Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 7/17/2020 2:33:28 PM EDT
Well, I saw a hill that was begging to have my Black Rhino Baja Rey shot off its face on the way home from work the other day, so I stopped by Sunday morning before it got too hot and caught some air.  I thought the jumping was fun but turns out, so is the video and editing.  I just wish I was better at it, but will get better.  Too much fun, love this truck!  Have two, in fact.  Here's a quick video to share, again, sorry for the graininess of video, but I think you'll get the idea.  Got a few more short clips I can post, too.  In case you were wondering, she's all stock less Proline upgraded 2-stage shocks all around and limit straps in the rear suspension setup that I just made myself and they are working.  I would have pulled out my stock shock shafts probably on that jump alone, lol.  Did that already on a smaller jump.  Shock replacements to large bore was a must.  I got really tired, really quick of my rear shock springs shooting out of the rear every fourth jump or so.  My goal is to of course go farther and higher, feel free to post your videos, too, this stuff is cool and maybe I can learn something along the way!  You all have a great day!

Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Got some more po-boy videos edited, ha!

Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the control this Baja Rey has in the air when given the time.

Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like fun.  I cut some boards the other week, with the intent to build a ramp with my daughter.  We want to try our hand at launching our Arrma basher.  Unfortunately I have been working 7days a week and havent had any time.  I am hoping to try and make some fun videos with her to learn about editing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes it is!  Right on with your Arrma, the child and the jump build!  My cousin(who got me back into this stuff) showed me a really cool youtube video for the basic math and cutting out to yield good curve and get some nice air jumps built.  I am still awaiting his handy work, ha!  For now, when I see a good big rubber mudflap on the side of road and it is safe to stop, I grab em' up!  Cleans up the highway and make for killer jump surfaces on natural things like rougher hills.  I know when I run mine the kids that hear it and see it all come over, stop and go crazy watching this thing haul butt and fly around.  Now my 16 year old daughter wants to help video my jumps and she's pretty good with the camera.  See, we can recruit camera crews, pit crews next, then we can sit back and jump, lol!  I have two of these Baja Rey trucks and she knows she's always welcome to fly one!

Try and get that time made for you and yours!  You will love it and so will she when it goes a flyin'!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Mmmmmm, freshly groomed yesterday morning and going to be perfect for tomorrow morning jumps and hopefully some more/better video.  We also are probably going to a local track off the 101 that never has anyone on it that we've been hitting up on the weekends before it gets too hot.  I also just realized I haven't tried any jump face further towards the top of pic.  There is about 100 yards of different face to try with about 30 yards of that landing my straight into those bushes and unusable.  Also didn't get the lip in pic far enough to the right but it's another few feet back to the right.  The table top is about the length of my extra cab, standard bed 2016 F-150 work truck.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh boy, been busy with a drifting addiction now since it's like 175 degrees out, lol.

Picked up four cars HPI E10 and RS4 Sport 3, an Associated RC18R and a Redcat Lightning for less than $150 each RTR also with extras and have been having a blast in one of my living rooms.  Getting some indoor/outdoor carpet rolls soon and doing up the garage with swamp cooler and mini fridge for some mixed beverages.

Attachment Attached File

Some quick videos of two of my four cars, first five minutes ever drifting/driving these kinds of cars at all.

Link Posted: 7/31/2020 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]
That seems like a pretty good deal on those pickups!
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I kind of just blindly bid on them, won them then when they arrived I figured out what I had.  Shipping was $32, $40 and $15 for the 1/10 scale drift/road cars, a good friend gave me his old RC18R and a shlew of spare parts, batteries and two tops.  I used my ebay bucks and that covered all my shipping.  Was going to buy more knives with the bucks but my cousin got me back into the offroad trucks and have another King Shocks Baja Rey, my third Baja Rey on order and should have next week.  I started buying these and got him hooked..  So I told him now I'm going to blow all his lunch moneys on drift and road cars.

So, we are planning a trip to a shop in Mesa next weekend to check out dedicated drift cars/chassis and their 2wd indoor track.  He already has like $600 set aside, I have zero, ha!  I set $600 aside and ended up with my three cars, they just aren't dedicated 2wd drift cars.  I guess its time to go prune the money tree, again, lol!  Damn him!

