Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 6:44:43 PM EDT
I had a cheap Omega clone all drilled out for bottom feeding on my REO. The sub-ohm parts for the REO finally came today and as I was gleefully assembling everything, one of the side posts broke off on my RDA. Cheap pos.

So now, I'm on the hunt for a replacement RDA and wanted to get some suggestions. There are some specific requirements for my application though.

1) It can't be expensive. I'm not real keen on drilling and otherwise modifying a top dollar rda.

2) It needs holes drilled in the post. The reason is, that I'll need to shorten the center screw so the holes for the coil leads can be used as juice channels when I drill out the 510 pin.

3) It needs a solid, floating 510 pin, or to be hollow from top to bottom.

4) Must support dual coils.

5) Needs to be available in stainless so I can heat treat it like the pos Omega clone it'll be replacing.

Here's a pic of what I mean when I say drilling out the 510 pin:

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Any suggestions?
View Quote

I suggest you let me have that sexy fucking Omega.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately, I really can't think of any atomizers that suit your purposes, but I'll keep my eyes open.

I don't really know how most are constructed as it is.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any suggestions?

I'd be happy to send you this Omega top cap. The body is no good vis a vis the broken post. The only thing is that there are several Omega clones out there and the parts are not interchangeable. This particular cap does not fit my HCigar Omegas. It came off the Omega clone that was part of the Stingray deal mouse posted a while back.

If you think it might fit your Omega base, let me know and it's yours.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Patriot? It has a solid bottom pin and holes drilled in the posts. Plus, wide open airflow, perfect for dual coil.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Patriot? It has a solid bottom pin and holes drilled in the posts. Plus, wide open airflow, perfect for dual coil.
View Quote

I was just looking at that. I have a Patriot clone and it has a threaded 510 pin, which is no good. I just saw that the authentic Patriot seems to have a floating pin I could drill but I'd hate to spend the money on a real one just to start modifying it. Do you know of a particular clone that for sure has the solid bottom pin?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd be happy to send you this Omega top cap. The body is no good vis a vis the broken post. The only thing is that there are several Omega clones out there and the parts are not interchangeable. This particular cap does not fit my HCigar Omegas. It came off the Omega clone that was part of the Stingray deal mouse posted a while back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any suggestions?

I got my clone off of Fasttech, I have no idea who makes it.

It looks the same, even the engraving on the bottom... but I imagine all clones look the same? lol

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was just looking at that. I have a Patriot clone and it has a threaded 510 pin, which is no good. I just saw that the authentic Patriot seems to have a floating pin I could drill but I'd hate to spend the money on a real one just to start modifying it. Do you know of a particular clone that for sure has the solid bottom pin?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you checked the REO forum to see what other people are doing?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Also, go on youtube and search "Bottom feed RBA" and check out the results.

I just did and there's a few.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I did some google fu about it but unfortunately, most of the stuff relating to REO users are for small, single coil RDA's. The sub-ohm parts for the REO just became available this week. Before now, only a handful of folks were making custom modifications to run sub-ohm on their REO's.

Unfortunately, the bottom pin isn't shown in the majority of pics for various clones, so I'm hoping someone has hands-on with one that'll work for this so I don't end up ordering a clone only to find out it's different than the original or the vendor's pic.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got one of these in black from ebay. Here is another from the same seller in gold. The bottom looks identical to mine that I am holding. Solid 510 that is a bitch to move with the insulation but it will move. As I screw the 510 in the bottom, it will rotate the center post. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#11]
the tobh v2 clone that is preorder now has what your looking for... but its a preorder so going have to wait.

edit.. found one- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tobh-Atty-V2-by-Tobh-Mods-Collectors-Replica-1-1-HOT-Item-USA-SELLER-/291122192913?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c83c2211

edit again.. it is a screw in center pin.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I got one of these in black from ebay. Here is another from the same seller in gold. The bottom looks identical to mine that I am holding. Solid 510 that is a bitch to move with the insulation but it will move. As I screw the 510 in the bottom, it will rotate the center post. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks but it's actually the exact opposite of what I'm looking for I don't think it'll work real well trying to drill through a screw in post. I think that'll compromise the threads to much if the hole isn't perfectly centered. I'm looking for a floating pin that seats via friction. That way if my drill wanders towards the outside diameter, it's not going to compromise the function of the pin.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#13]
The Tobh is hitting now I think. Pretty sure anyway. You certainly wouldn't wait long.

And Victor is on to something too.

Turns out this may be easier than I thought it would be...

As I've also noticed that details for clones tends to be quite sparse.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks but it's actually the exact opposite of what I'm looking for I don't think it'll work real well trying to drill through a screw in post. I think that'll compromise the threads to much if the hole isn't perfectly centered. I'm looking for a floating pin that seats via friction. That way if my drill wanders towards the outside diameter, it's not going to compromise the function of the pin.
View Quote

Ohhhhhhhhh, now I understand. Best of luck with the search
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remove the pin and chock it in some rubber, drill slowly

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Check into this one maybe?

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Jump to 9mins

The Infinite clones appear just as good:

http://www.whitestagvapor.com/infinite-stillare-rda-clone-round-2/

The question I have, is whether construction will allow juice to flow up and out.

We're assuming they're open between the 510 pin and the posts. I'm not sure that's the case though.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#18]
The Enigma is another possibility

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007833/1687001

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Was looking at that Stillair on ebay last night. It does look like it would do the trick.

I'm out of town next week so I won't order anything 'til mid next week, but this one is top of the list so far. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting. Checked out of couple of those on ebay last night but the versions I saw had slotted 510's. The fastech one looks like it would work but I'm not gonna wait on the slow boat to get my mobile sub-ohm lets-be-obnoxious cloud machine kicking
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Was looking at that Stillair on ebay last night. It does look like it would do the trick.

I'm out of town next week so I won't order anything 'til mid next week, but this one is top of the list so far. Thanks
View Quote

Good thing i know somewhere that has some rda's for you to look at...

Ok, i might be looking at a few too..
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Interesting. Checked out of couple of those on ebay last night but the versions I saw had slotted 510's. The fastech one looks like it would work but I'm not gonna wait on the slow boat to get my mobile sub-ohm lets-be-obnoxious cloud machine kicking
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just select ePacket.

Takes 10 days. Lots of reports of this.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stillare clone just popped up on VaporJoes for $20:  http://101vape.com/rebuildable-atomizers-tanks/292-stillare-clone-atomizer-.html#oid=1003_178
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Stillare clone just popped up on VaporJoes for $20:  http://101vape.com/rebuildable-atomizers-tanks/292-stillare-clone-atomizer-.html#oid=1003_178
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Went ahead and ordered the Stillair as well as a plain ol' IGO-W. One or the other should work I think. Thanks all for the suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top