Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2008 9:55:53 AM EDT
Wife and I spent Christmas night at her parents house in Tampa.

There were fireworks going off all over the neighborhood until at least midnight.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#1]
when you moved to america...what kind of dumb question is this?
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Because there is nothing more fun than lighting twenty dollars and watching it explode. You're into guns, you should know how fun the money to noise conversion is.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't recall fireworks during Christmas growing up, now it seems to becoming a regular thing.

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall fireworks during Christmas growing up, now it seems to becoming a regular thing.

it was a joke dude...
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Fireworks are always fun.

why do you care when other people use them?
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did I say I care?

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#7]
when it became my job to pick up the mess they made
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#8]
We have a lot of Japanese guys in town for a big project my company is doing for a Japanese car maker.

One of our engineers asked them if they were planning to celebrate over the Christmas/New-Years holiday by drinking sake and shooting fireworks.  Mr. Suave, there.

They said no, they would be praying and going to temple.

I didn't even know the Japanese were Jewish.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I cleaned up a large fireworks mess at my public shooting range (down at the river) on the 26th.

I usually just have to pick up boxes.

I always pick up the brass
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I say I care?

My bad.

The post made it seem like it bothered you
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
As long as they celebrate the holiday, who gives a shit? (not implying the OP does)

The celebration of Christmas has evolved over the years. If it now includes fireworks, more power to them.

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We have a lot of Japanese guys in town for a big project my company is doing for a Japanese car maker.

One of our engineers asked them if they were planning to celebrate over the Christmas/New-Years holiday by drinking sake and shooting fireworks.  Mr. Suave, there.

They said no, they would be praying and going to temple.

I didn't even know the Japanese were Jewish.  Go figure.

i lol'd.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Pagans.  Think the world is ending because the days are getting shorter.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I am not very religious, but I guess Easter and Mothers Day will be a fireworks day soon too.

Time to invest in a fireworks retailer.

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not very religious, but I guess Easter and Mothers Day will be a fireworks day soon too.

You gonna howl at every full moon?
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You gonna howl at every full moon?

No, I know from your posts you are religious, I respect that.

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same over here…

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#18]
When I lived in Tampa I had a neighbor that would dump his mortgage payment into fireworks a couple of times a year.

I usually ran the sprinklers a couple of hours beforehand just to keep from going up in smoke.

I think the last time he did this he & his wife ended up on Judge Judy.  Apparently their rockets shot across the back yards into the screened patio of a neighbor and scared the shit out of the wife & her little doggie.

Funniest Judge Judy I've ever been forced to watch.  And yes, he lost the case  
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When I lived in Tampa I had a neighbor that would dump his mortgage payment into fireworks a couple of times a year.

I usually ran the sprinklers a couple of hours beforehand just to keep from going up in smoke.

I think the last time he did this he & his wife ended up on Judge Judy.  Apparently their rockets shot across the back yards into the screened patio of a neighbor and scared the shit out of the wife & her little doggie.

Funniest Judge Judy I've ever been forced to watch.  And yes, he lost the case  

I remember that episode, FIL watches the judge shows all afternoon when we are there.

Top Top