Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/21/2023 12:28:47 PM EDT
I have a, I assume surplus, Multicam Army coat that I absolutely love. I’m warm natured & generally speaking don’t care for coats but the weight & fit of this coat are perfect for me. The problem is I wasn’t in the Army & in terms of daily wear camo isn’t really my thing. So is there a coat that’s identical to the Army one that’s not camo & maybe doesn’t have the Velcro on the sleeves for the patches?

The exact description on the label reads: “Coat, Army Combat Uniform”. I cannot find a traditional manufacturers tag, the tag with the washing instructions says “Team Soldier Certified Gear” with the US Army logo.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a M65 in Coyote Tan.  Love it.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Damn i've never seen that before. That looks great.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It doesn't scream "military". People think it's a Carhartt jacket.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#4]
i still want an OD M65 for when i'm hitchhiking through the PNW whilst visiting some old work friends and seeking something to eat, then making new friends with local LE.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i still want an OD M65 for when i'm hitchhiking through the PNW whilst visiting some old work friends and seeking something to eat, then making new friends with local LE.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh, it’s you again
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#9]

I wish someone would make one of those with modern shell and insulation. I was issued one of those in woodland and was always cold while in Germany.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wish someone would make one of those with modern shell and insulation. I was issued one of those in woodland and was always cold while in Germany.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There are still plenty of NATO country surplus m65 jackets around and I don't think all of them are made with 100% cotton shells...lemme check.

Edit:I think this is a blended shell and comes with a fleece liner though it's not an actual m65 cut.
Only $37 after coupon though...

https://colemans.com/turkish-military-parka-liner

Croat M65...can't tell if it's 100% cotton or a blend, but the reviews say it's softer and lighter:
https://colemans.com/croatian-military-m65-field-jacket-unused

Slovak 50/50 M65:
https://colemans.com/slovakian-military-parka
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#11]

You can hide a 10" Uzi under one of those without cutting the barrel down.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#12]
You appear to have the Coat to the Multicam/OCP version of the Army Combat Uniform, which replaced the woodland and DCU camo uniform worn from 1981 until 2004.

Tru-Spec makes that same Coat in solid colors, Olive Green, Coyote, Navy Blue, Black, and in Multicam like you have, OCPII (the Army Multicam knock-off or grandfather to Multicam depending on who you ask), Multicam Tropic (like the Vietnam to 1970s until 1980s RDF pattern), etc:
https://www.truspec.com/uniforms/tactical-response-uniform-tru/tactical-response-uniform-tru-shirt
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

@AL25 There were two Austrian Bundesheer surplus M65 Field Jackets released as surplus, one in a cotton blend and an improved version in a Goretex/Sympatex style vapor barrier fabric.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Austrian-Gore-Tex-Combat-Jacket-100-L/dp/B01M58EMOX/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Then Rothco makes a fleece M65 Field Jacket Liner
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Woolrich

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#16]

well, looks like I have another coat to add to the collection
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#17]
M65 haters club reporting in! It’s a heavy, old tech cotton jacket with crappy insulation and minimal water resistance. Really only suitable for dry cool weather around freezing even with the button in liner. No vents either so be prepared to sweat if you are rucking or patrolling. I like massive cargo pockets too and the M65 doesn’t have them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have that one, does not breath at all.  I wear it snow shoeing  and I always get really sweaty.  Thinking about having someone add some zippers in the arm pits.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Still have mine from Basic in 83. Got an OD and a first gen BDU issued.

Referring to the M-65
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Wear mine all the time. With the liner it is plenty warm down into the thirties, no problem. Comfortable, lots of pockets. But I am also a fellow who realizes I can have more than one jacket and choose the appropriate one for the day.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The problem is I wasn’t in the Army & in terms of daily wear camo isn’t really my thing.
View Quote

??? What does that have to do with anything?
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Brandit makes a decent variation.

But the British style with wire hood, more pockets and zippered armpits is better in the ways mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You’re just going to end up in the county jail having an uncomfortable conversation on the bench for IA court with Nazi-tattoo-guy, Jose that laughs at odd times, and Spider Bob (not Mexican Spider Bob, Spider Bob from Portland).

