Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/2/2018 4:42:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in . We are homeschooling my 5 year old son.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
We home schooled both of our daughters. They took advantage of the dual credit program at the local collage and graduated with several credits.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
This would be fun to do. Except for the whole bills thing and not being able to stay home.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bakkbakk:
This would be fun to do. Except for the whole bills thing and not being able to stay home.
View Quote
We had to make sacrifices to make it happen!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I was homeschooled.  While it is not the path my wife and I chose for our children, it can be an excellent option.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
THANK YOU @GoatBoy !!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome, my wife home schools our 6yo, and plans on doing the same for our other three once they become of age
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#11]
awesome, I did't even have to vote!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Checking in.

My wife is home schooling our three teenagers.  We also participate in a local Christian based homeschool co-op.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 5:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HankZudd] [#13]
we have 3-4 weeks left for my twin boys to finish the home
part of homeschooling, then they have 3
semesters of local JC to finish their dual credit classes (will end up with 60
hrs of college when done w/ HS)

yes it’s a finincial struggle (sometimes)  but what’s more important
than raising great kids outside our corrupt  guberment indoctrionation
system? nothing

eta; thanks GB
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#14]
We home-schooled three kids.

Oldest is in 3rd year at college, did a year at a bible college ( one year program) then received her AA in Admin Assistant ( grad with honors) and is now getting her a dual BS in Business Management and Marketing along with minors in language , Mandarin ( she spent 5 weeks in China this past summer )

Second daughter start college as a Mass Comm , but the college changed the program and now she is at different college getting a degree in Film...more of the technical side of making them, then she wants to go to some theater college in Ireland or maybe it's Scotland...

Our youngest a growing young man finishing high school, but has about 24 credit hours in college done, he wants to go into Mechanical Engineering.

The two oldest did GED test and scored real high, just so we had certificate.

Son is going to do ACT because he wants scholarships.

Daughters are paying there own way thru school with some help, but they are doing the lions share of the work.

May wife stayed home and did all this work.

You thinking about it, you can do it.  We didn't have the money for fancy programs or belonging to Co-ops which cost a lot.
we bought books at Veg source  http://www.vegsource.com/homeschool/  and from others people, for a while we tried Bob Jones university on DVD...not worth it.

everyone is different and every kid is different, this is a full time job for my wife. and it has paid off.

All three are focused on education and future, all work and budget money for life. they all are becoming very independent people, all CCW.

Men have jobs to counsel, advise give life direction, counsel...be there for question, be honest about what you have learned in life, your mistakes and what you learned to avoid...and what you suffered from your mistakes.

we didn't raise them to be our friends, nor did we raise them to be successful 6, 8 12, 14 16 or even 18 year olds. sure they didn't always fit in with the other kids,in fact they liked hanging with adults and conversing with adults more.  Now that they are adults, they have seek out our company when ever possible, they are now and I expect will be our friends as adults, which is great.

We always prayed that" they would grow up to be Bionically and morally straight and bring Glory and Honor to go names as adults"

So far it is working and I am so glad we home schooled.

good luck...well more like hang in there, work hard, it will pay off.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad to see this, no propaganda indoctrination camp for my boys!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Pix or it didn't happen!

jk
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#18]
My son and DIL are homeschooling their 4 kids. My wife wasn't thrilled since she was a teacher before she retired but I think it's great.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Wonderful idea for a forum!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm here.

We (well, mostly my wife) homeschool our 15 year old and our 10 year old.

My wife graduated from college and has a BS in Elementary Education.  She taught for several years, then stayed home when my son was born.  Homeschooling was good for her as well, since she got to be a frustrated teacher.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#21]
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:12:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#23]
In!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#24]
In!
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#25]
See sig line
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Awesome. We homeschool our twin soon-to-be 11 yr old boys. Wife has MS in education, we belong to local Classical Conversations group, works out really well for us. Our 2nd year. Had the boys in best private school around and we still werent happy w what they were getting.  Much better now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:14:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: de-day] [#27]
It can be done. My wife brought bookkeeping work home with her when she was about 7 months pregnant with our first children, twin boys. She never worked outside the home again until they were grown and gone. We started them in public school and by 1st grade decided homeschooling was our only option since the schools were having a "thug" problem ( yes, in 1st grade) and were absolutely against teaching anything about creation or alternates to accepted "scientific" norms.  We never looked back. We homeschooled them and their younger brother. When they got to 7th grade , we swapped to the A Beka video curriculum for higher maths and sciences. They loved it.   ( depends on what state you live in as to the requirements, but we were members of a church school covering )

All three are socially adjusted , very successful young men. They are all married to goods wives. They scored well on the ACT (mid 30s ). We have a Geologist ( MS from the Denver School of Mines) , a Structural Engineer ( MS from Auburn ) and a career soldier who was risen to E6 in 6 years and is a Mortar Platoon squad leader ( college ain't for everyone y'all )

For everyone that is brave enough and disciplined enough to do it ( it isn't easy ) it is a rewarding way to raise your children and you will know each other better and be a closer family because of it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#28]
My wife is homeschooling our two.

