Posted: 4/4/2022 7:28:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope]
Big thanks to DaGoose for consolidating The Files so far:

Originally Posted By DaGoose:
Originally Posted By DaGoose:
Posting all the links again.

THE TWITTER FILES - PART ONE
TWITTER AND THE HUNTER BIDEN LAPTOP STORY

Recounting the internal drama at Twitter surrounding the decision to block access to a New York Post exposé on Hunter Biden in October, 2020.

Key revelations: Twitter blocked the story on the basis of its “hacked materials” policy, but executives internally knew the decision was problematic. “Can we truthfully claim that this is part of the policy?” is how comms official Brandon Borrman put it. Also: when a Twitter contractor polls members of Congress about the decision, they hear Democratic members want more moderation, not less, and “the First Amendment isn’t absolute.”

THE TWITTER FILES - PART ONE SUPPLEMENTAL
THE “EXITING” OF TWITTER DEPUTY GENERAL COUNSEL JIM BAKER

A second round of Twitter Files releases was delayed, as new addition Bari Weiss discovers former FBI General Counsel and Twitter Deputy General Counsel Jim Baker was reviewing the first batches of Twitter Files documents, whose delivery to reporters had slowed.

THE TWITTER FILES - PART TWO
TWITTER’S SECRET BLACKLISTS.

Bari Weiss gives a long-awaited answer to the question, “Was Twitter shadow-banning people?” It did, only the company calls it “visibility filtering.” Twitter also had a separate, higher council called SIP-PES that decided cases for high-visibility, controversial accounts.

Key revelations: Twitter had a huge toolbox for controlling the visibility of any user, including a “Search Blacklist” (for Dan Bongino), a “Trends Blacklist” for Stanford’s Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, and a “Do Not Amplify” setting for conservative activist Charlie Kirk. Weiss quotes a Twitter employee: “Think about visibility filtering as being a way for us to suppress what people see to different levels. It’s a very powerful tool.” With help from @abigailshrier, @shellenbergermd, @nelliebowles, and @isaacgrafstein.

THE TWITTER FILES - PART THREE
THE REMOVAL OF DONALD TRUMP - October 2020 - January 6th

First in a three-part series looking at how Twitter came to the decision to suspend Donald Trump. The idea behind the series is to show how all of Twitter’s “visibility filtering” tools were on display and deployed after January 6th, 2021.

Key Revelations: Trust and Safety chief Yoel Roth not only met regularly with the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, but with the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI). Also, Twitter was aggressively applying “visibility filtering” tools to Trump well before the election.

THE TWITTER FILES - PART FOUR
THE REMOVAL OF DONALD TRUMP - January 7

This thread by Michael Shellenberger looks at the key day after the J6 riots and before Trump would ultimately be banned from Twitter on January 8th, showing how Twitter internally reconfigured its rules to make a Trump ban fit their policies.

Key revelations: at least one Twitter employee worried about a “slippery slope” in which “an online platform CEO with a global presence… can gatekeep speech for the entire world,” only to be shot down. Also, chief censor Roth argues for a ban on congressman Matt Gaetz even though it “doesn’t quite fit anywhere (duh),” and Twitter changed its “public interest policy” to clear a path for Trump’s removal.

THE TWITTER FILES - PART FIVE
THE REMOVAL OF TRUMP FROM TWITTER.

As angry as many inside Twitter were with Donald Trump after the January 6th Capitol riots, staffers struggled to suspend his account, saying things like, “I think we’d have a hard time saying this is incitement.” As documented by Weiss, they found a way to pull the trigger anyway.

Key revelations: there were dissenters in the company (“Maybe because I am from China,” said one employee, “I deeply understand how censorship can destroy the public conversation”), but are overruled by senior executives like Vijaya Gadde and Roth, who noted many on Twitter’s staff were citing the “Banality of Evil,” and comparing those who favored sticking to a strict legalistic interpretation of Twitter’s rules — i.e. keep Trump, who had “no violation” — to “Nazis following orders.”

