Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/11/2008 1:46:02 AM EDT
I havent been around this forum in awhile, and now that I am back I see that there is this music section. WAY COOL

Anyway, I have a Fender Strat MIM, an Ibanez Artcore AG85, a Fender 12 string accoustic, and just bought an Ibanez, Iceman ICB300 Bass.

Ive been in the market for an accoustic/electric lately. I have played some really nice Taylors in Guitar Center, but have heard some good things about Martins, and Takamine.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 2:03:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Enigma102083] [#1]
I play a Samual Shen violin with a matched bow made in 1999.  I paid 1800 with a full set of strings and a good case.

Here's me playing:Allegro from Sonata No. III by G.F. Handel
Forgive the poor recording, I did it in my room with a small desktop mic.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 4:55:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an Ibanez acoustic, some old mexican JOM acoustic, a Fender MIM strat, an Epiphone LesPaul, an Ibanez troubador, jay turser practice amp, and a Gretsch tube amp. I started playing a few years ago and have slowly been getting better and better, but don't consider myself anywhere past intermediate.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 9:49:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RichardCranium033] [#5]

Very nice collection!!

Here is one of me and some of my stuff..

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a black ESP Viper from the custom shop, and a Ovation acoustic.

My amp is a Dual Rectifier, peavey 4x12, korg dtr rack tuner, and a hush pedal.  Pretty rockin' set up.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:20:10 AM EDT
[#7]
A few Gibson's and an amp.

My project LP:
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Some of my favorite amps and guitars...

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 1:14:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Nice LP's! Where's the tube amp? One thing I've learned is that you can take an inexpensive guitar (with decent pickups) and make it sound awesome with a great tube amp. But it doesn't matter how good the guitar is, through a cheap amp it'll still sound cheap. Let's see a Bogner or Matchless in there!
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#10]
lol no tube, yet!  I have my Marshall VS currently and IMO it sounds just fine. But then again maybe I just haven't heard a great amp in a long time?

I am on the lookout for a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, however.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 1:29:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Label] [#11]
Originally Posted By USP45Tim:
lol no tube, yet!  I have my Marshall VS currently and IMO it sounds just fine. But then again maybe I just haven't heard a great amp in a long time?

I am on the lookout for a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, however.

I've owned most amps that cost under $2K (and one over that). I owned a Valvestate a long time ago. They are okay for practice. But trust me, there's no comparison between that and a real tube amp. If you intend to gig, then that Mesa would be great. If you just plan on playing at home, it's hard to beat tube amps in the 5-15 watt range.

Anyways... didn't mean to dog you, just wanted your amp to be worthy of your nice axes.

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 1:48:59 AM EDT
[#12]
yeah I'm pretty much a home player. But thanks for the advice! My axes deserve a better player because I'm horrible.

Between work and school I hardly get to play. Ah well...
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 5:02:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I've got a Jackson PC1 in Chlorine, an Ibanez RG320FM in Transparent Amber with the EMG ZW pickups, a Peavey 5150 combo, an ARTSGX2000 effect unit, a Bogen CHB35 tube amp that me and my friend made into a 1x12 combo, and 2 Behringer Virtualizers and one Behrenger Modulizer. I use the Mod for cab simulation, and used to use one of the Virts for chorus/flange. The ART unit (great Def Lep tone, along with many others)has replaced the Virts, but I have only played with it a few days as i got back on the boat 3 days after I got it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:43:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Howdy dudes, hope today is treating you well;

ESP George Lynch Kamikaze 2
ESP/LTD pre-Gibson Lawsuit Explorer w/ EMG 81 / 60 & Floyd Rose (Metallic Purple)
Gibson J180EC Electric Acoustic (Black)
Gibson ES-137 Classic, Blues Burst, Nickel Hardware
Gibson 1964 Byrdland, Sunburst, Gold Hardware (Ted Nugent's #2 guitar)
Fender American Strat (Custom built by me with a Jimi Hendrix neck, pale blue metallic body, and Kirk Hammett's KH21 EMG Pickup set [81 / 81])
Fender Mexican Strat [in Progress] Olive drab, black diamond plate pickguard, EMG SV set, #130 painted in black stencil on the body [or so the idea is... got all the parts now... finishing the work]

Also have a cheap Epiphone acoustic...