I hope you like food that would make a billy goat puke.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol, I don't own one of those but the reviews are awesome. Last time I ordered from them they had 20% off...I don't recall seeing 25% ever.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a used N-3B
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Anybody used one of these? Looks good, but is it really milsurp? Why would the Dutch use tan?
Well, I ordered one. The clear25 code more or less covered the shipping cost and they have size fatass XL, so it was an easy sale.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're just going to end up in the county jail having an uncomfortable conversation on the bench for IA court with Nazi-tattoo-guy, Jose that laughs at odd times, and Spider Bob (not Mexican Spider Bob, Spider Bob from Portland).

I hope you like food that would make a billy goat puke.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#27]

@speedracer422

It says it’s not waterproof.  Do you have one, and if so, what is your experience with it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol, I don't own one of those but the reviews are awesome. Last time I ordered from them they had 20% off...I don't recall seeing 25% ever.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@speedracer422 Coleman's has a CLEAR25 code sent out via email yesterday that might work or it might just be for clearance items:   https://colemans.com/shop/?_kx=eT4Yto_pMXX1U85vOP_Po3qJSvwzmOSE5kr-6h9q6o5pqEkBCKrFV080O8rovU52.TKNMRy

Or they might do a Presidents' or Valentine's Day discount next month.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Anybody used one of these? Looks good, but is it really milsurp? Why would the Dutch use tan?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They were in Afghanistan with coalition forces.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Dutch? The Danes for sure. And they didn’t have a proprietary desert camo?
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Damn, that looks sharp!  Wish I still wore XL...

For us "big boned" guys, Rothco makes an assortment of colors and some up to 8XL!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@speedracer422

It says it's not waterproof.  Do you have one, and if so, what is your experience with it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@speedracer422

It says it's not waterproof.  Do you have one, and if so, what is your experience with it?

No i don't own one, but it says it's a waterproof outer shell right on the description. Another poster here said his makes him sweat so...I assume it's very well waterproofed lol. It's got about 100 reviews you can read through though.

Also, the 25% off works sitewide (the code is on their main page).

I just tried it in my cart. No problems.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because you want to be cold when you get wet, wearing a glorified BDU top?

M65 is garbage.

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You appear to have the Coat to the Multicam/OCP version of the Army Combat Uniform, which replaced the woodland and DCU camo uniform worn from 1981 until 2004.

Tru-Spec makes that same Coat in solid colors, Olive Green, Coyote, Navy Blue, Black, and in Multicam like you have, OCPII (the Army Multicam knock-off or grandfather to Multicam depending on who you ask), Multicam Tropic (like the Vietnam to 1970s until 1980s RDF pattern), etc:
https://www.truspec.com/uniforms/tactical-response-uniform-tru/tactical-response-uniform-tru-shirt
View Quote

That’s it!

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No i don't own one, but it says it's a waterproof outer shell right on the description. Another poster here said his makes him sweat so...I assume it's very well waterproofed lol. It's got about 100 reviews you can read through though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@speedracer422

@speedracer422

OK.  Under the questions, someone posted that it wasn’t waterproof, but you’re absolutely right that under the description it states clearly that it’s waterproof.  Coleman’s sells some pretty good stuff.

No not gortex . No not water proof. It’s water resistant

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#36]
M65 =  freeze your ass off in any sort of wind.   I lived in my 'Graf jacket' back in the 80's.   The 1st gen Gortex rain gear came out, but wasn't issue, and was high dollar.   Plastic wet weather jacket with a poncho liner sewn in got the job done cheap.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@speedracer422

OK.  Under the questions, someone posted that it wasn't waterproof, but you're absolutely right that under the description it states clearly that it's waterproof.  Coleman's sells some pretty good stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@speedracer422

@speedracer422

OK.  Under the questions, someone posted that it wasn't waterproof, but you're absolutely right that under the description it states clearly that it's waterproof.  Coleman's sells some pretty good stuff.

