Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2014 7:51:28 AM EDT
Anyone else have shipping issues with Cbid as of late? My order has been listed as shipped on their site now for over a week with no tracking info available. I looked around and on another cigar forum several people have had the same issue having it listed as shipped and not shipping for up to 2 weeks. Several people emailed and got a a canned email response from Cbid stating they were having shipping issues. Anyone else experience this as of late?
Seems like if they were having that much of a problem they wouldn't list it as shipped till it actually shipped or put up a notice that were experiencing delays. I have mine set to ship daily, but that really shouldn't impact it because they have it listed as shipped, but it hasn't.

This is the canned email they have been sending out.

We’re very sorry for the delay in shipping your order. We are running on
a slight shipping delay in our warehouse at this time. As you would
expect from CigarBid, we are doing our best to get all packages shipped
out as soon as possible. Once the order is assigned a tracking number,
we will email it to you right away. We certainly understand your
frustration from this unintended disruption. Please accept our sincere
apology for the shipping delay. We have also issued a 50% refund of your
shipping charges to the credit card used for the purchase. If there is
anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Someone else got this one.

We’re very sorry for the delay in shipping your order due to the
overwhelming order volume for the upcoming Father’s Day Holiday. We are
running on a slight shipping delay in our warehouse at this time. As you
would expect from CI, we are doing our best to get all packages shipped
out as soon as possible. Once orders are assigned a tracking number, an
email notification will be sent right away. Please be advised that
orders shipping via free Saver Shipping are delayed by 1-2 business days
due to the processing time of the website promos.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Finally got a tracking number just now for an order that was supposed to ship last Tuesday.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Nearly two weeks for mine and nothing. I sent them an email and nothing.
I just don't see why they can't put up a notice that they are
experiencing heavy volume and expect delays. Still not sure why they
even bother putting shipped on your order on their website if it hasn't
shipped.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I finally got a tracking number for an order that said it was shipped on the third. This is my first purchase through them, not very confident.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a tracking number as well. Expected delivery date puts it at 3-1/2 weeks since the auction closed. If people wanted it before fathers day they better have ordered it before June.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a good reason to support a local b&m.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like a good reason to support a local b&m.
View Quote
I'll remember that next time I want a cigar and want to drive the 90 miles to a real cigar shop. I thought that was the whole point of having the internet and shipping. Someone from Cbid put an answer to the problem on the cbid forums. Didn't sound like much of answer, said they were trying to get orders out for fathers day. Well unless they ordered back in May I'm not sure why they are worried about it now.

I got an emal response as well. They apparently didn't like my suggestion of putting up a notice if they were having shipping delays because it was "unforseeable", did fathers day suddenly move this year? Then she went on and talked about how pickers of orders in the humidor could only carry so many cigars at once. She's confusing her problem with my problem.

It's not even the 3-1/2 weeks. It's why list it on your account page as having been shipped for a week and a half or more if it in fact it hadn't been shipped.

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#7]
So what are the odds that your cigars have been sitting in a box, unhumidified for the last 3 weeks?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 4:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So what are the odds that your cigars have been sitting in a box, unhumidified for the last 3 weeks?
View Quote

none, I talked to them on tuesday. The system marks it as shipped, but they havent been able to box/fill the order. they are jsut backlogged with father's day.

I got a shipping credit on my order when I called to ask what was going on (not to complain) lady on the phone was very helpful
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't had too many issues getting my orders from them as of late, but there has been an extra few day delay between the time my order completes and the time it actually ships. This is definitely different for them as I used to be able to count on arrival of my shipment within 2 business days of order completion like clockwork. The last couple of orders have been slightly delayed by an extra 2-3 days over the last two months, so hopefully they will get over whatever hump they are experiencing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#10]
What really ticks me off is they listed my auction as "shipped" but they admit it didn't really ship for another 2 weeks. But any auciton won after that had it's own multi week wait and didn't get included in the other stuff not shipped.

Apparently they pretty much had a multi week window where they pretty much just ditched those won auctions and skipped them and shipped out newer ones. That's what they did to my auctions. Skipped the old ones and hold onto them and processed the new ones. Apparently they wanted to get the new orders out for fathers day and shit on the old ones.

I've got an auction that actually shipped before an older auction that closed two weeks prior even tho on the older one I had preferences set as ship each day and the newer one I changed to weekly.

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't worry about it.  it'll be like x-mas when you get the package(s)  But then again I order things and forget until I get the box.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I wouldn't worry about it.  it'll be like x-mas when you get the package(s)  But then again I order things and forget until I get the box.  
View Quote

Yeah, just like Christmas where someone gave you the wrong present. They came in today. Three different 5 packs, one of which wasnt what I ordered. Not sure what is going on with CI./CBid.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I called them. I knew it was't right because it was the first auctions I had ever tried to win at CBid after ordering from CI for years, and it wasn't what was listed on my account page on CBid. They acknowledged it wasn't right and said they had shipping issues at the moment. Just decided to keep it and chalk it up to a failed experiment.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I called them. I knew it was't right because it was the first auctions I had ever tried to win at CBid after ordering from CI for years, and it wasn't what was listed on my account page on CBid. They acknowledged it wasn't right and said they had shipping issues at the moment. Just decided to keep it and chalk it up to a failed experiment.
View Quote

I am surprised they didn't just let you keep the mistake and send the correct 5 pack free of charge.  If they are having that many problems the last thing I would want is to try and send something back.  Who knows how long it would take to fix it and send the correct item.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I am surprised they didn't just let you keep the mistake and send the correct 5 pack free of charge.  If they are having that many problems the last thing I would want is to try and send something back.  Who knows how long it would take to fix it and send the correct item.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They refunded my shipping. I don't know if they have someone new running the shipping or maybe the CS. Only reason I say that is everyone makes booboos but on other forums it seems to be a commond thread right now and I never really had any issues with CI and never really remember reading many.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:39:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They refunded my shipping. I don't know if they have someone new running the shipping or maybe the CS. Only reason I say that is everyone makes booboos but on other forums it seems to be a commond thread right now and I never really had any issues with CI and never really remember reading many.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe they RIF'd a bunch of people? tried to do the same workload with less people... or a bunch of people jumping ship because of a poor manager? this could be a symptom of a different problem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top