Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2021 1:41:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I wear a Garmin Vivoactive 3 watch and my Omron BP cuff unit said my heart rate at rest was 78 when I took a reading about 10 minutes ago and my watch is currently reading 78, so it seems to be spot on.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wear a Garmin Vivoactive 3 watch and my Omron BP cuff unit said my heart rate at rest was 78 when I took a reading about 10 minutes ago and my watch is currently reading 78, so it seems to be spot on.
View Quote

SD, you had better luck than I did.  I ended up returning the one I got.  The pulse rate it reported was usually way off from what I would measure by taking my own pulse or compared against a different pulse rate monitor.

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a Fitbit charge 3, which is pretty damn basic as far as these things go. It’s usually pretty close to what the sensors on the equipment at the gym say.  

A lot of these trackers aren’t so much about accuracy as they are about giving you a consistent reading from which to baseline your efforts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top