Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#1]
This drill also could be helpful.

[url]http://www.sportshooter.com/cof_library/cofs/hard_rack.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Those of you worried about running out of rounds with a 7+1 or 8+1 1911 vs having plenty with a Glock/Sig/etc. Have you thought of this, it's gonna require 4-5 seconds minimum to dump 15 decently aimed rounds IF YOU'RE GOOD...are you REALLY going to stand still for 4-5 seconds of gun fight? I'd suggest you may want to consider getting those feet moving after you fire the first 2-3 rounds and head to cover. (or even better, get to cover first)Frankly if I've run dry before I get to cover, that's a good clue that it's time to MOVE. More than likely if the BG's are still combative at this point, and I'm not behind cover, I've taken a couple of hits myself.

FWIW, it's always a GOOD thing to carry the best combat weapon you can manage to conceal, I carry my 342 only when it's very awkward to carry my Springfield Compact. 1st rule: Always have a gun (Hobbits second rule: Always carry the best gun you can conceal) Just my .02
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#3]
OK ikor,

Here I am... I am perfectly happy with my single stack .380.  I have never needed to use it, but I can shoot it very accurately.   FWIW, I figure that if I need more than 3 or 4 shots, the situation is probably beyond my ability to control.  I'll accept those odds.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Those of you worried about running out of rounds with a 7+1 or 8+1 1911 vs having plenty with a Glock/Sig/etc. Have you thought of this, it's gonna require 4-5 seconds minimum to dump 15 decently aimed rounds IF YOU'RE GOOD...are you REALLY going to stand still for 4-5 seconds of gun fight? I'd suggest you may want to consider getting those feet moving after you fire the first 2-3 rounds and head to cover. (or even better, get to cover first)Frankly if I've run dry before I get to cover, that's a good clue that it's time to MOVE. More than likely if the BG's are still combative at this point, and I'm not behind cover, I've taken a couple of hits myself.

snip
View Quote

Funny you mention this...In a movie I saw (Texas Rangers I think) a character was advised to hold his ground and focus on hitting the bg.  They said the bg would expect you to run, not to stand and fight-I don't think standing still is too brite myself...I could be wrong.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top