Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2022 2:25:03 PM EDT
When I went off to school a long time ago my grandad bought me a Peterson pipe that I have never used.   He thought (from his experience in the war I am guessing)  that all kids who went to college were rich and smoked pipes from what I recall.

In any case I tried it for the first couple times while BBQing last weekend and needless to say am sensing another collection coming on.  I hate that I let it sit around for 25 odd years.

So for I have ordered to go with my peterson:

- A Savinelli Miele
- A Missouri Meerschaum corncob
- A clay pipe mimicked colonial style
- Probably something Dunhill soon.

Looking for opinions on a classy way to store and show the pipes, any good tobacco storage solutions, and of course insider tips and tricks!

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
There's any number of nice pipe stands out there, the vintage ones are nice. Or, if you're at all handy, make one. I've several Petersons, including a full-bent (my favorite style). You can't go wrong with a nice cob, look up "Forever" stems for them, a huge upgrade. That Peterson will only get better as you break it in. I don't smoke much these days, having taken up nasal snuff, but I do fire up a pipe now and again. Enjoy, it's a dying art (and it is a bit of an art, figuring out how to pack properly).

Oh, I decant into little Mason jars, your expensive tobacco will dry out fast if left in the open original packaging.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

- A Savinelli Miele
View Quote

Great choice.  I was eyeing the miele line not too long ago.

Muttonchop piper on YouTube has a wealth of information on pipes, tobacco, technique, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top