Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2011 6:36:02 AM EDT
I am in need of a new glass cook top for my whirlpool model # RF386PXGB 3
I am also curious if anyone has done a swap on this model or a whirlpool unit? from what i read it is either very easy, or if the top does not come off the heating elements, it can be a huge pain in the ass.
since this is the DIY forum, i am obviously going to undertake this repair myself.
any insight, tips, or places i can buy this replacement cook top, would be much appreciated.
thank you
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Cooktop-or-Related-Component/1017752?modelNumber=RF386PXGB3 ... not sure if this is the one....I've used these people alot & they are very helpfull....if you look at their site there may even be instructions for this....I know I found some while working on our dryer
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
bump to make the wife happy when she comes home to find her stove repaired...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
might want to contact member drfrige here if no one has gotten back to you on this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top