Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2009 12:44:12 PM EDT
I was looking into buying one of these for my room, and was wondering, can I use my dishnetwork with this t.v.

dynex t.v.s
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't be 100% sure since I don't have the details of your Dish receiver but I will go ahead and say yes, they will work fine.  The TV's all have multiple inputs so use the best connection that both have.  HDMI, component, s-video, composite and RF connections are listed in the order of best quality to worst quality.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:35:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I am connected to my satellite with this kind of cable

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't check all of the TV's but they did have NTSC tuners.  So using RF (your cable) between the TV and sat box will work.

But that is the absolute worst connection.  Upgrade to composite or s-video for a much better picture.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#4]
what is involved in doing that sort of transition..
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as your box has the outputs and your TV has the input, just buy the new cable (hdmi, component, composite, s video)

ETA: Posting the model number of your dish receiver would make this easier
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:56:19 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.dbsinstall.com/PDF/Manuals/DishPro_322_Chapter2_web.pdf

Page 14 has the pictures of the back of your receiver as well as the discription of each connection.  Use an S-video cable to connect between the receiver and the TV.  Use a set of stereo RCA cable to connect between the receiver and the TV.  Set the TV to the appropriate input.  The difference is amazing.  The only thing better is jumping to high def.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
great info..thank you.  For sound I was actually gonna try to hook it into my 5.1 surround system..

http://www.venturer.com/products.aspx?view=293
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:56:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Then connect the audio L & R outputs of the satellite receiver to the appropriate input of your sound system.  You will NOT get true 5.1 audio.  That is only available via a digital audio connection and your Dish receiver does not have that output.  The best you can get is Dolby Pro Logic if your audio system supports that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Are you talking about adding to my existing sound system or buying a new one all together.  I do not know how to see if my current system will support D.P.L
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#11]
You have 5 speaker so I assume it has some type of matrix surround format that works with a stereo signal.  That web site is useless for information.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#12]
yeah I know it is an old model I have..I don't even think Venturer is a company anymore.. I bought a cheapo..As far as a stereo signal goes I can plug it into anything using the auxiliary input cable, I just plug it into the Headphone jack of whatever sound device and BAM!! I have it on all 5 channels.. I currently use it on my magnavox tube tv..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top