Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2015 6:49:51 PM EDT
Is there any way to turn off the display of images within threads? I checked in user prefs and didn't see anything. I generally find this site's design to be godawful. I can't turn images off in my browser because the "submit" button has no alt text, so it disappears with images turned off (yes, this is godawful design). And users routinely post ginormous numbers of images in threads. And the "new post" page loads the entire page and all its images, so turning on images while making a new post, then turning them off afterward won't work. Really a perfect storm of horrible site design for folks like me, on dialup connections. I like the discussion here, obviously, or I wouldn't be trying to figure out how to make the godawful design work for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
AdBlock Plus. Free.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AdBlock Plus. Free.
View Quote

I have it installed and use it regularly. It's a bit tedious to use it on dozens of images in a page (I just did this when somebody posted a bunch of silly Kumbayah pictures in the Baltimore riots thread).
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Adjust the filter to block all images from ar15.com/forums/

There are also things such as Greasemonkey.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll give that a try. I was assuming that many/most were directly from source, didn't actually check. Thx.

Edit: yeah, that's not going to help much. Most images seem to be linked via urls from external sources.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top