Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 10:40:27 AM EDT
Anyone ever seen this movie?? I saw it when I was a kid, and just happened to catch the last 45 min on TNT.
I really liked the movie.
Any opinions?
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember it was a romp

I tried to find it at the video store a couple months ago, no luck.

I looked it up at Amazon and it is currently out of print.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I vaguely remember it. Is it the one with Mel Gibson ???
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I vaguely remember it. Is it the one with Mel Gibson ???
View Quote

Yep he is in it
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah... Mel was in that.  It had a big impact on me, I saw it first as a kid.  It was on TNT or the like a few months back, and I got to watch it start to finish.  Love those silencers!  A lot of dead bad guys in that movie!  

I remember the part of them killing one of theri own when he got hit in the knee blew me away when I was younger.... I could not believe they would do that!

Seems like they never ran out of ammo....

So, what kind of guns were those?  This came up on the boards a long time ago, but I cant remember.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]
It was on cable about 5-6 months ago, I believe. Australian commandos in WWII, if I recall. I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but I remember a scene where they arrive in-country and one of them gets wounded. Gibson and the others go on and the wounded guy stays back with a teammate. He has a smoke, and is then shot dead by his 'mate, who rejoins the rest of the squad, and they proceed with their mission. Harsh.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah... Mel was in that.  It had a big impact on me, I saw it first as a kid.  It was on TNT or the like a few months back, and I got to watch it start to finish.  Love those silencers!  A lot of dead bad guys in that movie!  

I remember the part of them killing one of theri own when he got hit in the knee blew me away when I was younger.... I could not believe they would do that!

Seems like they never ran out of ammo....

So, what kind of guns were those?  This came up on the boards a long time ago, but I cant remember.
View Quote

They were using the suppressed version of the M3 Grease Gun. Cant remember if they were called M3A2 or were just a 'E' suffex- since any grease gun can become a suppressed version just by changing the barrel, and that screws out real easy, I suppose the answer is moot.

But even then I do remember being suprised that it wasnt a MkIIS or VS Sten.  A .45in Grease Gun made a much better suppressed weapon than the 9mm Sten but still.  I wonder how accurate that was, Aussies using US equipment I mean?
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The movie was on LAST NIGHT on HBO.  Good flick with supressed grease guns.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet movie.  I saw it many times when I was younger (in the 80s).  Just saw it again a year or so ago.  The squad was made up of guys from different allied nations.  Australia, Denmark, Holland, and Britain were all represented I believe.  

Those were in fact supressed M3 "grease guns"

Now I have to watch it again.  I cant wait...

JRB  

Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I watched it last night but I thought they were using Sterlings?
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 2:31:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#11]
This was on Thursday afternoon.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JRB L1A1:
Sweet movie.  I saw it many times when I was younger (in the 80s).  Just saw it again a year or so ago.  The squad was made up of guys from different allied nations.  Australia, Denmark, Holland, and Britain were all represented I believe.  

Those were in fact supressed M3 "grease guns"

Now I have to watch it again.  I cant wait...

JRB  

View Quote

Denmark???

Austrailia, New Zealand, Neatherlands, Britain all had colonies there in the Pacific but Denmark??
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I know the team was made up of Dutch, British , and Aussie members.  I must have has a brainfart as I was typing my first post.  Isnt everyone allowed one brainfart per thread?  Denmark perhaps was not represented, I'll have to watch it again to be sure.  Darn

JRB
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#14]
The actor in the middle of the pic, is he also in Jurassic Park?  He looks damned familiar.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#15]
timh70, yup. A check of IMDB shows Sam Neil (dino-doc from JP 1 and 3) is in AFZ. Good eye. I thought he looked familiar as well, but I watched JP3 yesterday so he was fresh in my mind.

On a side note, did it piss anyone else off that they set up the "20mm cannon" (ala shoulder mounted Barrett M82 .50 cal) and then they NEVER use it against a dino?? Christ, "Bambi" had more gun use than JP3. LAter.
Top Top