Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2001 4:18:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure, but I think my guy in Va gets charged a few dollars for something.  Not sure if it is NICS or something else.  I'll ask next time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I know several dealers who charge $10-$45 for a transfer fee, but no NICS charges.  Are you sure the guy isn't charging a transfer fee that the buyer had sent to the dealer to handle the out of state transfer for him?
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My recollection, which is sometimes foggy, is that in Virginia the state police charges a dealer a $2 fee for the required record check on each firearms purchaser.  I assume this check includes an NCIC query.  

Dealers quite naturally pass this cost on to the purchaser.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess it depends on your state. When I was in CA the dealer charged a DROS fee that the state charges them along with a tfr fee if you did not buy a gun thru them. If you did it would only be the DROS fee.

Here in TX I've only paid $15 for any tfrs. BTW here's a shameless plug for my FFL [url]http://www.independencearms.com/[/url] If you're in the No Dallas area, Randy is the inexpensive way to got. Very prompt at sending his FFL out to where you need it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Dealers are not charged for NICS
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
1gunrunner is right. There is no NICS charges. But there are state check systems, and the dealer might be charged for that. here in pa, dealers are charged $2 for PICS, and then a $3 tax on the gun.
Top Top