Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 4:38:52 PM EDT
Anyone going to give it a shot.  I just bought the audiobook.  Will update.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Is that the title of the book?  
What's it about?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that the title of the book?  
What's it about?

It's Glenn Beck's latest book about how we got to the mess that we are in, Financially and Culturally, in this country today.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/books/#Broke

I'd like to pick it up sometime but I'm trying to finish the Vince Flynn - Mitch Rapp Series now.  I just finished Act of Treason last night. After that I'd like to pick it up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like I'll be reading it. My son surprised me with a copy in the mail today.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up the hardcover the day before "official" release at Hastings.

I'm still in the first half of the book and I have to admit that it is excellent.

It is much more of a text book for adults than the typical mudslinging finger pointing books I thought it would be.

The section on the founding fathers was very eye opening and Glenn pointing out that thrift has become a four letter word hit me like a sack of bricks.

This book has hit me on a very personal level because my wife and I have made it our #1 goal to become debt free and we are accomplishing that goal through willpower, brain power, overtime and ambition.

I can't yet recommend the book because he may end up going off the deep... but at the halfway point it looks like I'll be buying several copies for Christmas and mailing them to friends and family.

It's refreshing to read a book that pinpoints the roots of our problems and suggests solutions, rather than character assassination and finger pointing.

Anyway, back to reading... I actually came here to start a thread about the book.

Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top