Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 7:19:58 PM EDT
In hopes of clearing "My Active Topics" of all the threads that never go away.

Tonight, my membership totally quit and I re-uped. To my chagrine, all those topics were still there.

Can ANYTHING be done about that?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
If anything, should be an option on "Edit Profile" at www.ar15.com/member/register.html as an additional user preference
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They die out on their own.

Kinda? Sorta? Not really?

For example, I have a Legal-Transers  RRA parts for sale thread that I have had in My Active Topics since...well, the thread was begun in 2002, and my post in it dates from 2003.... so.....

You're wrong?

I suppose this thread will reach locking status by the year 2012 or so.....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For example, I have a Legal-Transers  RRA parts for sale thread that I have had in My Active Topics since...well, the thread was begun in 2002, and my post in it dates from 2003.... so.....

You're wrong?

heh, serves ya right you tag slut
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're wrong?

heh, serves ya right you tag slut

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're wrong?

you could either: A) not post in dealer ads (which by nature, get bumped by the author to keep them alive

or B) encourage many others to post in them, thus putting them at 40 pages and effectively killing them. When the dealer starts a new thread, don't tag it, but rather, subscribe to it. You can cancel subscriptions at any time.

to remind yourself to think before posting, click here:
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're wrong?

you could either: A) not post in dealer ads (which by nature, get bumped by the author to keep them alive

or B) encourage many others to post in them, thus putting them at 40 pages and effectively killing them. When the dealer starts a new thread, don't tag it, but rather, subscribe to it. You can cancel subscriptions at any time.

to remind yourself to think before posting, click here:

Well no shit guys. But this isn't one of those things you consider when you 1st become a member of a site like this is it? I mean, geez.

Waht about all the pic threads, and everything else? It could actually be a deterent to user participation.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#16]
They'll die out eventually. You don't have to click on "my active topics" either. Sorry I even tried to help now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
They'll die out eventually. You don't have to click on "my active topics" either. Sorry I even tried to help now.

If that's your idea of help...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You started here in 2002 also......

I have got your solution!  I will lock your account and you can start over with a brand new clean slate!!!

wow.....unreal, keeping in mind you are not serious, Im suprised there hasnt been a someone thinking of a way to allow users to clear there active topics slate...maybe its in the works, but due to the lack of replies here....my guess is nope.  

Thellurider...ya know what we say abou the gun industry....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You asked if anything could be done. I suggested a few things. They may or may not work for you. You ask for help, then when you don't like the suggestions you get upset. How about just saying thanks but that won't work for me. In my time here, my three suggestions have all helped me at one point or another.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You asked if anything could be done. I suggested a few things. They may or may not work for you. You ask for help, then when you don't like the suggestions you get upset. How about just saying thanks but that won't work for me. In my time here, my three suggestions have all helped me at one point or another.

ok... Thanks but that won't work for me.

This isn't about threads I MIGHT post in in the future because since 2002 I've learned what not to post in. Additionally, I as well as you, fork over money to this site every year so that we have access to features such as "My Active Topics" so that suggestion to not use that feature won't work for me because,  frankly, it sucks.

1NutGunners posts in this thread were about as helpful as a turkey fart. Figures.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#21]
The best news of this whole thread is that your re-upped team membership went through in less than a day. Your whole reason here seems to be a desire to complain, not add a suggestion. It's pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The best news of this whole thread is that your re-upped team membership went through in less than a day. Your whole reason here seems to be a desire to complain, not add a suggestion. It's pretty obvious.

How the HELL is suggesting that we have an option to edit the contents of our "My Active Topics" a complaint?!

My only complaints have been about YOUR "suggestions" and 1NutGunner's lack of helpfulness.

Morons...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How the HELL is suggesting that we have an option to edit the contents of our "My Active Topics" a complaint?!

My only complaints have been about YOUR "suggestions" and 1NutGunner's lack of helpfulness.

Morons...

It always comes down to the name calling. You are following a very predictable path of internet social behavior.

Oh.. you never suggested that. Until now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Morons...

It always comes down to the name calling. You are following a very predictable path of internet social behavior.

Oh.. you never suggested that. Until now.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1NutGunner's lack of helpfulness.

Morons...

WTF do you want me to do?!  Shit you a new button?!?!!

I suposse you could have said something to the effect of..."well Thellurider, there is nothing we can do, sorry." and leave it at that, however on here what usually prevails is vague referrences and scarism.  If someone, had just come out and said, sorry the system we use, the software etc cant do that and just let it alone after that im sure THIS would have died.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Morons...

I suposse you could have said something to the effect of..."well Thellurider, there is nothing we can do, sorry." and leave it at that, however on here what usually prevails is vague referrences and scarism.  If someone, had just come out and said, sorry the system we use, the software etc cant do that and just let it alone after that im sure THIS would have died.

+1 A little thought goes a long way.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Morons...

That is funny!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top