Heck, my friend that gave my the rc18r also gave me a new in box rc boat a Tower Hobbies Turbo Vee3 I think it is.  He lurks around here but more of a 1911 forums and 1911 Addicts guy.  Where my cousin lives is a bunch of water holes that we can dip into to run this little guy next.  Was going to really geek out soon and build an RC boat trailer in my metal shop.  Just need to work up something in Solidworks and let my laser, water jet, press brakes get to work and dust off my TIG welding gear!

This stuff sure passes the time and just good , clean fun!  Has brought us closer together as well.  I think that is really what this has been all about for me, really.  Plus he doesn't want to buy a bunch of guns, knives, Jeeps, fishing gear and other hobby shit I am into to get together with, lol.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, crap, won another E10 VG Jr. GTR Mustang rtr last night off eBay for $142.50 shipped.  Did some victory laps last night in the 69 and did some more carpet slide video that the wife was nice enough to sit and shoot for me.  I really need to figure out more space as I switch to lipo on these, I am hardly ever full throttle even on NiMH.  Or just find someone with a clean, empty warehouse section and a liking for RC, ha!

IMG 0047 TRIM Slomo Segment

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Aaaand now with crawler RC's!

Started farting around with a Bender Customs SW2 chassis build circa somewhere probably 2006-ish.  Figured for $132 bucks shipped(less batteries), why not give this rock crawling stuff a shot, too.  Runs good as it came set up and may upgrade things as they burn out.  Already took out the original Futaba S3010 and put in a little better Spektrum Z590 metal gear unit from a pile of stuff a couple of friends gave me.

So far, so good!  Not a small unit, either.  Almost bigger than my Baja Rey.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#13]
And got one of my King Edition Baja Rey all back together and upgraded!

~ New Proline Racing Powerstroke big bore shocks
~ New Hot Racing HD alum front diff
~ New Front driveshafts
~ New Center driveshaft
~ New SSD rear driveshaft
~ New high speed sealed ceramic bearings
~ New Steel gear transmission/bearings/HD Locked diff. & one in an HD Open diff.
~ New HD gears (rings/pinions/planetary/transmissions) throughout drive lines
~ New Locked rear diff.
~ New Stainless 2.5 hardware and washers throughout most suspension and misc chassis/rollcage/mudflaps
~ New Tenacity tires/wheels
~ New Mamba X ESC
~ New Hobbystar 3500KV 4 Pole Sensored brushless motor
~ New 3s batts
~ New 25kg coreless digital DSServo
~ New RPM bumper
~ New Alum Hot Racing rear upper links and upper & lower trailing & link connectors
~ New/Custom made, adjustable RPM front upper & lower control arms(made like Super Baja Rey design but on 1/10 scale upper arms)
~ New RPM front hubs/carriers
~ New New Hot Racing Steering members & Servo Saver
~ New Hot Racing carbon fiber & alum rear shock mounts
~ New Hot Racing alum rear third member cover
~ New TLR mudflaps
~ Probably a few more smaller ticket items I forgot about.  The truck came with half this stuff already when I bough it form original owner.

Been flyin around my cousin's backyard this weekend and starting to build a track this week after work each day through this weekend.  Upgraded night lights and got much better night run results, too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Dang, a ghost town in here, lol.