Lots of mics, recording stuff and effects pedals... three wahs (Jimi Hendrix Fuzz/Wah, Zakk Wylde's Wah, and the good ol' fashioned Crybaby)

Amp is a Marshall TSL122 150w 2x12 all tube monster.

That's it for now...

My drums are cooler... lol
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 10:47:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Green_Canoe] [#15]
My wife and I both play.  She mainly plays the bass and I mainly the guitar, but we do cross over, so I'll list everything between the two of us:

Peavey Nitro (metal guitar)
Peavey Falcon w/ vintage wound pickups (twangy guitar)
Godin Exit 22 (jack of all trades guitar)
Homemade 5 watt tube amp based on the JCM800
40 watt Seymour Duncan 84-40 tube amp I don't use now that I've made the 5 watt JCM800
I have effects but never use them.

Ibanez 4 string bass standard tuning.
Squire P-bass strung BEAD
50 watt solid state bass amp  (I'm currently working on a bass amp bassed off the Ampeg B-15N, but it's going slowly)

Fender and Yamaha acoustic guitars and a couple practice amps along w/ mics 'n stuff.

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Jackson Kelly
ada mp-1 pre amp, no mods.
vht 2/50/2 power amp
tc electronics g-major effects processor.

and when I'm at college here, I have a nice full recording studio to play with. Being in the music club rocks. I can plug my guitar into their setup and pick out a list of amps from their software to mimic. It is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#18]
yeah, i got the Bogen on ebay for like 15 dollars back in 00.  my friend is a furniture maker and he built me a cabinet to house it and the 80 watt Celestion silver series speaker i had from another project.  i basically use it to amplify the sound of my effect rig, as it doesn't color the sound as much as a real guitar amp does, this being a PA amp.  i've thought about buying more of them and doing a similar thing, but i may get some of those little tubeamps that are out now and make a "stereo" unit to get the chorus to sound richer.

faceplate is still in development. this is a prototype

with the axe
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got a 71 gibson LG-0 (acoustic, my dads old one)
Dean Vendetta 1 (cheap, first electric)
Schecter C/SH-12 (12 string semi-hollow electric)
Custom Maplecaster (Homebuilt, semihollow alder body, quilt maple top, thinline maple neck, clear coat with no pickguard)
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#20]
My drums...

I play DW Collector's Series maple drums in Deep Blue Oyster finish with black hardware.  8, 10, 12, 14 and 16 toms, 22" kick with an internally shock mounted Beta 52 kick mic.

I also have a Tama Starclassic kit in the white oyster finish with 10, 12 and 14 toms and the 22" kick.

Roland TD6
Roland SPD-S with additional pads, foot triggers and expression pedals

DW 5x14 Collector's Series Maple Snare (Natural finish) Wood Hoops
DW 5x14 Edge Series (Lake Superior Birch) 24kt gold hardware, Candy Black Lacquer fade
DW 6x14 Edge Neil Peart Rush 30th Anniversary Snare (Black mirra finish, 24kt gold hardware)
DW 5x14 Black Nickel steel snare w/ black hardware
Pearl 5x14 Free Floating Snare (Natural finish, chrome hardware)
DW/PDP 6x10 Soprano Snare (Black finish, black hardware)
Pearl 14x16 Free Floating Marching Snare (Aurora Blue) Remo Kevlar heads
Premier 4x14 Piccolo snare (Natural, chrome hardware)
Ludwig 5x14 Supraphonic snare (Black sparkle finish, chrome hardware)
Pork Pie 6.5x14 "Big Black" brass snare (replica of the ol' Ludwig black beauty)

At last count my collection of cymbals was more than 60, mostly Zildjian K and K customs, but a few Sabians (21" HH Raw Bell Dry Ride, 19" Neil Peart Paragon China [2 of 'em])  My typical setup for gigs is 13" Zildjian Avedis top, Z Custom bottom, 19" and 20" A Custom crashes, the 21" Sabian HH Raw Bell Dry Ride, and a 19" K Custom China.

