Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2020 5:38:13 PM EDT
I am in the process of changing everything that I have relates to google. I already changed my email address to fastmail but my username is the same as google account.

Could we have the ability to change our usernames when we reup?
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
“extenuating cases only... maybe” was the answer to changing user name at all, let alone annually.
In for updated answer
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have been avoiding all account name change requests because it really has gotten out of hand. The current thought is to potentially make it a paid option through the store. It will have to be a fully automated change that goes through archives and live. No real info to share as I have no ETA or real thoughts on how/why/when/cost yet.
View Quote
I like that idea
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We have been avoiding all account name change requests because it really has gotten out of hand. The current thought is to potentially make it a paid option through the store. It will have to be a fully automated change that goes through archives and live. No real info to share as I have no ETA or real thoughts on how/why/when/cost yet.
View Quote

I am good with my own name, but I can see how in 2020 a user on a gun forum may need to add layers of obscurity to his or her identity that was a passe thing in 2007.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd pay to change mine once as mine allows me to be identified IRL too easily.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I embrace my underscore and will not be shamed by a bunch of queers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll start looking into getting this done and try to get an ETA.
View Quote

can it be done while maintaining sign up date, post count, etc?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:00:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 11:38:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll start looking into getting this done and try to get an ETA.
View Quote

Thanks Goatboy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top