Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2001 11:44:27 AM EDT
...and see if you can guess the cause of this mishap.  Doing a little load testing this weekend, and midway through a string, suddenly the trigger won't pull through and release the hammer.  I ejected the cartridge and opened the reciever and noticed the hammer caught on the disconnector.  WTF, I've been using this rifle hard for six months, and I personally set up the trigger as per Derrick Martin.  What's wrong?  Hint:  in this case it had nothing to do with the trigger assembly components themselves or their assembly.

the shooter [sniper]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Guess 1: You also found a used primer lodged in the mechanism.

Guess 2: You found some other chunk of brass from a cartridge lodged in the mechanism.

Link Posted: 9/10/2001 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Guess 3: Broken hammer spring ?

Guess 4: Detent pin for safety broke, and safety lever moved ?
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Guess 1: You also found a used primer lodged in the mechanism.

Guess 2: You found some other chunk of brass from a cartridge lodged in the mechanism.

View Quote

Congrats, Gus, you've obviously been there and done that.  It was the primer.  I blew that thing out two whole weeks ago, really learned a valuable lesson there.  I was perplexed as hell, and the worst part was needing to pull the grip to free the thing, I couldn't even lift the trigger out when I pulled the pivot pin - it was lodged under the tail of the trigger against the grip screw.  I'll be adding a T-handle hex wrench to my range bag as well as clearing the action housing next time I have a blowout.  Lesson learned, on to the next humbling experience with Mr. Murphy.

shooter

Top Top