I record with whatever sounds the best for the room... I've got four sets of hats to pick from, and half a dozen ride cymbals including a 20" Avedis Zildjian "Earth" Ride, a 20" K Heavy Ride, and so on...

I've got more stuff, but I can't ever remember it all.  

DW Rack & arms, as well as Pearl ICON rack & all their high end hardware... cool stuff...

-Dave
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ronburgundy:
I've got a 71 gibson LG-0 (acoustic, my dads old one)
Dean Vendetta 1 (cheap, first electric)
Schecter C/SH-12 (12 string semi-hollow electric)
Custom Maplecaster (Homebuilt, semihollow alder body, quilt maple top, thinline maple neck, clear coat with no pickguard)

?
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]
ESP Les Paul copy w/ duncan distortion trembucker
peavey xxx w/bbe sonic maximizer
vader 4x12 cabinet
vader 2x15 cabinet inbound
jackson took a beating on the road over the summer and got added to the "home only" collection
ill have pics of the jam room one of these days
serious volume going on in there
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Fantastic gear guys!

Me:
AMSE 50th two-tone Anniversery Strat
'62 reissue Strat
MIM Strat
'72 reissue Telecaster Thinline
Michael Kelly Phoenix semi-hollowbody
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 2:41:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demordrah] [#24]
This is an old picture (and admittedly not the greatest);

The one on the left is a no-name POS.  Thing doesn't stay in tune, the action is brutally high and it sounds like junk.  That being said, it was the very first guitar I ever had.  My mother bought it for me when I was like 10 years old, so there it will remain.

Continuing to the right in the back;

Ibanez RG517 in Black Pearl (this model was later renamed the RG570)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez RG7620 7-string in Vampire Kiss red
Ibanez SR300 bass (I don't actually play bass, I bought it on a whim to fool with)

Front and center is my Gibson Gothic Explorer

I have added an Ibanez AEF37E Acoustic in Transparent Black Cherry Sunburst, but I haven't photographed it yet.

My amps are nothing spectacular, but they work well enough for a home hobby.  I have an old Crate G130C XL that belonged to my father, and a Rogue CG50B for my bass.  I *really* want to get a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier.

I also have an original Cry Baby wah pedal which also belonged to my father, as well as an old Digitech RP6 multi-effects processor.

ETA: Just picked up a new amp recently.  I got an Ibanez TBX150R ... 150 Watt 2x12 combo.  The thing drips metal and is loud as sin, I LOVE it!
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#25]

I really like the look and sound of those ESP's, but could never get comfortable with the frets. I wish I could find one with vintage style frets. Everyone I've tried has Jumbos. ESP's Strat copy is great, as well.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
All I have is a Mexi-Strat and a couple of amps - a Fender Blues Jr. and a Line 6 Spider 30.  I wanna get a semi-hollow electric next.

I've gigged many a night with nothing more than a Mexican Fender and a TS9 hooked into a Blues, Jr.

There's alot to be said for keeping it simple, and letting your fingers and soul do the talkin'!

