Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2013 5:44:44 PM EDT
With all the fan boys here I decided to give it a try. It has an odd isopropyl type aftertaste. I honestly don't see the appeal of this stuff. I do however LOVE their rye. It is one of my favorites, in a Manhattan or on the rocks. This bourbon though, can suck it! That is all.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the Rye as well...
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Its good bourbon but nothing special. To me its a bit dry.  I've been really into Evan Williams single barrel lately.  Evan Williams never really came to mind when I thought about good booze but I'm loving the single barrel.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I like their bourbon but not their rye.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I like it for the standard they also have some special 10 year that is out now.  If any of the bourbon guys come in here , please tell me where yall get your more pricey and hard to get bourbon from? I am considering trying a bunch of different types but cant find a good way to get it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I've only ever had their rye, which is, right now, my favorite non-scotch whiskey.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I was gonna grab a bottle of their rye to make sazeracs with the other night. I chickened out....not feeling experimental.

So I just grabbed a bottle of Gentleman Jack.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a fan either. There are much better bourbons out there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was gonna grab a bottle of their rye to make sazeracs with the other night. I chickened out....not feeling experimental.

View Quote

You should really expand your whiskey horizons.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Never tried it but would like to.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like it for the standard they also have some special 10 year that is out now.  If any of the bourbon guys come in here , please tell me where yall get your more pricey and hard to get bourbon from? I am considering trying a bunch of different types but cant find a good way to get it.
View Quote

Have you looked into Frugal  McDougall's in Rock Hill off of I-77 last time I was in there I was awed by there selection.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Try Sazerac Rye or Templeton - both very good.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I've tried just about every bourbon out there at one time or another. It's always a contest between cost and taste, and is admittedly subjective.

FOR THE MONEY, I think "Old Ezra" 101 proof from Ezra Brooks is outstanding.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#13]
i like it, among others... for mid-shelf shit it ain't to bad...

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#14]
For what it is, its real good. It and Wild Turkey 101 are my favorite mid-level bourbon's.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
With all the fan boys here I decided to give it a try. It has an odd isopropyl type aftertaste. I honestly don't see the appeal of this stuff. I do however LOVE their rye. It is one of my favorites, in a Manhattan or on the rocks. This bourbon though, can suck it! That is all.
View Quote

I like the Bulleit Rye as well and a well made occaisional Manhattan is good as well.
But I like the Bulleit Rye with a little crushed ice (like half a cube).
Delicious

Never tried their bourbon
Top Top