Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 7:05:18 PM EDT
What's best to use? I've got a rectangular section that is filled with all kinds and sizes of plants that I need to get rid of at least somewhat permanently.

I'd like to take the old fashion Roman way of sowing salt, but I think the city might not like that...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Be sure that you want it all dead because this will surely do it.
I use it about once a year in rock bed around the outside AC units/pads.  NOTHING grows there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Lockedon there is a generic round up available now that is about 1/4 the price of round up and it works just as well.  You can also use Landmaster mixed with 2% liquid fertilizer for a good long term kill.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
agent orange...........best defoliant there is, and the only sure fire way to get rid of it
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure if it's still available or not but when I was running my own Lawn Maintenance/Landscape business and laying down a rock lawn I treated the ground with a product called Trioxin.  Ground treated with that chemical cocktail was rendered sterile and incapable of supporting plant life for a minimum of 10 years.

For a less lengthy effect I used RoundUp and treated the ground with Surflan annualy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Flame Thrower....no really...!!

Besides it could have some tactical uses...

www.flameengineering.com/Weed_Dragon.html

There's some bigger ones available on the page.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/265900_front200.jpg

Be sure that you want it all dead because this will surely do it.
I use it about once a year in rock bed around the outside AC units/pads.  NOTHING grows there.

+1  I used that near where i was preparing to build a fence a few weeks ago, and it killed absolutely everything.  It even accidentally killed some of my neighbors shrubs. (oops)  she didnt notice though
Top Top