I will put a plug in...JOIN HSLDA if you can! 100% worth it for all of the resources they have available.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
I would suggest contacting the homeschool foundation. I don't know what resources they have, but they would be a good place to see if they can help you get started.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Our granddaughter,whom we are raising,is 3 1/2 years old.I have not really explored home schooling but I may.Problem is I am OLD and my wife is just a few years younger.I m not sure we have the stamina or the ambition.
My oldest son and DIL homeschooled their kids and they are all doing very well as young adults.One of the girls had a 4.0 GPA at a major university.Another was teaching piano at 15.One is in the NG and is a translator.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DanaHillen:
Our granddaughter,whom we are raising,is 3 1/2 years old.I have not really explored home schooling but I may.Problem is I am OLD and my wife is just a few years younger.I m not sure we have the stamina or the ambition.
My oldest son and DIL homeschooled their kids and they are all doing very well as young adults.One of the girls had a 4.0 GPA at a major university.Another was teaching piano at 15.One is in the NG and is a translator.
View Quote
Do it, keeps your brain working and that is good for longevity. Plus it will keep the two of you from "acting" old...
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Wife home schools our 3. Thanks for making this forum.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By gunner01:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gunner01:
Same here.  Wife only works maybe one day a week to get out of the house and stay current in her field.  
Sadly I don’t have a new car and my gun collection is lacking.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By superdoc:
Wonderful idea for a forum!
View Quote
This. Thanks GB
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Useafortyfive:

Same here.  Wife only works maybe one day a week to get out of the house and stay current in her field.  
Sadly I don’t have a new car and my gun collection is lacking.
View Quote
We did as well.  But, its been worth it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#36]
I’m in.

We homeschool all 3 of our kids and have been for the last 8 years. It started as a big “fuck you” to the school district but has grown into something that is convenient for us and we make our family schedule work.

It’s a good fit for us, but understand it’s a lot of work and takes a lot of time. It’s not for everybody.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Just found this forum, thanks GB! We have homeschooled 2 of our 4 kids to graduation and have 2 currently being taught at home. I was skeptical until our first co-op meeting, my wife talked to parents but I talked to kids. Refreshing to find kids unafraid to talk with adults AND more respectful than most kids you meet. We never looked back, yes it required sacrifice but for the short time we can guide our kids before turning them lose in the world, it was well worth it. Our oldest son is finishing his 2nd degree, and our daughter is on the dean's list her freshman year. As someone mentioned earlier, HSLDA is a very worthy investment. We belong to 2 co-ops (minimal fees) and that has been a great benefit for my wife as well as the kids, she gets fellowship with like-minded women, and the kids have sports and artsy stuff. I've had to work overtime and we drive older cars, but I see that as a very small price to pay to give our kids the extra time and more personalized curriculum. A parting thought, we have friends that homeschool 10 kids on the dad's public school teacher salary, where there's a will...
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:47:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Just found this forum, thank you!
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#40]
My wife is home schooling are 2 kids.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By indwelling:
My wife is home schooling are 2 kids.
View Quote
Glad it is your wife and not you, *our kids.

My wife is teaching our kids at home.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Wonderful idea for a forum.

Thanks so much!
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:09:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HELOBRAVO] [#43]
11 and 13 y/o old here.
Our home schooling is pretty stressful.
Spent the day on the boat and at the skateboard park.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:
11 and 13 y/o old here.
Our home schooling is pretty stressful.
Spent the day on the boat and at the skateboard park....
View Quote
it was awful here.  Got thru all our subjects, then me and the 2 kids had to hit the indoor gokart track for 16 laps.

The struggle is real.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
Just what we were thinking
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Im so glad this is here... we home school my daughter....she is 14...
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Cool!

We started with our oldest who is now 22 when he was starting the 2nd grade. Our 19 year old and 12 year old have been home schooled all their lives. It has been interesting to see the differences in each in terms of learning ability and interests up close, and how different their learning styles are.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#49]
I home schooled one, and it didn't stick. I sent his ass back to school in 7th grade. I think I picked the wrong one of my six to start with. I completely understood his previous teachers critiques after a few years.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 4xDawn:
I home schooled one, and it didn't stick. I sent his ass back to school in 7th grade. I think I picked the wrong one of my six to start with. I completely understood his previous teachers critiques after a few years.
View Quote
What pill was he put on?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top