Oh-well.  So now that cousin and I have his back yard all cleared to fresh dirt, rubble free, I wheeled off the back and came off the house/patio/walls and AC pad 2'-0" and created a 6' wide track and came up with this so far for spacial layout of something fast and simple with some technical mogul and whoop areas and some jumps.  Found a way to S-curve option part of the layout where we usually come around his patio squirrelly as hell anyways fish-tailin' and stuffed a bunch of moguls to hopefully slow us down a bit there, too.  Halfway done with this first stab at the layout.  Need to figure out something to do with East stretch and North long run.  That N run is kind of our start/finish.  We are going to chalk line it and dry run it both ways before we try anything else anyways.  May do a figure 8 in the NE section so we can jump track at least once.....Buuuuuut we also want to leave enough open room inside of track for mud/rock crawler track(s).  The pic is standing in NW corner of yard looking back at patio corner with one of his Slash VXL's out in the area where we might do a figure 8.  Might be a little blurry to read dimensions but if there are any questions on those or whatever, fire away!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Man having your own backyard track, you need to start hosting events.  No way my wife would let me get away with that - but the kids would prob love it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Lol, my wife would might/probably let me but she for sure let's me get away with this at my cousin's house since this is his yard we are "tracking-out".  I have too much I would have to tear up in my backyard.  He wants to do a big pool in a couple years so we can get away with this...for now, his wife said, ha!
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Keep us updated on the progress, def a cool job.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Got some $5 LED lights mounted up front on the Bender.  60 lumens each seems sufficient here for night crawls.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Aaaaand trying some 5.5" 2.2's Axial Ripsaws on all aluminum wheels/beadlocks that just showed up the other day off eBay for just under $40 shipped.  Original wheels are plastic with nice wheel weights adhered inside and balanced with steel beadlocks for weight.  Actually feel a little heavier than these bigger ones for now.  Need to make a few minor suspension adjustments/mods and she'll be just fine for what I do!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And got one of my King Edition Baja Rey all back together and upgraded!

~ New Proline Racing Powerstroke big bore shocks
~ New Hot Racing HD alum front diff
~ New Front driveshafts
~ New Center driveshaft
~ New SSD rear driveshaft
~ New high speed sealed ceramic bearings
~ New Steel gear transmission/bearings/HD Locked diff. & one in an HD Open diff.
~ New HD gears (rings/pinions/planetary/transmissions) throughout drive lines
~ New Locked rear diff.
~ New Stainless 2.5 hardware and washers throughout most suspension and misc chassis/rollcage/mudflaps
~ New Tenacity tires/wheels
~ New Mamba X ESC
~ New Hobbystar 3500KV 4 Pole Sensored brushless motor
~ New 3s batts
~ New 25kg coreless digital DSServo
~ New RPM bumper
~ New Alum Hot Racing rear upper links and upper & lower trailing & link connectors
~ New/Custom made, adjustable RPM front upper & lower control arms(made like Super Baja Rey design but on 1/10 scale upper arms)
~ New RPM front hubs/carriers
~ New New Hot Racing Steering members & Servo Saver
~ New Hot Racing carbon fiber & alum rear shock mounts
~ New Hot Racing alum rear third member cover
~ New TLR mudflaps
~ Probably a few more smaller ticket items I forgot about.  The truck came with half this stuff already when I bough it form original owner.

Been flyin around my cousin's backyard this weekend and starting to build a track this week after work each day through this weekend.  Upgraded night lights and got much better night run results, too.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20200829_203403_jpg-1591678.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20200829_203436_jpg-1591679.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20200906_222610_jpg-1591696.JPG
View Quote

That sounds like my Tamiya CC01 Toyota FJ Cruiser I’ve been working and am almost done.  
There’s hardly anything on there other than the frame and body that was orignal.  Everything else has been upgrade parts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#21]
^

Sounds both fun and awesome!  Feel free to post a pic in here, same for anyone!  I dont mind sharing and easier for me to see you guys stuff in one thread, lol!

It's been remarkably therapeutic tinkering with these.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#22]
The RC crawler community seems like the fullsize offroad community.  Everyone customizes and upgrades.  I am constantly amazed at the aftermarket support in the current hobby world.    It is crazy where things have gone from 20yrs ago when I was hand cutting balsa wood from sheets to fix my RC planes.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#23]
^

HA!  You got that!  Massive steps up in functions from 18+ years out myself.  My real full size Jeep is quite jealous, I am sure but weather is about to break and hitting the trails again soon!

I guess bring along the RC crawler JIC we find some little areas to play in with it when we stop for lunch and water.  Might as well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Trying some Axial Bomber, 2.2 x 5.5 Falken Wildpeak M/T tires/Falken satin wheels.  I like how they brought out the metals in the frame and links.  Well worth the $50 bucks shipped!  Also came with extra hardware and spare set of foams and a fifth wheel and foam by itself for a spare tire I guess, just need to find one of these tires again.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Trying some Axial Bomber, 2.2 x 5.5 Falken Wildpeak M/T tires/Falken satin wheels.  I like how they brought out the metals in the frame and links.  Well worth the $50 bucks shipped!  Also came with extra hardware and spare set of foams and a fifth wheel and foam by itself for a spare tire I guess, just need to find one of these tires again.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20201009_215957_jpg-1628644.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20201009_215937_jpg-1628645.JPG
View Quote

Scooby Doo and Shaggy?