THE TWITTER FILES - PART SIX
THE FBI SUBSIDIARY

Twitter’s contact with the FBI was “constant and pervasive,” as FBI personnel, mainly in the San Francisco field office, regularly sent lists of “reports” to Twitter, often about Americans with low follower counts making joke tweets. Tweeters on both the left and the right were affected.

Key revelations: A senior Twitter executive reports, “FBI was adamant no impediments to sharing” classified information exist. Twitter also agreed to “bounce” content on the recommendations of a wide array of governmental and quasi-governmental actors, from the FBI to the Homeland Security agency CISA to Stanford’s Election Integrity Project to state governments. The company one day received so many moderation requests from the FBI, an executive congratulated staffers at the end for completing the “monumental undertaking.”

THE TWITTER FILES - PART SEVEN
THE FBI AND TTHE HUNTER BIDEN LAPTOP

The Twitter Files story increases its focus on the company’s relationship to federal law enforcement and intelligence, and shows intense communication between the FBI and Twitter just before the release of the Post’s Hunter Biden story.

Key Revelations: San Francisco agent Elvis Chan “sends 10 documents to Twitter’s then-Head of Site Integrity, Yoel Roth, through Teleporter, a one-way communications channel from the FBI to Twitter,” the evening before the release of the Post story. Also, Baker in an email explains Twitter was compensated for “processing requests” by the FBI, saying “I am happy to report we have collected $3,415,323 since October 2019!”

THE TWITTER FILES - PART EIGHT
TWITTER AND PENTAGON'S COVERT ONLINE PSYOP CAMPAIGN

RELATED ARTICLE
https://theintercept.com/2022/12/20/twitter-dod-us-military-accounts
Lee Fang takes a fascinating detour, looking at how Twitter for years approved and supported Pentagon-backed covert operations. Noting the company explicitly testified to Congress that it didn’t allow such behavior, the platform nonetheless was a clear partner in state-backed programs involving fake accounts.

Key revelations: after the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) sent over a list of 52 Arab-language accounts “we use to amplify certain messages,” Twitter agreed to “whitelist” them. Ultimately the program would be outed in the Washington Post in 2022 — two years after Twitter and other platforms stopped assisting — but contrary to what came out in those reports, Twitter knew about and/or assisted in these programs for at least three years, from 2017-2020.

THE TWITTER FILES
TWITTER AND "OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES"

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/twitter-files-thread-the-spies-who
The Christmas Eve thread (I should have waited a few days to publish!) further details how the channels of communication between the federal government and Twitter operated, and reveals that Twitter directly or indirectly received lists of flagged content from “Other Government Agencies,” i.e. the CIA.

Key revelations: CIA officials attended at least one conference with Twitter in the summer of 2020, and companies like Twitter and Facebook received “OGA briefings,” at their regular “industry” meetings held in conjunction with the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security. The FBI and the “Foreign Influence Task Force” met regularly “not just with Twitter, but with Yahoo!, Twitch, Cloudfare, LinkedIn, even Wikimedia.”

THE TWITTER FILES: HOW TWITTER RIGGED THE COVID DEBATE

David Zweig drills down into how Twitter throttled down information about COVID that was true but perhaps inconvenient for public officials, “discrediting doctors and other experts who disagreed.”

Key Revelations: Zweig found memos from Twitter personnel who’d liaised with Biden administration officials who were “very angry” that Twitter had not deplatformed more accounts. White House officials for instance wanted attention on reporter Alex Berenson. Zweig also found “countless” instances of Twitter banning or labeling “misleading” accounts that were true or merely controversial. A Rhode Island physician named Andrew Bostom, for instance, was suspended for, among other things, referring to the results of a peer-reviewed study on mRNA vaccines.

