Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2007 2:38:40 PM EDT
Let's just say I bought a couple of rather costly cigars on my vacation to Canada two weeks ago and had planned to save them for a special occasion.  I can't wait anymore.  One will be smoked tonight.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Right on! That is the hardest thing about having humidors.Whenever I buy a couple boxes of cigars,I always let them sit in the humidor for at least 3 weeks,man I feel like a junkie white-knuckle it waiting for my next fix! I always have back-up smoke but still,I already know what they taste like! Good luck,and good smoke!
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
What an awesome cigar!  It was a Romeo y Julieta Romeo Nov. 2.  I smoked it while sipping about five shots of tequila.  Sad that I'll have to go back to Canada to get more of these fine smokes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
For what I paid for it, it better be!  But you're right.  I should try a legal one for comparison.

ETA:  I read some reviews on line.  The Cuban is hand made and is far superior to the legal ones you can get in the U.S.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For what I paid for it, it better be!  But you're right.  I should try a legal one for comparison.

ETA:  I read some reviews on line.  The Cuban is hand made and is far superior to the legal ones you can get in the U.S.

I read that when Castro "took over" the cigar industry in Cuba that a lot of the manufacturers left for countries like Nicaragua, etc. When they left they took their seeds so they could grow the same lines.

So what makes the difference now, the soil it is grown in? The ones you get in the US are hand made also.

I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm curious if it is honestly better.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:14:17 AM EDT
[#5]
IMHO, for the same brand, the cubans ones taste better than the non-cuban brands, like Monticirsto non-cuban are never as tasty as Cuban Monticirsto.

On the other hand, like Fuente, Ashton, Pradron, Lo Flor...etc., they stand on their own, they are equal or better than Cubans of the same price range.

On the other hand, flavors and taste are very subjective, it is more an individual thing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I read that when Castro "took over" the cigar industry in Cuba that a lot of the manufacturers left for countries like Nicaragua, etc. When they left they took their seeds so they could grow the same lines.

So what makes the difference now, the soil it is grown in? The ones you get in the US are hand made also.

I agree with you.  If I can buy legal ones that are that good, I'm in.  This cigar was so smooth.  I smoked it about 12 hours ago and can't taste it in my mouth anymore.  The Punch I smoked the other night (see other post) I could taste for 24 hours.

I do have some complaints about the Romeo #2 though.  It burned unevenly from the start and I had to light it up at least twice more.  It lasted a long time though -- more than an hour.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Years ago,my Dad Got me a commemorative box of R&J's. They were the gold banded ones that cam in the silver tube. Damn! Those things were the smooooothest cigar I have EVER smoked! I got them back in '99 or '01,can't remember,but I have ONE left. Every once in a while I'll take her out of her home and smell her up...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well the big question has always been what makes Cuban cigars better than non-cubans. It's a mix of everything: the air, the water, the dirt and what is in it. For example, Cuba has a huge amount of Lithium in their soil, much greater than anywhere else tobacco is grown, this can affect taste and how the cigar makes you feel.

Generally I prefer cuban cigars to non-cuban but there are a few non-cubans that I really enjoy as well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well the big question has always been what makes Cuban cigars better than non-cubans. It's a mix of everything: the air, the water, the dirt and what is in it. For example, Cuba has a huge amount of Lithium in their soil, much greater than anywhere else tobacco is grown, this can affect taste and how the cigar makes you feel.

Generally I prefer cuban cigars to non-cuban but there are a few non-cubans that I really enjoy as well.

Hey that makes sense.

Thats funny stuff raygixxer89.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top