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Lol, yup!  The kids always get a kick out of that when I bring it to RC shop with me.  My daughter was cleaning out her room one day and was going to toss em and I thought, hey wait a minute...

So a little top heavy with my dual battery setup with these tall boys, so only gonna run one battery at a time when on 5.5's.  Still can control it but headed to RC shop today to get 6mm and 10mm HR alum wheel spacers to get a more stable footprint and not rub on coils.  Here's a short vid of first test run on these 5.5's.   Hmmm, posting to tube and here from phone so apologies if video is sideways (?)  When I go to link it plays wide on my phone when sideways...SIA for your necks, ha!

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#27]
In case anyone was wondering, the Rubicon body I am using come to find out is an out of production 1/5th scale HPI part # 7182-1. For my crawler, the key is getting a 12.3"-12.5" center wheelbase body.  Otherwise they are a bit small in 1/10th scale.  The 1/10th scale Rubicon 2-door body's aren't even 11" WB I don't think.  Definitely not 12.3" and they aren't as wide.  The 5th scale Rubi body just fits.  I have a 4 door Rubicon body and a big Ford Raptor body, Proline and JConcepts, respectively due in next week.  Both new, unpainted/wheel wells cut as well.  They boast 12.3" WB and state 1/10th scale...we'll see, fingers crossed.

I was lucky enough to find another new old stock one off Ebay recently, unpainted and uncut with all factory sticker options on cards still but cost almost $70 shipped.  Get to custom airbrush my own top here soon though thanks to a good friend that gave me a an airbrush kit and a bunch paints.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Haha!  Shit you not just ran across an Ebay ad, typed in "axial scx10" in buy it now option or auction and saw this....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
^

HA!  You got that!  Massive steps up in functions form 18+ years out myself.  My real full size Jeep is quite jealous, I am sure but weather is about to break and hitting the trails again soon!

I guess bring along the RC crawler JIC we find some little areas to play in with it when we stop for lunch and water.  Might as well.
View Quote

We bring out truck to the lease and the farm, the kids are happy to drive it anywhere.  Ive thought about bringing it to work, but I dont think RC cars me electrical area classification..
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I have brought mine to work a few times.  There's a bunch of river rock beds in front of commercial buildings in my area.

I hear someone just rebuilt the 99th ave and Thomas track between home and work for me...so probably be bringing them in a lot more!

My kid was just out front messing around with the crawler for two batteries.  She likes it and wants to drive the faster ones now
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Not bad clearance, I have some 10mm Hot Racing aluminum wheel spacers coming Saturday, hopefully.  Should cure my rubbing on coil woes but will either have to raise body mounts or trim fenders orrrr mod one of the new bodies that came in to clear the 5.5's when in full flex.  Let the tinkering commence!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh and the two newest bodies arrived yesterday.  When HR wheel spacers come in, I will truly fit these up before paint.

Raptor one kind of goofy with smaller tires/wheels but not kicking it outta bed just yet.

Attachment Attached File

4-door Jeep body is definitely going to work as is with either tire/wheel combo I feel like.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Was surfing a local classifieds on break this morning and swung a deal later in day at lunch hour with a cool dude on these 6" tall Losi 43013 Maxxis Creepy Crawler LTs on Method lookalike all aluminum beadlocks.

Whoa!  I thought, "No way these will work!"

Attachment Attached File

Seemed a bit tight....

Attachment Attached File

But turns out, their offset and slim profile kept them hardly rubbing at all!  I have found my favorite look/performance combo so far.  Will go fart around in river rock park in the morning and see.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just a quick run in front yard before mom called me in for dinner, ha!  The back of rear fenders rub just a little.  A slight trim or slight body raise and should be good.  Not best video, was holding phone in right hand and doing the driving with left.