THE TWITTER FILES: HOW TWITTER LET THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY IN

THE TWITTER FILES: TWITTER AND THE FBI “BELLY BUTTON”

These two threads focus respectively on the second half of 2017, and a period stretching roughly from summer of 2020 through the present. The first describes how Twitter fell under pressure from Congress and the media to produce “material” showing a conspiracy of Russian accounts on their platform, and the second shows how Twitter tried to resist fulfilling moderation requests for the State Department, but ultimately agreed to let State and other agencies send requests through the FBI, which agent Chan calls “the belly button of the USG.” Revelations: at the close of 2017, Twitter makes a key internal decision. Outwardly, the company would claim independence and promise that content would only be removed at “our sole discretion.” The internal guidance says, in writing, that Twitter will remove accounts “identified by the U.S. intelligence community” as “identified by the U.S.. intelligence community as a state-sponsored entity conducting cyber-operations.”

The second thread shows how Twitter took in requests from everyone — Treasury, HHS, NSA, FBI, DHS, etc. — and also received personal requests from politicians like Democratic congressman Adam Schiff, who asked to have journalist Paul Sperry suspended.

THE TWITTER FILES #14 - THE RUSSIAGATE LIES

THE TWITTER FILES #15 - MOVE OVER, JAYSON BLAIR: TWITTER FILES EXPOSE NEXT GREAT MEDIA FRAUD

THE TWITTER FILES #16 - COMIC INTERLUDE: A MEDIA EXPERIMENT

THE TWITTER FILES #17 - NEW KNOWLEDGE, THE GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT CENTER, AND STATE-SPONSORED BLACKLISTS

THE TWITTER FILES #18 - STATEMENT TO CONGRESS THE CENSORSHIP-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX

THE TWITTER FILES #19 - THE GREAT COVID-19 LIE MACHINE STANFORD, THE VIRALITY PROJECT, AND THE CENSORSHIP OF “TRUE STORIES”

THE TWITTER FILES - SUPPLEMENTAL

TWITTER FILES: SUPPLEMENTAL
MORE ADAM SCHIFF BAN REQUESTS, AND "DEAMPLIFICATION"

TWITTER FILES:  HOW THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY LOBBIED SOCIAL MEDIA TO SHAPE CONTENT AROUND VACCINE POLICY

RELATED:

DAVE RUBIN ON SHADOWBANNING

RUBY FILES:  AN INSIDE LOOK AT THE TYPE OF CONTENT TWITTER FLAGGED FOR REVIEW

https://rubymediagroup.com/twitter-artificial-intelligence/

UNDER WHITE HOUSE PRESSURE, FACEBOOK CENSORED ACCURATE COVID VACCINE INFORMATION

https://michaelshellenberger.substack.com/p/under-white-house-pressure-facebook

FROM THE TWITTER FILES: PFIZER BOARD MEMBER SCOTT GOTTLIEB SECRETLY PRESSED TWITTER TO HIDE POSTS CHALLENGING HIS COMPANY'S MASSIVELY PROFITABLE COVID JABS

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/from-the-twitter-files-pfizer-board

HOW THE FBI HACKED TWITTER
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/how-the-fbi-hacked-twitter-lee-smith

MISSOURI AG TALKING ABOUT COLLUSION BETWEEN BIDEN WH AND SOCIAL MEDIA

DHS backed censorship program

US Political Misinfo Twitter Detection AI List

Former Twitter employee shares exclusive details with me on AI, Access to DMs, and more.

Whistleblower Report
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/22186683/twitter-whistleblower-disclosure.pdf

CDC Thread on secret Twitter partner portal

Feds at Facebook

Feds at Google

GLOSSARY OF “TWITTER FILES” TERMS
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

View Quote

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now he wants to buy it!

"Since making my investment I now realize the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form. Twitter needs to be transformed as a private company," Musk said in a letter to Twitter Chairman Bret Taylor.
View Quote

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-offers-buy-twitter-101906337.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re-filed:

Elon Musk refiled the disclosure of his stake in Twitter Inc. to classify himself as an active investor, making the change after taking a seat on the social media company’s board.
View Quote

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/musk-refiles-twitter-disclosure-show-221958940.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tesla CEO Elon Musk is putting his enormous sums of money where his tweets are at.