To make an analogy, a Fender Blues, Jr. and MIM Tele is kinda like the AK-47 of the music world. There just ain't much that it won't do.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll play

Acoustics:

Taylor 555 12 String with upgrades (matched top and sides, pickup)
Taylor Big Baby
Taylor Baby
Martin 0-15 (circa 1958)
Johnson Brass Resonator
Regal Resonator

Electrics:
Gibson Flying V II serial #1
Gibson Explorer 1980 White, last of the Nitro Finishes faded to a nice mellow Yellow
Gibson Les Paul Special Double Cut P90's
Epi Korina V added SD JB's
Epi Korina Explorer added SD distortions and Butterfly Klusons
1966 Gibson T-bird non reverse bass with Factory Gold finish
FrankenStrat  Koa body forget what Pu's in it Sperzels
FrankenTele Butterscotch body Mini SDJB neck SD single coil stack bridge
TacoStrat w texas Specials
Kay 6 string lap steel
GeorgeBoards Double 8 Maple lap Steel
Carter Pedal Steel
Gibson Maruader POS

Keys:
Hammond XK-3
Kurzweil Stage 79
Wurlitzer 210(40? I forget) electric piano

Amps

Fender Bassman59 RI
Fender Bassman 62 creme bone stock original
Fender Bassman 66 Black Face bone stock original W/smallbox cab
Fender Bassman 69 Silverface
Fender Bassman 70 Silverface modded to hell(by me) EL34's, OEI Plexi output Tranny,
pre and post PI MV's, boost and cuts... My GO TO Amp
Fender Twin Reverb  Silver Face 1978
Fender Vibro Champ
Fender Champ with "Tweed Switch" go to harp amp with green bullet
Mesa Rocket Reverb in Anvil Case with original hang tags
ADA Rocket "Boo-Teek"  Amp #1 Serial, was at NAMM show before ADA went tits up
Homebrew 18 watt Marshallish 1 x 12 combo built by moi, with mods learned from the Bassman mods see above.
Homebrew Single ended EL34 ala "plexi" My first build a jilliion years ago
Uncompleted Weber Small box JTM 45 Kit

Racks of gear and Mic's and stuff... Ok I give up...
already forgetting stuff... I posted My PA before and there is a bunch of recording stuff too
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic Series

Fender electric/acoustic (I have no idea the model or specs)

Some Fender amp.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:19:36 AM EDT
[#31]
G&L ASAT Classic
Gibson Les Paul Silverburst (Guitar Center one)
Takamine FD360SC
Fender MIM Strat with a spilt coil humbucker in the bridge
Vox AC30
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

And a fiddle- that I actually know how to play..... LOL
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Demordrah:
This is an old picture (and admittedly not the greatest);

http://home.comcast.net/~Demordrah/DigitalPhotos/Axes.jpg

The one on the left is a no-name POS.  Thing doesn't stay in tune, the action is brutally high and it sounds like junk.  That being said, it was the very first guitar I ever had.  My mother bought it for me when I was like 10 years old, so there it will remain.

Continuing to the right in the back;

Ibanez RG517 in Black Pearl (this model was later renamed the RG570)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez RG7620 7-string in Vampire Kiss red
Ibanez SR300 bass (I don't actually play bass, I bought it on a whim to fool with)

Front and center is my Gibson Gothic Explorer

I have added an Ibanez AEF37E Acoustic in Transparent Black Cherry Sunburst, but I haven't photographed it yet.

My amps are nothing spectacular, but they work well enough for a home hobby.  I have an old Crate G130C XL that belonged to my father, and a Rogue CG50B for my bass.  I *really* want to get a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier.

I also have an original Cry Baby wah pedal which also belonged to my father, as well as an old Digitech RP6 multi-effects processor.

Nice, dude... I always wanted one of those Gibson Goth Explorers... I had an Epi that I tossed an EMG 60 / 89 in and it was pretty rockin', but I was offered more than I paid for it so I had to let it go...
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#33]
*doesn't feel the string player love*
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:41:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Label] [#34]
Originally Posted By JarHead94:

To make an analogy, a Fender Blues, Jr. and MIM Tele is kinda like the AK-47 of the music world. There just ain't much that it won't do.

