Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 1:18:13 PM EDT
Got back from Vegas, and my 2007 MB GL450 has a dead battery, went to dealer, OUCH, came home, read instructions (have put in lots of batteries in my time) put in battery and NOTHING!  Rechecked what I did, re read manual, still nothing!  The courtesy lights, radio, and power seats work, but no headlights and the key will not turn in the ignition (yeah I jiggled the steering wheel).  Anybody with a MB out there with a clue?  I know it was a dead battery because I jumped it and it ran but since its got power everything I needed the new battery but once I put that in nothing!  A service tech at MB said I would have to reset the computer (?) I said what if I replaced the battery in the middle of the desert, how do I reset the computer there?  Ideas?

Turned out to be a loose fuse in the battery compartment, I'm glad it was something simple.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:13:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting the update!  I have a ML500 that will be due for battery replacements soon and I was hoping to be able to do this myself.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I spent too much in Vegas and wanted to save what I'm sure was going to be a good service charge for just a battery replacement.  The Gl 450 battery is under the passenger seat, not hard to get out but still requires a little more effort.  There's a bunch of different fuses in there and one must have been bumped and got loose.  The MB roadside assistance guy that came out found it and got it going again, no charge.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
My battery is under the seat too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top