It was disclosed on Monday that the somewhat unpredictable Musk took a 9.2% stake in Twitter. The stake — valued at close to $3 billion as of Twitter's closing price on Friday — is defined as a passive one.
View Quote

While Musk's stake in Twitter is passive, it could turn on a dime, said Tesla bull and Elon watcher Dan Ives of Wedbush.

"We would expect this passive stake as just the start of broader conversations with the Twitter board/management that could ultimately lead to an active stake and a potential more aggressive ownership role of Twitter," Ives said.
View Quote

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-just-took-a-92-stake-in-twitter-what-may-happen-next-111313363.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/twitter-stock-rockets-after-elon-musk-takes-stake-valued-at-more-than-3-billion-11649070782
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 3:30:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rufflad:
Latest news says that several critical departments at Twitter have no staff at all right now including payroll and finance.

Twitter may not be around long enough to answer the question.
View Quote

That sounds real, I'm sure they can't pay their employees.

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 1Tribe:

View Quote

HaHa

burn bitch

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

View Quote

Well, if they don't have people tending the servers and the software then that will be a secondary point.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Latest news says that several critical departments at Twitter have no staff at all right now including payroll and finance.

View Quote

Welcome to the real world, buttercup.

The national company I work for, shuts down all of HR at 3pm Eastern Time. M-F
Weekends? HA!

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By nophun:

I seriously doubt that they do payroll in house.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nophun:

I seriously doubt that they do payroll in house.

I am sure they have someone who keeps track of it. But that's a minor problem if there is no one who knows how the software works. It will go down, whoever writes the paychecks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
I highly doubt he didn't make sure critical business infrastructure was solid before sending out that email.  If not then he is purposely just destroying the company.  He's not an idiot and though eccentric I doubt he's willing to just throw 40 billion down the drain
View Quote

My guess is that he really didn't calculate how well his ideas would go over with tech workers. In my experience, tech workers don't respond favorably to the kinds of ultimatums he made. And, once you lose the certain core of people who know how the software works, the company is part of the walking dead.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
What does it take for you to realize your news sources are worthless.  In a large enough group there are always bound to be a few that just are not in a good position to just leave there jobs right now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#8]

My guess is that he really didn't calculate how well his ideas would go over with tech workers. In my experience, tech workers don't respond favorably to the kinds of ultimatums he made. And, once you lose the certain core of people who know how the software works, the company is part of the walking dead.
View Quote

Sounds like the people who actually make things work are quite happy with the new management.

It is all the worthless managers and curators doing the fleeing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Yep

That's a BlueAnon psyop piece, at minimum worthy of skepticism
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 4:25:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David0858] [#10]

View All Quotes

I am sure they have someone who keeps track of it. But that's a minor problem if there is no one who knows how the software works. It will go down, whoever writes the paychecks.

You sound concerned. Obviously smarter than Musk and his team.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 4:26:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#11]

Well, if they don't have people tending the servers and the software then that will be a secondary point.
View Quote

Lol.

How long ago did Elon fire you?
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 4:38:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#12]
Originally Posted By David0858:

View All Quotes

Join date, post count, location, concern troll. Greybar now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Yeah that’s the chosen media narrative there, musk is screwing up, too many are leaving, Twitter is doomed etc.

Of course they’ll all forget their claims as soon as they are proven wrong and go back to watching the transgender special of dancing with the scars.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Look at this from the perspective of a business leader who beat NASA and well established car companies.  

You are purchasing a woke propaganda machine.  You need to make sure the servers function and the software can be managed and payroll met to keep the place running.   You plan on firing at least half and you have no idea how many will quit when they aren't able to program society anymore.

My guess is he had his trusted men in all the key functions and made sure they could run it for a little while if everyone quite before the initial 50 percent layoff even happened.  The email was to clean up some trash they missed in the first cut.  

