Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2010 8:33:38 AM EDT
Hey everyone,

I am flying from California to Tampa Bay to see an old friend and I bought him a box of Man O' War cigars, is there a special way I should pack them?  I am not planning to bring then in a carry on and I have the wood box they came in.  

I also have another 6 or so cigars I am planning to bring; I have never traveled with cigars before, is there anything I should know?  Do cigars get "shocked" at all from the pressure changes?  Can I smoke them immediately once I arrive or do they need to sit and re-acclimate?  Do I need to make a make-shift humidor for them?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Two options, get you on of the plastic travel humidors or

If they are wrapped or in a box leave them that way.and toss them in a plastic ziplock bag, if they are a little dry you can toss in a SMALL and SLIGHTLY damp piece of paper towel.  

You will be good to go and smoke em when you get there.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
They'll be a-okay boss, especially from such a short time out of the humi.

The altitude doesn't affect the sticks at all.

The only issue is that airplanes are extremely dry.  Put all of your cigars in a ziplock or similar then put a humi-care pack or similar in with them.  For the singles, put them in a tupperware container and follow the same procedure.

In the future, buy a travel humidor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top