Link Posted: 10/19/2020 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#34]
That turned out awesome looking.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Thank you!  I received wheel spacers yesterday and after raising body approx 3/16" the roughly 3/4" wider stance is something else and hardly rubs even in full flex!  Cruised the testing spot out back on some logs and out front in river rocks.  Two of those vids below.  Going after work for some more field tests in the rut-canyon my cousin and I found behind his house.  Small video with little tires in a short section below from Sunday and no wheel spacers yet.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/20/2020 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Some video out in front of my office in the river rocks today at lunch.  Much better, just need a solid steering servo and mounts to get rid of servo flex.  Kind of fun bringing 4 different brands/parts together to get this going.  I have 15mm spacers on the way to try as well as probably going to get super soft foam inserts since not real sure what is in there now.  Anyhow, here's some vids.

Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Hit the trenches after work.  Of course did a bunch more driving than video.  Again, trying to drive and film with phone at the same time is silly.  I have three gopro cameras and our dumbasses are always fumbling around with cell phones on the edges of up to 12' drop ins.  Pretty cool actually, though.  Unfortunately these will be filled within days and on the hunt for more we go!

Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Really liked the grip and profile of these Axial Ripsaw 5.5" tall tires with aluminum wheels and beadlocks that have been sitting since getting the sweet 6" ones.  So I ordered some Hot Racing Axial Wraith 15mm offset hex hub aluminum extensions and they showed up today.  A few posts up, I have these pictured without spacers and although it looked ok, the thing was still a bit too narrow to enjoy the climbs without a flip over and they rubbed bad on coils during flex-n-turn.  I left body ride ht. at 6" tires clearance so I can still swap em out of the backpack on the trails if needed without having to raise and lower body mounts, too.

Darn thing is breaking wide now!  Trench trials again tomorrow after work so we'll see how it does there and river rock trails this weekend!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Still getting good flex and clearances in all the right places, too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Had some more fun in the trenches this weekend and caught some bits on film again.

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Found a few nice rock climbs at Dysart Park N Ride today after work and was a nice little run.  Has some dirt areas I want to try as well.

Took about 3-4 minutes per climb.  Seemed to get faster each time of course.  Strapped my cell phone to the front windshield for a run and posted below.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#42]
So, after I got home from yesterday’s runs I noticed a heavy “click-pop” when compressing the rear suspension along with a hideous creaking squeak.  I thought it was a dry or binding shock/link but as it turned out, my modified/chopped down plastic Traxxas T-Maxx driveshafts finally started binding up at the slip yoke and had a bunch of burred plastic and debris down in the short-chopped female part of the slip yoke.  Probably mainly from wheel spin in the looser dirt stuff lately.  I have some new plastic extra-long T-Maxx setups coming in but then got to thinking of my parts drawers.  Then I can cut them down a bit differently than original owner did for a cleaner, more user-friendly finish.  They will probably only be used as back-ups from here on out anyways.

I found a new in bag SSD Baja Rey/Rock Rey 1:10 scale steel driveshaft I had got for my Baja Rey models.  I had set up my driveshaft next to a worn-out stock Losi Baja Rey plastic driveshaft and they looked close enough to give it a try!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Amazingly smooth articulation and a bit smoother flexing now!  I also noticed it got a bit quieter and more responsive as well as much more clearance around adjacent surfaces/gear.  Almost like it is not stressing motor as much since it is not sticking in the slip function anymore either.  So, I ordered up three more of these SSD driveshafts last night to swap out the front driveshaft that is still ok for now on the crawler and swap out two more rears on my 2 stock Baja Rey trucks that haven’t been replaced like my modified 3s one has.  Probably should work on a skid plate for my axle bottoms next before I blow/scrape through these or crack them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Yay, get to go try some more runs later after work today to see if it made any noticeable difference.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Ha!  So the wife was going to throw away some old Halloween decorations away and I saw these little skeletons and thought, what the heck, might aws well keep the Scooby-Doo theme going!  Also, I recall the episodes having some guest star element, so queue Travis Pastrana and his dirt bike to add to the display!  

The 30 or so kids that did come by for candy we handed out sure got a kick out of it, too while I was out front crawling around on rocks with headlights on.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I like the Halloween setup.  

