Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2014 9:00:30 AM EDT
I was at the music store a good friend of mine works at yesterday, and picked up a mahogany Taylor GS mini they'd just gotten in. I must say, I'm blown away at how good it sounds for how much it costs. I don't think I've ever played a guitar that sounds that good for just $500. Its also the first "Travel size" guitar I've ever played and was surprised at how natural it felt. Anyone own one of these? I might buy myself an early christmas present this week!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#1]
How's it play?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It plays and sounds surprisingly like a full size guitar. The scale length is over an inch shorter than my Taylor T5, but i found it to be no trouble to adapt. The action was very nice, and it has a very big sound. The mahogany version sounded much fuller than the spruce GS mini that I picked up as well. The spruce model was a little twangier and a little ligher sounding, whereas the Mahogany was fuller and more balanced. Both were very comfortable to play.

ETA: And as I said, it sounds and plays better than every one of the lower priced guitars I've owned.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that the one with the bolt on neck? If so, yeah I tried one out one time in a store and was impressed with how it played and sounded.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I played my nephew's last night.  Damn, what sweet action.  Easy to fret, wonderful harmonics with lots of sustain.  

Fantastic guitar, no wonder the big name performers play them on stage.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:22:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Definitely on my short list.  

Especially with my little midget arms.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpP7psTN7GA

View Quote

I love watching those guys. . Favorite overall instrument / gear reviewers on YouTube.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I love watching those guys. . Favorite overall instrument / gear reviewers on YouTube.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpP7psTN7GA

Agreed!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top