Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2001 2:07:48 AM EDT
I just started reading again after a vacation.  The last few days, at least, the site has once again been causing Netscape (4.7, running on Win95OSR2) to blow up.  Viewing threads is slow again -- the browser locks up for several seconds while it loads the data -- and the main page takes a few seconds, too.

Nowhere nearly as bad as it used to be, but not as good as it was a month or so ago either. :(

With the April version of the site, it seemed to be something with the JavaScript.  I don't have anything narrowed down yet this time.  Crashes are a lot less frequent than the April site, but more than they were after that stuff got fixed. . . .

Sigh.  What if I switched to Linux -- is the site penguin-friendly??  (I don't see any penguin smileys.  Not a good sign.)
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]
yes, it's VERY SLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. but only when i'm logged in, when i'm just lurking as a guest it's fine. i'm running netscape 6.0 in win95.

otherwise, very nice site, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top