Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2020 2:49:29 PM EDT
I'm looking to start my collection and the current mystery box offerings look too good to be true.  Sites such as https://timepiecemonthly.com/ and https://www.watchgang.com/ come to mind.  

Any insight?
Thanks
Tom
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#1]
That kind of service probably works better for socks and exotic cheeses. If I was brand new to watches, I’d  get a couple of entry autos (Seiko, Citizen, Orient) then figure out what I wanted to invest in after some wrist time and research. Getting 20 mid-level watches wouldn’t be nearly as satisfying as a picking up couple of cheap ones to get started, one or two mid-range to dabble without a ton of buyers remorse risk, then a grail watch or two after hunting for them for a year. My two cents.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Regardless of their cost, I'm pretty particular about my watches and the idea of "subscribing" to spend money on random watches I would probably never want to buy otherwise has zero appeal to me.

I'd rather spend a few months of subscription fees on a couple affordable watches or save it for a more expensive watch of my own choosing. To each their own though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Regardless of their cost, I'm pretty particular about my watches and the idea of "subscribing" to spend money on random watches I would probably never want to buy otherwise has zero appeal to me.

I'd rather spend a few months of subscription fees on a couple affordable watches or save it for a more expensive watch of my own choosing. To each their own though.
View Quote

This.

Unless you really just want to be a "collector" and have a bunch of random watches.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
You all are saying what I've been thinking about it...  I'd probably get a bunch of stuff that I'd never wear.
Thanks for talking me out of it. Lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top