Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 8/24/2020 4:14:56 PM EDT
I missed being able to download Elmer Keith's "Hell, I was There" when archive.org had it available.

Does anyone know where I could download a PDF copy to read?  I've seen it on some sites, but you either have to register or pay before download.  I'm looking for a site that has it where I can just download it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
In for answer.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this a copyrighted work?
View Quote

Good question!  I was curious, so I looked it up.  It was published in 1979.  According to copyright.gov, since it was published after 1978, the copyright is for the life of the author, plus 70 years.  Since Elmer died in 1984, it won't be in the public domain until 2054.  I had heard it was removed from archive.org because of his "colorful language in describing people", but it may have been a copyright violation instead.

Oh well.  It needs to be reprinted, since paper copies are very expen$ive...
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
his book SIXGUNS is cheap and available on Amazon

book or kindle form

it’s a great book

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 5:28:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I read it via PDF 5 or so years ago. A good read for sure. Different times, different folks
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I was lucky enough to snag a hardback with the jacket cover several years ago for the princely price of $0.

It is definitely a must read. Yes some of the language was not what we commonly hear today but it was what was used in his day.

They could always put one of these disclaimers in it:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#7]
https://www.pdfdrive.com

You most likely will find what you are looking for here.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top