Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2018 1:19:51 AM EDT
Received my degrees of entered apprentice tonight. My brother in law helped me through it. And my father read the final citation. It was a good night.

My old man and I have always been close. But tonight was a special event to say the least.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations, Brother!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
That's fantastic Brother.  I hope you enjoy your journey
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats Br. Kudos for keeping the tradition alive in your family.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations Brother!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats Brother!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats and Welcome Brother!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#7]
It's so wonderful to sit in Lodge with you're father, or son(s).  I've had the honor for our two boys.

Funny story.  When I was MIGM of Grand Council, I installed my son as TIM of our local Council.  He immediately jumped on his newly acquired power and asked if, "Companion John" wanted to make any remarks.  I responded, "That's Most Illustrious Companion John, to you."

I wish I had had the opportunity to be a Brother to my Dad, but he died when I was 11.  Savor this very special time together.

Again congratulations, Brother!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys.

All of us have been masons back to at least both my great grandfathers. It was pretty cool having my father there. We may have stayed up a little too late drinking scotch last night.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Congratulations. It is a great feeling.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]
And tonight, another cool thing happened.

My mother, who has been active in eastern star and rainbow for girls came by tonight.

Tomorrow is my 39th birthday and she wanted to give me a gift.

She’s not sure if these were her fathers, or her grandfathers but these are family heirlooms. 14k gold and onyx I think, she wanted me to have them.

A special gift for sure.

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And tonight, another cool thing happened.

My mother, who has been active in eastern star and rainbow for girls came by tonight.

Tomorrow is my 39th birthday and she wanted to give me a gift.

https://i.postimg.cc/hGtxcgQp/6-E36-F25-C-64-BC-4-DF8-BC6-D-BE2-F85-C6-DEA7.jpg

She’s not sure if these were her fathers, or her grandfathers but these are family heirlooms. 14k gold and onyx I think, she wanted me to have them.

A special gift for sure.

https://i.postimg.cc/cLmYp6Cv/31-EE4-A57-E789-4690-B092-073-E9-F4-D118-F.jpg
View Quote
Beautiful! Very cool!
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations brother!

I do my Master Mason degree tomorrow. It hasn't been a tradition in my family,but I just found out that my Grandfather was a Mason, as was my wife's Grandfather. I'm sorry neither of them could have lived long enough to share tomorrow with me.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#13]
That is a special and and meaningful gift for sure. Certainly gives you a reason to get a tailored french cuff shirt. It has been so long since I have worn one it seems that they shrink from non use. After moving to Fl the only time I wear long pants is at church or lodge.

Congratulations on being raised while your father could share the moment with you. One of my biggest regrets is not seeking the light while my dad was still with us. In fact, it was my looking to insure that his Masonic affairs were in order at his passing that led me to Freemasonry. The questions asked on this forum, and the gracious answers provided by the brothers here were the driving force leading to my petition.

Congratulations brother!  Enjoy the rights and priviledges of the craft!
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks guys. So the cuff links were confirmed by extended family to be pappys. My great grandfather. I’m going to try and contact some distant cousins on moms side to see just how far back we can trace.

As for my fathers side. He knows at the very least that his grandfather was a mason. Unfortunately an unscrupulous uncle of mine snatched up anything that may have had perceived value and sold it. So anything from his side of the family is gone forever.....

Looking forward to the next step.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Congrats !
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Congratulations, and welcome.

I remember that day well.  I was fortunate enough to have my father and grandfather there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top