Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2018 2:00:26 PM EDT
I’m going to need to put books and other items in storage soon. Would a temperature controlled setup be best?
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind. It's needed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Donate them to GoodWill and take a huge tax write-off then buy digital in the future?
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Donate them to GoodWill and take a huge tax write-off then buy digital in the future?
View Quote
Books are worth keeping.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Books are worth keeping.
View Quote
I read 6 a week while writing my own, my personal library got too full and I had to overcome that need to keep every book in my house. There are places that store books professionally, it is not your personal job to do it. This is why Kindle Paperwhites are amazing, millions of books in the palm of your hand.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Temperature extremes won't be good for them.  But freezing a box of books won't do eally harm them either.  It's mostly the heat and moisture you want to consider.

I had to box a lot of books once for long-term storage.  I used a black garbage bag as a box liner, put all the books into that (and threw in a roach bait), sealed it, then closed up the box and sealed the seams with packing tape.  They sat for a couple years and were fine.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top