On the axles, I have seen others complain about the plastic shafts.  I think most take them as disposable and replace regularly.  I dont know the actual truth, but the Traxxas fan bois claim that the "extra flex" in plastic parts reduces breakage, even if it comes at a faster wear rate.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks again!

The wife also gave me these "zombie green" LED's to add to the madness that are battery powered to a fake wine cork with on-off switch.  Darn bright, actually!  Only $10 bucks for 10 complete light strand/cork units.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I did get in my SSD driveshafts and have swapped out plastic front one like the rear and locked my front axle by throwing three of the four left-over rebuild Losi Baja Rey planetary gears into the three gear unit in the Tamiya TLT-1 axles of mine.  Upon opening up case, I noticed how they are brass bushings around axles(so going to measure and replace with bearings) and that it ran pretty much dry.  My three diff screws had loosened up and I was basically free-spinning and in 2.5wd lol.

I got the idea from the guys on RcCrawler.com and one of their old ass 2007 or so posts about how to lock the TLT-1's diff's/axles....I did not like the epoxy idea shown here in the pic they supplied, so I read in further and saw one fella chime in about a "reverseable" solution....just find three more little gears(the BM2's called out in diagram below) and drop them in between the other pinned three and it will lock her up.  I tried it and it worked!  Locked solid all the way around!  Greased her all up and put back together in a couple hours last night.  This little thing gets it now like it should!

The funny part is, I had like $300 in portal axle aftermarket upgrades in my online shopping cart yesterday in a panic before lurking over on Rc forum and got it fixed for free, essentially!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Oh and not sure if I mentioned it, but I took four rear Baja Rey shocks since I had upgraded to Prolines on those trucks and put all the way around on the Bender Custom and whoa, got a lot more useable articulation, that's for sure!  Also a way cushier ride and pretty much just skates over tall curbs without scraping the pumpkins!  This thing has already come a long way since day one when I thought it was cool then, ha!  I have an Axial 35T motor and Axial AE-5 ESC inbound I won for $28 shipped/tax so that should speed things up a little over my Integy Modified.  We'll see in a week or so!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Wife's office called us to come get some furniture they were throwing out a few weeks ago, so I turned a spare room I had my home gym in into an RC car garage/gun cleaning area and not in that order, lol.  Muuuuch better to put things out on a 4' deep x 10' wide table top and the cabinets are huge and hold all the tires, extra tops, airbrush stuff, mags, ammo, etc., etc.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Found a nice series of dirt mounds on way home from work.  Locker is a rocker!

Attachment Attached File

And a new developments park by my office had me interested at lunch to try locker.  Works great so far.

Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I did get in my SSD driveshafts and have swapped out plastic front one like the rear and locked my front axle by throwing three of the four left-over rebuild Losi Baja Rey planetary gears into the three gear unit in the Tamiya TLT-1 axles of mine.  Upon opening up case, I noticed how they are brass bushings around axles(so going to measure and replace with bearings) and that it ran pretty much dry.  My three diff screws had loosened up and I was basically free-spinning and in 2.5wd lol.

I got the idea from the guys on RcCrawler.com and one of their old ass 2007 or so posts about how to lock the TLT-1's diff's/axles....I did not like the epoxy idea shown here in the pic they supplied, so I read in further and saw one fella chime in about a "reverseable" solution....just find three more little gears(the BM2's called out in diagram below) and drop them in between the other pinned three and it will lock her up.  I tried it and it worked!  Locked solid all the way around!  Greased her all up and put back together in a couple hours last night.  This little thing gets it now like it should!

The funny part is, I had like $300 in portal axle aftermarket upgrades in my online shopping cart yesterday in a panic before lurking over on Rc forum and got it fixed for free, essentially!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/TLTDifflocking_jpg-1669694.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20201103_190439_jpg-1669697.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20201102_193413_jpg-1669696.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20201103_184228_jpg-1669698.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20201102_193817_jpg-1669699.JPG
View Quote

I have an old RC truck that has been sitting in parts for a while, the front and rear diff spider gears blew apart.  I have been unable to find a match that will work.  At this point I am thinking about using JB Weld or bondo to make an entirely new front and rear diff fit in the housing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top