Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2022 10:17:34 AM EDT
I am going to try using a GoPro 10 for stills and video at depths up to 120'

I have never had good luck with dive lights. Most likely I have never spent enough money on one...

What would be a good light to use with the GoPro? I plan on using a tray for the light and camera.

I have been considering this one.
Sea Dragon 3000f
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:51:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SynSix] [#1]
I'm using an HID Light Monkey with a reflector and an older GoPro.  My buddy has the same light.  This is how it does in the complete darkness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpntPcnWVzg

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:59:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MemeWarfare] [#2]
I haven’t been into that for a decade but what my friends and I would do is make a diffuser to slip over our lights since high power dive lights tend to have a very tight focus. You can make a diffuser easily using anything from commercial diffuser material to a Pringels can lid. I cut mine to fit in a piece of PVC that slipped over my light head and held in place with a bungee chord so I could slip it on or off throughout a dive as needed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MemeWarfare:
I haven’t been into that for a decade but what my friends and I would do is make a diffuser to slip over our lights since high power dive lights tend to have a very tight focus. You can make a diffuser easily using anything from commercial diffuser material to a Pringels can lid. I cut mine to fit in a piece of PVC that slipped over my light head and held in place with a bungee chord so I could slip it on or off throughout a dive as needed.
View Quote

Commercial diffusers are available now for a number of lights. Not sure if they were available back when you were diving.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top