Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2010 3:51:38 PM EDT
I have a couple bail top jars that I picked up used.  I want to use for them aging tobacco's.  I am wondering what everyone does to sanitize jars...or when you empty a jar and fill it with a different blend.  My other jars I got new and only hold 4-5oz's.

I am thinking hot water and dish soap, with paper towels or a fresh from the bag sponge.

I know boiling will work, but these jars are a little bigger than I am prepared to boil.

opinions?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Dishwasher
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
household bleach and water.....mix according to directions
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Dish detergent rinse really well.  May use some distilled water for the final rinse.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:40:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh, keep in mind I usually run them twice in the dishwasher.  First time with detergent, second time without.  I also use "heated dry" and "sani rinse" cycles.  Never had a problem and I've got some jars going on 10 years now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top