Elon is not an idiot that doesn't realize what this company needs to function.  He had the critical stuff locked down before he started fucking with things.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Fun Story Time:

A distant friend of mine works(ed) for Twitter in Jacksonville. His wife and mine are close friends. He was on a program team, he was going to be head of the team sometime now, but everything froze when Elon bought everything out. Those "you're fired" or "work harder" emails, all the crazy shit the media reported was shockingly true. He got all kinds of messages sent to him, then they tried to do a recall. Finally, he got called and told he was fired from a rando at corporate. He never got a name or department, or who was reporting to who. His team lead was gone. No severance package discussed or exit interview/paperwork. It was like he was fired from burger joint. He started contacting companies interested in him. All of his work credentials and email are locked down at Twitter. The next day, some one else from corporate calls him to see if he would stay onboard. He agrees for $200,000 a year plus his previous benefits as a joke to see if they agree. They say thank you, happy to have you back. Then nothing. At this time, he's doing interviews because this is a circus and wants out, no way he'd thought they actually go for it. Aaaaaand they didn't. They finally called him back saying no, here's an exit package, don't call us, we'll call you.  

He just got accepted Friday to a new position for a different company with about same pay, with better benefits for his family. But it's like a schizophrenic retard is running Twitter. I always liked Elon, but sounds like he's dicked up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By N1Rampage:
Fun Story Time:

A distant friend of mine works(ed) for Twitter in Jacksonville. His wife and mine are close friends. He was on a program team, he was going to be head of the team sometime now, but everything froze when Elon bought everything out. Those "you're fired" or "work harder" emails, all the crazy shit the media reported was shockingly true. He got all kinds of messages sent to him, then they tried to do a recall. Finally, he got called and told he was fired from a rando at corporate. He never got a name or department, or who was reporting to who. His team lead was gone. No severance package discussed or exit interview/paperwork. It was like he was fired from burger joint. He started contacting companies interested in him. All of his work credentials and email are locked down at Twitter. The next day, some one else from corporate calls him to see if he would stay onboard. He agrees for $200,000 a year plus his previous benefits as a joke to see if they agree. They say thank you, happy to have you back. Then nothing. At this time, he's doing interviews because this is a circus and wants out, no way he'd thought they actually go for it. Aaaaaand they didn't. They finally called him back saying no, here's an exit package, don't call us, we'll call you.  

He just got accepted Friday to a new position for a different company with about same pay, with better benefits for his family. But it's like a schizophrenic retard is running Twitter. I always liked Elon, but sounds like he's dicked up.
View Quote

His company his rules.  There are no shareholders to fuck over, so have at it. I suspect Twitter will roll on regardless.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

Yet they will claim a glass ceiling and sexism for why there aren't more female engineers at Twitter now.  It takes a specific mindset and attitude to code and most women do not find it enjoyable the way men do.
View Quote

Exactly. I am sure he has ZFG about race and/or sex as long as you have a good work ethic.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

LOL, the hand wringing and tooth sucking is at peak levels.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Rugerlvr:
His company his rules.  There are no shareholders to fuck over, so have at it. I suspect Twitter will roll on regardless.
View Quote

I saw some people complaining about the people at Twitter being fired because Elon doesn't like them. Well, guess what - rule #1 of working for a private company is "don't piss off the owner".

I have a feeling those people have only ever worked for mega-globo-corps, and have no idea what it is like to actually work for a smaller private company.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Exactly. I am sure he has ZFG about race and/or sex as long as you have a good work ethic.
View Quote

He can't be racist, he's African-American!

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Walkure:

I saw some people complaining about the people at Twitter being fired because Elon doesn't like them. Well, guess what - rule #1 of working for a private company is "don't piss off the owner".

I have a feeling those people have only ever worked for mega-globo-corps, and have no idea what it is like to actually work for a smaller private company.
View Quote
Welcome to the real world where competency and value to a business owner matter lol
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
I highly doubt he didn't make sure critical business infrastructure was solid before sending out that email.  If not then he is purposely just destroying the company.  He's not an idiot and though eccentric I doubt he's willing to just throw 40 billion down the drain

Everyone is replaceable.  What people don't ask is "at what cost?".  It might require a dozen of the best Tesla engineers to be pulled over for 6 months to put band-aids on and keep things running.  That said I have yet to see a company collapse because the good technical people left.  I've seen them turn into terrible companies, typically because bad people took over management, but I haven't seen them fail for technical reasons.  Everyone is replaceable and work arounds can be put in place.