'Cept for anything rock or metal?

If you throw a humbucker (and a coil-splitter switch) into a Strat, then I could be okay with that being the AK47 of the music world. But not a Blues Jr. I've owned a lot of Fender amps over the years, and even with pedals I've never found one that I could stand for hard rock/metal. They're just not designed for that. And conversely, I've never found a Marshall that I could stand for country or jazz. So I've spend the past 23 years of my pro-gigging career looking for that "perfect" Swiss Army Knife of an amp for rock/metal and country. I've found some nice ones, but nothing perfect yet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Red_Label:
Originally Posted By JarHead94:

'Cept for anything rock or metal?

If you throw a humbucker (and a coil-splitter switch) into a Strat, then I could be okay with that being the AK47 of the music world. But not a Blues Jr. I've owned a lot of Fender amps over the years, and even with pedals I've never found one that I could stand for hard rock/metal. They're just not designed for that. And conversely, I've never found a Marshall that I could stand for country or jazz. So I've spend the past 23 years of my pro-gigging career looking for that "perfect" Swiss Army Knife of an amp for rock/metal and country. I've found some nice ones, but nothing perfect yet.

Well, we just gotta agree to disagree.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Some of my stuff:

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:11:47 AM EDT
[#37]
No pics.

Guitars. Samick-Valley Arts strat clone with locking trem and Roland GK-2 pickup.
Yamaha APX-500 acoustic. I'm currently considering an APX-700 12 string as well.

Bass. Yamaha RBX-170 beginner bass. Yamaha RBX-375 5 string bass.
An acoustic bass guitar is a possibility in the future but no firm plans for one right now.

Amps. Peavey Classic 30 guitar amp. Fender Bassman 25 bass amp.

Roland GR-50 guitar synth processor (fed by the GK-2 pickup on the strat clone).
Roland GP-16 multi-effects processor.
Boss ME-30 multi effects.

Korg Wavestation-EX synth keyboard.
Boss DR-5 drum machine.

Presonus Firepod recording interface
Cubase Studio 4 recording software running on a Win XP PC
Amplitube-2 amp and effects simulation software.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#38]
2007 Gibson Explorer with a Randall RG50TC amp and a Boss pedal.

Explorers rule!!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By paraguy:
2007 Gibson Explorer with a Randall RG50TC amp and a Boss pedal.

Explorers rule!!!

Ive been wanting an explorer. They are definatly cool!

Everyone here has some nice gear!
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Bought this one today......

2008 Gibson Slash Signature tobacco sunburst.

Link Posted: 11/26/2008 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Bought this one today...... SNIP

That is beautiful!
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 9:56:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: outdoorgb] [#46]
Originally Posted By totalabuse:
Bought this one today...... SNIP

That is beautiful!

Nice....One of the best bursts I've seen!

Link Posted: 11/27/2008 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#48]
'73 Les Paul Custom
late-80's Fender American Strat
Taylor 315CE
Danelectro Baritone
late-80's Peavey Vandenberg
Norman acoustic
Yamaha BB1000MA bass
Premier Genista drum kit
MESA/Boogie .50 Caliber half-stack
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Ibanez SR800A
Peavey cabinet - single 15"
Peavey 225W head
Danelectro pedal

But I don't play anymore.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 12:27:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CDP1911] [#50]
Ok I'll play.

Seems, like I am one of the only bass players here:

'76 Fender Jazz Bass
Custom F Bass BNF5 - Fretless 5 string
Custom F Bass BNF5 - Fretless 5 string
Custom F Bass BN5 - Fretted 5 string
Custom Stambaugh - Fretless 4 string
Roscoe SKB3005 - Fretted 5 String
Godin LR/Baggs - Fretless 4 String
ESP 155DX

Alembic F1X pre amp
QSC MX 700 power amp
SWR Goliath
SWR Goliath jr

Trace Elliot Boxer 30

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top