Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2013 2:12:16 PM EDT
Yesterday We went to the small airport in Blairsville Ga nearby to see a few pieces of history. These bird are part of the Collings Foundation

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_aircraft.htm

First up is a P51 trainer. These pictures were taken as it landed. They were giving 1/2 hour rides for $2200.00  

Next up we have a B17J

And last we have a B24J

But first my grand daughter

My conclusions from the day

1) After banging my head, and knees walking through these planes, I now realize the Air Force was comprised of midgets during WWII.

2) I give a lot of credit to the men and woman who work so hard to preserve these beautiful planes. Not an easy, or cheap proposition.

3) This is the first time I've gotten a chance to walk inside these types of planes. WWII vets were free, and everyone else was 12.00. At first I thought it was a bit high, but it was worth every penny.

4) And I even got a chance to meet some local SeaBee vets. You'd be surprised how rare of an event that is. As much as I hate hats, I think I'll get a SeaBee ball cap. That's how I knew who they were and I approached them to introduce myself and share a few stories.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! I love it when the Collings Foundation comes through town.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Great pics, I love taking my son to see aircraft whenever I can.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the post!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Great pics. They were here in Seattle about 2 months ago. I didn't get to take a ground tour, because they had closed the ground tours so they could take people up flying.

I had been on the ground tour about 15 years ago. It's worth every penny.

Seeing those planes from the inside helps one to better get an idea of what the flyers went through in WWII. They have my undying gratitude and respect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top