If people have integrity, like their work, and feel respect they will stay at a company even if they have to work harder.  Elon isn't disrespecting anyone, he is simply demanding more from them  The weak players never contributed much to the company to begin with.  The former employees talking about how the most important thing was their community with the other employees.  That shows they didn't care about the product and were just enjoying their friends.    Imagine Arfcom was twitter and all the members here are employees.  If Arfcom got shutdown we go somewhere else and talk about how great the Arfcom community was.  We as members don't accomplish anything other than shitposting and entertaining each other.  We aren't doing any work on the software or for the business.  That is what most Twitter employees were, fluff that liked to hang around each other but easily replaceable.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

I would make it company policy that anyone who uses the word tweeps be immediately fired.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Obo2:
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhzcfafaMAIyAc9?format=jpg&name=smallhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhzcfceagAAfsHP?format=jpg&name=small

I would make it company policy that anyone who uses the word tweeps be immediately fired.

... From a cannon.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

Lol. “News”. Sources say…

Next you’ll post “Twitter insiders say…”
View All Quotes

Lol. “News”. Sources say…

Next you’ll post “Twitter insiders say…”

Lol, no shit.

"Unnamed twitter insider latest news sources say..."
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#26]
On the subject of twitter+trump+elon, I think elon sees the numbers.  That 1 poll already has over 14M votes.  Thats some fucking user interaction right there.  How many ad views and ad clicks did the tweet generate?
Elon's a business man, right now trying to make twitter actually earn money.  Trumperor, orange man, mean tweet guy.  The motherfucker brings traffic.  Elon will reinstate trump no matter how the poll goes, cause dat ad revenue.

Trump is the Heel like in wrestling.  He's the "rule breaker".  Some people tune in to watch him win.  Some people tune in to watch him lose.  All that matters to the production company is that the heel drives ticket sales.  
Trump speaks his mind.  He's doesn't have a bigass team of millennial tweet writers doing it for him.  He's not politically correct.  Every single tweet he makes will get millions of views and drive tons of user engagement, both from the supporters and from the haters.

If you could add it all up, I'd bet letting trump back on to mean-tweet would single-handedly bring in $5-10M in ad money a year for twitter.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Meanwhile at CBS News...

Meanwhile at CBS News....??????
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Watching the video I think he almost forgot what his social media platform was called.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Hahaha... I guess they'll have to beg him.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Wouldn't be the first time we've seen trump pretend to not be interested in something until it was a sure thing.

Trump needs the exposure.  He's running for political office.  Twitter would be an invaluable tool to speak to tens of millions of potential voters, for free.  Compared to truth social where he can reach dozens on a good day.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:23:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#32]

View Quote

*Latest news*, huh?

Boy, I’ll bet someone applying a bit of critical thought would never come to the conclusion that Musk has employees with those skillsets at his other companies that could be laterally transferred over, even for just a short time, to fulfill those functions.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Think about this…

The left and MSM are absolutely losing their mind over musk owning Twitter. It’s almost like the greatest propaganda tool in history is now in private hands.

It’s barely been 3 weeks. It’s almost like the media and head communists at Twitter were colluding to influence opinion?  Nah, that’s just right wing conspiracy.

This is a huge fucking deal. The propaganda arm is no longer owned by the state.

Why do commies use propaganda?  Because it works, reliably, through all history. It works.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Boomer:

*Latest news*, huh?

Boy, I’ll bet someone applying a bit of critical thought would never come to the conclusion that Musk has employees with those skillsets at his other companies that could be laterally transferred over, even for just a short time, to fulfill those functions.
View Quote

Yeah, that's not exactly how it works with complicated software. You can have all the skillsets in the world and you still won't know how it was built or how to keep it running. Furthermore, one easy mistake can often bring the whole system down.

