Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2020 9:37:54 PM EDT
I've run into this a couple of times now in the last week or two. I select the file I want to upload and hit upload, only to have nothing happen. An hour or two later things seem to work again.  It's not working for me right now.

Is it user error or what.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Zero issues on my end currently.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
So in firefox and brave, nothing appears to happen when I hit upload.

I just tried in ie explorer and got this:
Error #-200: HTTP Error.

@goatboy
@Aimless
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
tested some more tonight and it appears that one image was the one I was struggling to get to work but both of these are working just fine:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
My photos are all uploading sideways from the iPhone now.

When I rotate the photos on the phone to overcome that, the photos magically upload in the orientation they are on my phone. Sideways.

I have a number of useless sideways photos in my albums, and I can’t delete them from mobile.  It’s almost comical.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My photos are all uploading sideways from the iPhone now.

When I rotate the photos on the phone to overcome that, the photos magically upload in the orientation they are on my phone. Sideways.

I have a number of useless sideways photos in my albums, and I can’t delete them from mobile.  It’s almost comical.
View Quote

Me too. Never had issues before but now almost every picture I upload that is in a verticle orientation uploads sideways. All of my horizontal pics load fine. Drives me crazy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Our uploader is pretty straight forward. It takes the image stream and saves it to a file. It all depends on how your phone actually stores the image and what is just a display note.

If you are a Gold/Plat user and you upload to your media album, go to your images, click on EDIT icon under the image, and you can click to rotate 90 degress clockwise or counter and then save the image again. It will create a new copy of the image in your album. (New copy of it!)

As to attaching images. They upload as they are fed to the uploader. I'll see what we can do and if we can get orientation adjustment notes from mobile devices to adjust images on upload.
View Quote

Its gotta be an update for android that broke the orientation indicator in the exif data on the images.. ive noticed that when I connect my phone to my computer and look at the image folder on my phone a majority of the thumbnails are not lined up with the photo orientation as well(seems to be vertical ones, but have not verified).

Its confused!

My current fix is to just auto adjust the image(color/contrast/brightness) on the phone and the saved adjusted photos upload properly.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We have been looking at the changes to phones. Basically the way they share their EXIF info changed, so we can compensate for it. We're working on something to handle this, so hopefully in the next few days we'll be done. No promises on the time, maybe next week? Either way, we're working on it!
View Quote

I thought I was going crazy, thanks for this.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OK we have a working fix in place. For whatever reason the current version of Edge does not want to allow us work magic, but we are going to go ahead with the fix anyhow.

It will require the servers to be restarted which means a small burp in the site being accessible. Since it's relatively minor, I doubt I'll make an announcement. The fix however is scheduled because of this. So it will happen Thursday June 11th as quickly as we can. I imagine roughly before noon we should be done, depending on how complicated things get and how smooth they go.

View Quote

Awesome!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#14]
All pics i posted today were either sideways or upside down, posting from ipad air 2

Case in point , below..WTF ?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Pics are still rotating?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Me too. Never had issues before but now almost every picture I upload that is in a verticle orientation uploads sideways. All of my horizontal pics load fine. Drives me crazy.
View Quote
Same here. Driving me nuts and really freaking annoying
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I keep getting the same message for every image I try to upload but if I refresh the page the image was added to my media.

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@goatboy
@Aimless
View Quote

I’m getting this error consistently on some pics, while others work fine. Maybe size related?  Pics from my game cam get the error every time.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#21]
A couple days ago I couldn't upload gifs that actually worked and now I'm not able to upload any photographs at all.

I'm using opera on Android 10.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 12:01:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I get to the point to hit the upload button (after choosing the image) and nothing happens.  

No error code.  It's just like the button is not responding.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Gif upload from reply screen still isn't working. I'll have to figure the shortcut to my album since I post 99% from my phone.  

This was a gif saved from ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 1:29:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 1:39:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Gif uploads only work as animations when uploaded from the media album page

https://www.ar15.com/member/albums.html

uploaded from the click here pop up:

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Gif uploads only work as animations when uploaded from the media album page

https://www.ar15.com/member/albums.html
View Quote

That's the URL I forgot.  I set a desktop shortcut on my phone until the issue is fixed.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I am still having issues with uploading a animated gif as my avatar I set it to the right size 250x125 30kb and it tells me the size of the photo is too large but once it does upload the avatar the photo does not animate.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I get to the point to hit the upload button (after choosing the image) and nothing happens.  

View Quote

I have had the same problem for the last three or four days. I last posted a picture from my phone on 10/10 and it worked fine. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Upload from the inline button works most of the time, when it fails out, I jump to the albums book mark and that UI works everytime
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have had the same problem for the last three or four days. I last posted a picture from my phone on 10/10 and it worked fine. Any ideas?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the same issue I am having on the mobile version. I can select the file but it is like the upload button is busted. Can't upload any photos to EE adds.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, at least I know it's not just me. I was getting pretty frustrated. Hopefully someone knows how to fix it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Why should I have to screw around with that when it work for a bronze membership?  Part of a paying for membership is the ability to upload pictures direct to a post.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why should I have to screw around with that when it work for a bronze membership?  Part of a paying for membership is the ability to upload pictures direct to a post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Because it's a simple step that allows you to put photos in your ad now.

Or just wait
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Because it's a simple step that allows you to put photos in your ad now.

Or just wait
View Quote

It doesn't work for a bronze membership. We don't have e access to the media server. You do understand that?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Inline upload is working fine today

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Still not working for me. I just tried it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It doesn't work for a bronze membership. We don't have e access to the media server. You do understand that?
View Quote

I thought everyone had access.  I guess I never was bronze
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Not having access to the mediaserver sucks

unless you bookmark a post with your favorite image, you end up reuploading the same image over and over again

then when your quota of stored images is full,

how the hell are you supposed to delete 87 images of aimless on a tricycle dragging a case of spam?

another PIA with the media server is as you upload content, images on page 1 become the images on page 2.

pretty soon the meme of DK wearing a dickbutt sweat shirt is back on page 87

sure you can make folders and spend hours moving stuff into named directories

but sweet georgia brown

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep still dead on the mobile when using firefox.  Desktop works though.

Quoted:

View Quote

Hey look we can't all be 6 foot tall, drive tricked out f350, marry a blond supermodel and be gold or silver members of arfcom!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Hey look we can't all be 6 foot tall, drive tricked out f350, marry a blond supermodel and be gold or silver members of arfcom!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not that short

I only have a ½ ton with vinal seats

My wife is blonde & 5'11"
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#45]
I've had some issues over the last few weeks.  I have to exit the uploader and try again - sometimes several times.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:56:44 AM EDT
[#46]
I still can't get it to work in Firefox. I downloaded Brave today and it works fine.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Firefox desktop worked fine several days ago but the mobile is still busted. I have a bunch of stuff I want to unload in the EE but until the photo upload is fixed I won't. Too much of a pain to take a picture with a phone and email all of them to myself. And I will not be known as a lazy slacker with an EE add with no pic!
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#49]
My Firefox on new Android not uploading.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top