Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2018 11:43:20 PM EDT
I have an old HD leather jacket that I’ve owned since 1987, and it was well-worn when I got it. Over the years it’s been on many riding and other adventures with me, but it has ‘shrunk’. It’s XL in size but I need at least a 2XL Tall or larger. It’s also not fit as a riding jacket anymore, since I and it’s previous owner did not baby it. I’d like to sell it in order to fund a better coat that is my size and more suited as a protective garment when I ride.

Since the original ‘AMF Harley Davidson’ tag is missing from the collar, is it worth it to try and sell to a vintage clothing store? Nashville is quite the hipster town and has several places that sell stuff like this. Anyone have any other ideas that aren’t eBay for me to sell it?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Bring it to the Antique Archeology place in TN. See if they want it.

Nashville Store
Mon-Sat: 10am - 6pm
Sunday: 11am - 4pm

(615) 810-9906
[email protected]

1300 Clinton St., Suite 130
(Marathon Village),
Nashville, TN 37203
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I talked to their buyer today and it’s not old enough by a few decades. They’re looking for 50s-era and D-pocket jackets, and mine is from the mid/late 70s.

Oh, well, maybe I’ll give it to one of my grandkids when they get old enough. Their parents are all too big to wear it, though they all did then they were kids.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#3]
@ironhandjohn

Try this place. I bought some silver gifts from them recently. They like the vintage motorcycle stuff as well.

Link Posted: 10/15/2018 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@ironhandjohn

Try this place. I bought some silver gifts from them recently. They like the vintage motorcycle stuff as well.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/471670/Screenshot_20181015-064551_Instagram-705898.jpg
View Quote
I’ll check them out, too. I tried Black Shag Vintage in the way home, but that place and the owner gave me a weird vibe. I get the desire for vintage rocker stuff, but $500 for an Iron Maiden concert t-shirt is obscene.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top