Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2001 10:14:43 PM EDT
First, it's a wonderful site, you do a wonderful job, you're a wonderful guy, and all that usual stuff. [:D]

But:

One tiny little thing could be improved, I think.  If the cookies for "last time visited" could be for each individual board, rather than one global one for everything?

Reasoning:  I don't necessarily hit the BIY board every time that I read the GD board.  In fact, I've been lazy lately and sometimes have skipped the BIY board for days at a time (to my detriment -- I could've called TapCo on Friday if I'd read the board Thursday night).  So, if the cookie is global to all boards (the current situation), I lose track of what I haven't seen on the BIY board if I look at the GD board.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking about the same thing today.
How about it GB??

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Saving a value per forum is a bit much... the overhead on 15k people and 20 forums is rough...

]=)
View Quote

??  Are you storing the data at AR15.com?  I thought these were just browser cookies.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the cookies translate code retained by  the server as to which threads were active when you last visited.

The cookie puts the info on your computer- the AR15.com servers make the code translations which give you the little "Pink" folders for new threads.

Plus, AR15.com is a government institution, meant to compile dossiers on gun owners.

Don't lie Cleatus [:p]
We all know it's true [:D]
Top Top