Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 5:31:39 PM EDT
The local smoke shop has lockers to rent, and a buddy of mine wants me to split the price with him. It's $125 a year for the locker and you get a 15% discount on any purchase while renting the locker, in addition you get 20% off during special events and an invite to a special cigar tasting event. What to you guys think? If I spend $8 a week I will break even on my half of the locker and it is humidified and needs nothing but to be filled.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
So is the real benefit just being able to keep your sticks there and the discounts?  Do you never smoke at home or somewhere else?  Can you access the locker 24/7?

Of course, it would be nice to have sticks there on site.  Our local shops have a policy that you can't bring in outside smokes.  You've got to buy there.  They use the analogy, would you bring your own beer to a bar, or your own coffee to a coffee shop?

I smoke too much at home though.  I don't get to go to the lounge often enough due to two little girls at home and an awesome wife.  Would be one thing if I went up to lounge a couple times a week.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:31:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm at the lounge a couple times a week and spend $15-20 a week there. I'm thinking the discount alone would pay for it and then I'd only need a glass top humidor at home to keep a few smokes on hand. With the weather changing I'm finding my self going to the lounge to smoke more often. And the company is always good at Timothy's.

I will check with Tim this week to see what he keeps the locker humidity at. Anything else I should check?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Ah ok then that definitely makes sense. So if your lounge is cool with two of you splitting it and both of you get the discount, I say its a done deal.

Oh, def check the RH a couple times before comitting. And I don't know if cigar places do this, but they guarantee anything? Liable for loss/damage? Etc

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top