Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2015 10:03:22 AM EDT
I'm going mad. Delta kitchen faucet won't stop dripping from spout. I've replaced the ball, cam and packing, and seats and springs. It stops dripping until I turn the water on then off, and the dripping gets worse on every cycle.

Please help save my sanity.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Take it back down and make sure the contact points on the seals are clean.  There is an unlimited supply of different faucet configurations and I don't know which one you have but if it is a single handle, make sure the plate the seals contact is clean.

If separate handles, do same and make sure the caps that put pressure on the seals are tight.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Single handle. I will try to clean the where the seats go.

Eta pic of faucet

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]
They have great customer service.

I had a problem with ours getting some corrosion on the spout after we had it for a few years, and they sent me a brand new one.

Not just the spout, they sent me the entire faucet unit.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Took it down, and removed the seats. Everything was clean. Put the same seats and springs back in, but this time gave them an extra push so they were not protruding from the holes as much. Put it all back together and give it a little extra twist with the channel locks. Looks ok for now, but I've done this a few times already, and it eventually starts dripping again within a few hours (usually after sitting off for a while). Hopefully I won't be posting back in this thread. Thanks for the hellp everyone!
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Took it down, and removed the seats. Everything was clean.
View Quote

Polish the faces with rouge anyway.
If it does not reflect like a mirror is is rough.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip. Just so I am clear, the faces are the cylindrical "holes" that the springs and seats fit into? Or is it the entire "cup" that the ball rests on?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As above, I'd just call Delta, as there's no use wasting time on it--they will make it right.  Delta and Moen are known for fantastic CS.  
View Quote

This. They stand behind their "lifetime" guarantee.  They sent me a new one of these:

For free, even though we all know that these are plastic and eventually dry rot no matter what you do.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip. Just so I am clear, the faces are the cylindrical "holes" that the springs and seats fit into? Or is it the entire "cup" that the ball rests on?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cup.
While they will send parts it can take a while for older units.

If you already have a felt bob and some rouge it is just a few minutes.
When the new parts arrive you can decide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top