I have seen companies lose their main staff before. It often results in scrapping the project and starting over.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TheRiddleOfSteel:

View All Quotes

Why do that?

Trump needs Twitter, but Twitter doesn't need Trump.

Just unlock his account, let him know, and watch him come slinking back in once the media has died down a bit.

That, or he'll make a big show of it and just claim the whole thing was his idea.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By N1Rampage:
Fun Story Time:

View Quote

200k is seriously low for a twitter team lead,  unless they adjust for location that heavily.  I've had friends making over double that in those roles. I call BS
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Yeah, that's not exactly how it works with complicated software. You can have all the skillsets in the world and you still won't know how it was built or how to keep it running. Furthermore, one easy mistake can often bring the whole system down.

I have seen companies lose their main staff before. It often results in scrapping the project and starting over.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boomer:

*Latest news*, huh?

Or, maybe they're using something extremely common like SAP for their payroll, rather than some proprietary custom program of infinite complexity...
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

He said payroll and finance.  
You dont need to bring over rocket scientists from spacex to figure out how to clicka button in quickbooks to make sure every gets the same salary payment as last month.

And finance?  The company just got bought. by 1 dude.  There's no stocks, no board of directors.  You need a couple nerds with green visors and one of those adding machines and they'll have finance taken care of over the weekend.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

My God.................

Without payroll and finance Twitter will surely just vanish, they are probably hitting the OFF switches right now.

If only there were people that knew how to do those tasks that Elon could hire to replace those that left.

I guess he better just close the doors.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Think about this…

The left and MSM are absolutely losing their mind over musk owning Twitter. It’s almost like the greatest propaganda tool in history is now in private hands.

It’s barely been 3 weeks. It’s almost like the media and head communists at Twitter were colluding to influence opinion?  Nah, that’s just right wing conspiracy.

This is a huge fucking deal. The propaganda arm is no longer owned by the state.

Why do commies use propaganda?  Because it works, reliably, through all history. It works.
View Quote

They have literally bragged about using Twitter as propaganda. It's no secret except to morons what has been going on there for a long time.

After Trump was elected they even publicly talked about how they were going to control internet narratives, fight memes, fight people pulling up older news stories and comparing them to new , and everything else.

They even talked about working with internet caching sites to stop people from using the media against the current narrative.

They worked out a system of contacts to make it easier to edit past news to fit the current narrative.

The left isn't stupid, they're not incompetent. They're just evil and see all the lies and other shit people complain about as them getting their way in the nicest way possible. They're not wrong, they'd do so much worse lying and everything else is minor.

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Musk don't care one way or the other. He can play this poll a dozen different ways and the all are net plus for Team Musk/Twitter.

Trump will poke his head in soon enough.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By PJF:

My God.................

Without payroll and finance Twitter will surely just vanish, they are probably hitting the OFF switches right now.

If only there were people that knew how to do those tasks that Elon could hire to replace those that left.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PJF:

My God.................

Dude, it doesn’t work like that.

Those Tweeps were THE ONLY PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE WORLD WHO COULD RUN THOSE DEPARTMENTS!!!!

They are IRREPLACEABLE!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:59:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Timeflies] [#46]

View All Quotes

Stands out like an erection from papaya juice.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

So you don’t think they use an off the shelf system like Peoplesoft?  I’ll betcha they do.  This isn’t rocket science.  However they do that too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Think about this…

View Quote

And we have to remember what about propaganda works. It isn't about making people believe the lie you are telling. It's about making believe that everyone else believes the lie you are telling and that they are completely alone.

Which is why things kept getting worse and worse until first talk radio, and then the internet came on the scene. And why the enemy has been so set of trying to push the internet genie back into the bottle.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I guess it is a good thing that reimplementing twitter is an almost trivial task for a competent developer then?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 271
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 1 of 271)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top