Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2020 12:50:04 PM EDT
This was a TV mini series based on a Steven King novel about the events surrounding a
virus, Super Flu, that killed almost everybody who got it and everybody but a few got it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember watching it back in the day.  I had also read the book and I recall thinking the mini series did a nice job with it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
M O O N that spells moon.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:13:35 AM EDT
[#3]
If you survive Captain Tripps are you going to Nebraska/Colorado or La Vegas?

The problem is the right for rebroadcast and even the soundtract would need new permissions and rates negotiations.   The film did have a large cast of famous and  soon to be famous actors.  

While it shows some of its age, thankfully it has not had  remake  done by "Bad Robot"...

Rereading the uncut version would be good way to pass the time presently.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:43:01 AM EDT
[#4]
CBS is remaking it, but Mother Abigail is being played by whoopi goldberg, so fuck that...
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#5]
One of the DVD set's I snagged this summer at a garage sale for a buck.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Should also run "Utopia" (currently on Amazon Prime).  

Bio engineering Viruses, Social Control & the Future of Humanity.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
That would depend on who currently has broadcast rights to the miniseries
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CBS is remaking it, but Mother Abigail is being played by whoopi goldberg, so fuck that...
View Quote

I saw the ads.  Regarding Whoopi, I can separate the performer from the person.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:56:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I saw the ads.  Regarding Whoopi, I can separate the performer from the person.
View Quote

I must admit I do want to see it.. I just can't see that cunt as Mother Abigail..
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup

I will not be watching that bullshit
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I just finished the first episode of the new series.  I like it.  Much more polished than the first series.

Odessa Williams, who plays Fran, has much more screen time than Whoopsie, and more than makes up for her limited appearances.

The rest of the cast so far is really good.  I don't know their politics.  Oh wait, I don't care.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got the first version on DVD to get my fix without whoopin' it up.  Fuck her with a chainsaw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top