No not gortex . No not water proof. It's water resistant

Ya those are customer answers; they don't seem to always be accurate.

Anyway I just ordered me an N-3B, wool baclava, and some other things for $139 shipped.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the Netherlands (the Dutch) sent combat troops to both Iraq and Afghanistan. They also had KIA in both theaters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes, the Netherlands (the Dutch) sent combat troops to both Iraq and Afghanistan. They also had KIA in both theaters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Dutch? The Danes for sure. And they didn't have a proprietary desert camo?

Sometimes when you see this new unissued surplus, it was just the result of government waste, like someone had to order something to keep their budget or, someone ordered something specific only to find out they didn't want to actually issue it, etc...

...those jackets may have been for officers or something and nobody liked the color so they just dumped them lol. Who knows?

I bought some unissued, insulated nomex overalls last year. They were for CCV crewman in the 1980's, but no one on arfcom who ever served in a Bradley or whatever at that time recalls seeing them issued, though they all said they'd wish they would've had them lol.

Surplus is weird like that sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The problem is I wasn’t in the Army & in terms of daily wear camo isn’t really my thing.

I suppose in the same way I don’t wear sports jerseys, police uniforms nor Ferrari jackets. Just seems like being a poser to me & that’s not what I’m about.

I’m just a normal guy & I just wear normal guy clothes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#41]
you can find black and navy blue.  and there are clones of them in all kinds of colors.

the coyote/olive looking one is cool.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wear mine all the time. With the liner it is plenty warm down into the thirties, no problem. Comfortable, lots of pockets. But I am also a fellow who realizes I can have more than one jacket and choose the appropriate one for the day.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/191077/58F9BE55-FFF0-48BF-9EA5-9FCEA1AF85AC_jpe-2680516.JPG
View Quote
I was issued one in 1989, always thought it sucked.

Thank god for polypropylene, gortex and  fleece issued cold weather gear.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/191077/58F9BE55-FFF0-48BF-9EA5-9FCEA1AF85AC_jpe-2680516.JPG

They do suck. I often wore one in highschool, but I also used to drink beer in the woods and pass out wearing only jeans, a t shirt, and a jean jacket in 40 weather so...I guess it wasn't much of an issue to me back then
I wore my old m65 to a wintertime arfcom campout almost 20 years ago and realized how shitty they actually are lol. I don't think I've worn it since.

Hopefully my wife likes the N-3b I ordered and I can have my marshmallow jacket back
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Anyway I just ordered me an N-3B, wool baclava, and some other things for $139 shipped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@speedracer422

@speedracer422

No not gortex . No not water proof. It's water resistant

Cool.  I was going to place an order for a couple of things so I may grab the Dutch jacket.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Cool.  I was going to place an order for a couple of things so I may grab the Dutch jacket.
View Quote

Right on. It looks nice. The poster itt said it's not very breathable though, but I think he said he was criss country skiing in it so...it may not be an issue for most people. Coleman's gets some interesting stuff. I bought a 70lb case of trioxane fuel bars off them 15+ years ago for like $50. I have fire starters for life lol.

I got a 6 pack of insulated over pants for ~$20 there years ago. They've come in handy and I've even given some out to folks to go tubing (sled riding) at ski resorts. I always keep a pair in our vehicles too.

I bought another $2 foam thermarest style mat with my order and some $1 unissued surplus suspenders just because lol.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I ordered the Dutch jacket and then tried to do some research to see if they are legit military. No military references but there is a guy selling them on eBay for $49 with a pic of the label. It’s interesting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I ordered the Dutch jacket and then tried to do some research to see if they are legit military. No military references but there is a guy selling them on eBay for $49 with a pic of the label. It's interesting.
View Quote

Interesting. I only suggested it because it looked like something the OP might like. The oldest review on Coleman's for it is from March 2019, so these have been available for almost 4 years now...I'd like to know the story if you ever come across it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone got the German camo gortex pants? They look pretty decent, figured someone on here must have a set
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#49]
SPEAR jackets
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#50]

If I wear this do you have to call me Murdoc?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top