Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2023 3:55:57 PM EDT
I've been using a basic cheap V cutter on my box pressed but it seems to tear the cap on some of them.  It's not the end of the world but having to tear off some loose leaf is annoying.

I'd like to get something of better quality but it seems like no matter the brand, there are mixed reviews.  Whats everyone out there in arfworld using and what do you like/dislike about it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Colibri DeepV. I’ve cut thousands of cigars with mine over the last couple years as a rep. Still rock solid.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Colibri and Xikar V-cutters are both great, sharp, solid cutters. The Colibri has a deeper cut and the Xikar has an integrated cigar rest. They’re spendy but I’m of the school of thought that the only cigar accessory worth spending money on is a good quality cutter. It’ll last a long time and lessen the chances of cap damage and wrapper unraveling. I used to buy expensive butane lighters but the jets invariably clog up even with highly refined butane.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a few nice V cutters,  but they will all occasionally mess up a cap.  Same goes for flat cuts.  If a cap looks like it might have an issue, I use a punch unless it’s a torpedo.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been using a basic cheap V cutter on my box pressed but it seems to tear the cap on some of them.  It's not the end of the world but having to tear off some loose leaf is annoying.

I'd like to get something of better quality but it seems like no matter the brand, there are mixed reviews.  Whats everyone out there in arfworld using and what do you like/dislike about it?
View Quote

V-cutters aren’t meant for flat-headed, box pressed cigars.

Get a hole punch for those.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one of these. Has a built in punch and has been a great cutter over probably 100 cigars (mixed between cut and punch).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Colibri SV.
It does V and straight
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Xikar v-cutters are built like a brick shithouse.
View Quote

I have a bunch of cheap plastic ones, but my Xikar has been great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top