Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2021 12:17:46 PM EDT
I have a watch I don't wear and decided to sell it.  I sent emails to several online dealers and got offers back, pending inspection.

Has anyone dealt with a company called Crown and Caliber?  They made the best offer by several hundred and I am hoping someone here has dealt with them.

Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve heard good things about them but no first hand experience.

I’m curious if these offers were better than selling on a forum or similar, or is it just ease of transaction that makes it worthwhile?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve heard good things about them but no first hand experience.

I’m curious if these offers were better than selling on a forum or similar, or is it just ease of transaction that makes it worthwhile?
View Quote

Mostly ease of sale.  Right now it needs a battery.  It has been sitting in my safe for 5 years and I haven't worn a watch for longer than that.

I bought it back when I had a pawnshop, it was represented as recently serviced and it does look like almost new.  However I don't want to sell it to someone and find out there was an issue that needed addressed
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quick update for anyone interested.

I contacted three companies on my watch,  Crown and caliber, Gray and Sons, and European Watch Co.  

European Watch said they didn't deal in Quartz, but I could expect between $800 and $1400 for my watch.

Gray and Sons made an offer between $1000 and $1200, pending inspection of the watch.

Crown and Caliber estimated between $1400 and $1900, pending inspection.  I sent my watch to C&C and got a finalized offer today of $1725 and I took that one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top