Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2020 11:21:31 AM EDT
Due to Corona, they're not doing the normal Autodesk University in Vegas thing this year. It's being held entirely online, and they're doing it entirely for free. Any other year, you'd have to spend a couple thousand dollars to attend this in person, and you'd wind up limited in what you could see because it would all be live. Online, you'll have far more options, because they're doing a mix of live and pre-recorded sessions.

If you work in CAD or 3D professionally, or even if you're an amateur with an interest in CAD and 3D stuff, it's well worth checking out. It starts today and runs for the rest of the week.

https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/conference/home
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing this.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! but trying to figure out why this is relevant. I mean, I can go to youtube for anything.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks! but trying to figure out why this is relevant. I mean, I can go to youtube for anything.
View Quote

I bet you're the kind of guy that would buy a Lamborghini and then take it to your guy around the corner that always used to fix your Chebby, too, when the Lambo dealer is offering factory service for free, aren't you?

Autodesk University isn't just tutorial videos. It's the opportunity to ask the developers questions. It's a chance to bitch at a product manager about something that bugs you. It's a chance to get in a room with other creative people and shoot the shit about workflows. It's as big of an opportunity as you make it.

The people that present at these events are the people who literally *wrote the book* on these software packages, not just some random schlub on YouTube that may or may not actually know what he's doing, but he's gonna tell you how to do it anyway.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea, I'm just a user. If the car works, it's fine. I'm not calling Chevy to give them feedback about ergonomics. If my trans goes out, I will youtube a fix which has so far worked 100%.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:54:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yea, I'm just a user. If the car works, it's fine. I'm not calling Chevy to give them feedback about ergonomics. If my trans goes out, I will youtube a fix which has so far worked 100%.
View Quote

It's kind of sad that you'd have thousands of dollars of software sitting on your hard drive and be so uninterested in it that you'd rather not have any kind of direct contact with the people who know it best. Even worse that you'd prefer not to have any input into future development.

But, hey. That's you.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 2:39:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's kind of sad that you'd have thousands of dollars of software sitting on your hard drive and be so uninterested in it that you'd rather not have any kind of direct contact with the people who know it best. Even worse that you'd prefer not to have any input into future development.

But, hey. That's you.
View Quote

I also have Solidworks 2019 and Alibre Atom3D, that I am also uninterested in direct contact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top