitors to the Republic and prosecuted for Subversion and/or Treason. Period

Show us that legislation GOP- that’s what needs to be codified
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#48]
We already have that in the constitution.

The only good a law could do is to add criminal penalties for violators. This would mean the governor of my state could be thrown in federal prison for violating the rights of New Jerseyans.

I’m not interested in anything else.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
At best redundant,  at worst lowering the bar for the left by lending credibility to their absolutely ridiculous arguments where they redefined militia, well regulated, and anything and everything else they don't like.
View Quote
This.

Is Miss Lindsey up for re-election this cycle or something?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are.

Lemme explain it. They only do this when it is either A: symbolic meaningless bullshit or B: when it will never pass
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top