Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 9/11/2010 10:10:18 AM EDT
I have  a 5 month old boxer puppy.  She has been potty trained for about 2 months now.  All of the sudden she will not pee outside but is now preferring to pee in my kitchen /dining room.  Both of these rooms are tile so cleanup is no big deal.  But why all of the sudden is the dog doing this?   It has happened the last 3 days in a row.  Say about 6 times total.  I have not neglected her, she is generally in a good mood when this happens. And it is not just a little accident.  It almost seems like she has been holding it in, and now it is time to relax.  I do take her out any time she sits at the door.  Because generally I need to water down the rose bushes to.  She always is my little shadow and I know when she needs to get out.  I am a little frustrated now because she is peeing more inside than out.  I do have a kennel for her outside which she enjoys thoroughly. And she sleeps inside in a spacious crate at night.  We play outside quite a bit also.  If my day permits I like to take her with me wherever I go.  Anyone have a idea why this is happening?  And does anyone have any helpful hints on how to curb this pattern?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok this is just my personal experience so take it for what it is worth.  I have a Lab/Pyr mix and she had the same issues.  She would be seem to be completely house broken for weeks and then she would start having accidents inside.  Eventually we figured out that these accidents were happening during growth spurts.  When the growth spurt was over, she would stop peeing in the house.  The only good news is, she stopped growing around 10 months LOL!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#2]
My boxer did the same thing.  Learned to go outside, then had times when he had accidents.  Just keep up your training.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top