Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2011 7:12:15 PM EDT
My wifes last computer crashed and she lost all of her music on ITUNES.  She still has the music on the ipod and I'd like to recover it for her.  Any suggestions on how to get all of her music back into ITUNES?  Free is better, but I'll pay a bit if necessary...but I can't differentiate between the spam/garbage/spam sites and good ones.  Any chance yall have some experience?

CMS
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
this is probably better asked in Urban Commandos, but winamp will let you copy everything off an iPod, and it's free.

ETA: are you running OS X or Windows?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Windows.  Thanks I'll try Winamp.  I already have it so that's convenient.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know for certain but the apple store may also be able to do that.
i mean the worst they'll do is tell you "no" or give you an estimate on what it would cost.

Unfortunately i don't remember what software i used... i tried it once on my mac just for fun.

The one thing I will say however is that after you get it back, I recommend considering keeping copies of the music on another drive.

that's how I run my mac .. well mainly cos the hdd in it is too fucking small.. but all the music is on an external hdd. (on two now cos i upgraded to a bigger hdd and copied it all over but left the originals where they were as data insurance)
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey OP, I ran into this same thing once a few years back. 3500 songs I thought were just down the drain. Im not the most computer literate person so Im not going to be able to explain exactly what needs to be done, but I can assure you it is doable!

My sister got my music from my Ipod to my new computer using a program (I believe) called "i-Rip".

The program will allow you to run itunes essentially in reverse, from pod to comp. I don't know what it cost, she already had it on her computer so I cant help you much past that.

Good luck!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Program called TransCopy Suite.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top